Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sony E3 Plans; Will Focus On Spider-Man, Last Of Us And Other Exclusives (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253439)

Emabulator 05-11-2018 11:33 AM

Sony E3 Plans; Will Focus On Spider-Man, Last Of Us And Other Exclusives

Game Informer has the story.

Quote:

On today's Sony Blogcast, chairman of Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios Shawn Layden revealed the plans for what Sony's bringing to E3 this year. In lieu of a traditional press conference, the publisher will instead focus on "deep dives" for four upcoming exclusives: Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Part II, Spider-Man, and Death Stranding.

Layden also says that Sony will be announcing third-party publishing partners as well as new indie titles. The publisher will not be revealing any new hardware.

You can listen to the whole blogcast episode right here.

ElektroDragon 05-11-2018 11:57 AM

Of course. EXCLUSIVES is all they have left. :D

JazGalaxy 05-11-2018 01:21 PM

Huh. Sounds like they are wrapping it up for PS4.

That sounds about right. There were a lot of silly rumors about PS"5" being revealed this year and sold this year, but that was nonsense. The rumors of it going on sale for 2020 sound pretty reasonable.

As a huge PSVR fan, though, I wish they would have made a statement about focusing on it.

Evil Avatar 05-11-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2512174)

Yes, nothing but a slew of exclusives and the exact same version of every multiplatform game that you can get on the Xbone.

LostToys 05-11-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2512174)

Works for Nintendo.

Primus 05-11-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2512216)
Works for Nintendo.

We'd have to pretend that Sony's line up is the same caliber, though.

LostToys 05-11-2018 08:30 PM

There are plenty of excellent console exclusives on the PS4, including the just released God of War. Nintendo is not the only developer out there that knows how to make fun to play games.

JazGalaxy 05-12-2018 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2512222)
There are plenty of excellent console exclusives on the PS4, including the just released God of War. Nintendo is not the only developer out there that knows how to make fun to play games.

I think sony caters to a specific type of gamer. Perhaps Nintendo does too. But I think those two types of gamers are different.

Evil Avatar 05-12-2018 10:30 AM

I'm not sure what a "deep dive" is. I really don't want to sit through 10 minutes of gameplay for each of four titles and then a 5 minute sizzle trailer and that's it. This doesn't seem like it will be a great show this year.

I think Sony is so far ahead of the game now because of exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Days Gone that they don't need to really put together much of a show. They won this generation when Microsoft kinda turned in the towel and stopped pushing out exclusive games.

Heck, when was the last time Microsoft even made a Halo game? That's their big franchise and it has been MIA since the console launch 4+ years ago.

We always talk about who "Won" E3, but Sony doesn't need to win E3 this year when they already stomped their competition into the ground.

SpectralThundr 05-12-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primus (Post 2512218)
We'd have to pretend that Sony's line up is the same caliber, though.

True what with Nintendo stuck in low end hardware hell.