Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Bonus Items Revealed (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256414)

Evil Avatar 10-05-2018 07:10 PM

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Bonus Items Revealed

Quote:

With the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 just weeks away, we wanted to share first details around some of PlayStationís 30 days early-access content coming to Rockstar Gamesí deepest and most expansive world to date.

Both Red Dead Redemption 2 and its multiplayer experience, Red Dead Online, will come with exciting PlayStation 4 benefits right from launch. In Red Dead Redemption 2, PS4 players will be able to customize Arthur Morgan with the Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit.

Come November with the launch of Red Dead Online, PS4 players will get 30 days early access to the versatile Arabian horse featuring a custom Alligator skin saddle, and the High Roller double-action revolver. Make sure that you have an active PS Plus subscription so that you can access Red Dead Online and check out these awesome items!
PlayStation Blog.

Terran 10-05-2018 08:21 PM

105-ish GB download...kinda damned ridiculous, lol.

MadMurdock_0311 10-08-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2522216)
105-ish GB download...kinda damned ridiculous, lol.

Maybe. I've played many games that require 80GB installs. I imagine that this game is going to have a huge world with lots of assets, so it seems fairly rational. Now, if I had a shoddy internet connection, or a data cap I'd be pissed off having to download that much data.

SpectralThundr 10-08-2018 09:43 PM

No PC release no buy. You'd think Rockstar/Take Two could manage to ship a console and a PC sku at the same fucking time like every other publisher on the fucking planet.

Evil Avatar 10-09-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2522316)
No PC release no buy. You'd think Rockstar/Take Two could manage to ship a console and a PC sku at the same fucking time like every other publisher on the fucking planet.

Why? Holding back the PC version forces PC gamers who want to play this to pick it up now on a console or you have to wait a year to buy it on the PC.

It's smart marketing. A lot of people will buy it now, then buy it again later when it comes out on the PC and those PC gamers who don't want to buy it on a console will just get it a year from now when the PC port comes out.

SpectralThundr 10-10-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2522381)
Why? Holding back the PC version forces PC gamers who want to play this to pick it up now on a console or you have to wait a year to buy it on the PC.

It's smart marketing. A lot of people will buy it now, then buy it again later when it comes out on the PC and those PC gamers who don't want to buy it on a console will just get it a year from now when the PC port comes out.

It's greed, you'd pitch a fit if this were electronic arts, you and everyone else. I will not buy the same game multiple times anymore. Give me a PC sku or you don't get my money.

Chimpbot 10-10-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2522457)
It's greed, you'd pitch a fit if this were electronic arts, you and everyone else. I will not buy the same game multiple times anymore. Give me a PC sku or you don't get my money.

Okay...so, don't buy it multiple times. If you're waiting for a PC release, then...just wait for it.

LostToys 10-11-2018 01:39 AM

As long as the PC release is a year away, I really have no problem double dipping, particularly as I can wait for a sale on the PC version.

SpectralThundr 10-11-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2522478)
Okay...so, don't buy it multiple times. If you're waiting for a PC release, then...just wait for it.

That's the point, any other publisher has 3 skus ready day 1, the fact that Rockstar seems incapable of this shouldn't be something that is acceptable.

Evil Avatar 10-11-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2522500)
That's the point, any other publisher has 3 skus ready day 1, the fact that Rockstar seems incapable of this shouldn't be something that is acceptable.

As I said above, they aren't "incapable" of releasing 3 versions at once, they choose not to release the PC version to generate the maximum number of sales for the console versions. It's just good business.

As Dick Jones would say, "Good business is where you find it."

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1958/4...4085d988_z.jpg