Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Resident Evil Film Director Making a Monster Hunter Movie Starring Milla Jovovich (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253455)

Emabulator 05-14-2018 04:36 AM

Resident Evil Film Director Making a Monster Hunter Movie Starring Milla Jovovich

Eurogamer has the story.

Quote:

There's a Monster Hunter movie in the works.

Paul W.S. Anderson, the director of the Resident Evil movies, is at the helm, and he's working once again with Milla Jovovich.

According to Variety, the Monster Hunter movie has a $60m budget and goes into production this September. It shoots in South Africa, in and around Cape Town.

We don't know anything yet about what the film will be about, or how it'll adapt the loot hunt video game. But the people behind it want it to be a film series, like the Resident Evil movies turned out to be. Apparently there's a Resident Evil reboot in the works, too, but this may end up being a TV series rather than a movie.

Chimpbot 05-14-2018 05:40 AM

Oh, good. I'm glad to see Anderson is getting another crack at making poor adaptations of a popular video game series while showcasing his wife.

I wonder if he'll turn the main character for this series into Tetsuo again.

shadow763 05-14-2018 06:24 AM

Is he triple dipping at this point? Gets paid to direct, puts his wife in it whom he gets, and then she gets paid to star which ultimately goes back into his pocket.

GinRummy 05-14-2018 06:34 AM

I will happily watch either Milla or the other Mila in just about anything.

Sensei-X 05-14-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

There's a Monster Hunter movie in the works.

Paul W.S. Anderson...
Oookayyy, I read enough, fucking pass.

Exodus 05-14-2018 08:08 AM

Should get kate beckinsale and the producer for underworld so they could quadra dip so that people wouldn't have to bother seeing whatever underworld or resident evil coming out this year or the next they could just watch this.

Literally have zero career outside of their shitty little movie franchises.

Yes, both extremely are attractive but what is the best mila has ever done? 5th element? Yes it's one of my top 10 and Kate's best movie was pre-mom bod underworld or that movie serendipity?

karaliusbronius 05-14-2018 09:25 AM

I'm down. Sounds good to me, I hope its better than the last couple Resident Evil movies though.

LostToys 05-14-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow763 (Post 2512277)
Is he triple dipping at this point? Gets paid to direct, puts his wife in it whom he gets, and then she gets paid to star which ultimately goes back into his pocket.

It is much more than this. Anderson is paid to write, produce, and direct while Jovovich gets top billing (well, as much as you can for these kind of films) to star. So, as a family, they are making a damned good amount of money on each film made. Also, to note, these films make money. Sony would not continue to allow Anderson and company to make these films if they were not getting a return on their investment. So it seems like everyone, from the filmmakers to the studio, are happy with this heavy quadruple dipping.

MadMurdock_0311 05-14-2018 04:23 PM

Paul W.S. Anderson is another Uwe Boll as far as I'm concerned.

LostToys 05-14-2018 05:12 PM

Paul W.S. Anderson can at least make entertaining films. Can't say the same about Uwe Boll.

Hellstorm 05-15-2018 08:45 AM

He did make Event Horizon oh so long ago.

Chimpbot 05-15-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellstorm (Post 2512425)
He did make Event Horizon oh so long ago.

He's also responsible for Alien vs Predator(wrote and directed), Soldier(the fair-to-middling pseudo-sidequel to Blade Runner) and wrote all three of the shitty Death Race movies.

He's made a lot of fairly crappy stuff.