Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Borderlands 3 Reveal Videos (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260277)

Evil Avatar 05-01-2019 08:31 PM

Borderlands 3 Reveal Videos

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...01c0c17f_z.jpg

Click on the headline for the Videos.

Azrael 05-01-2019 08:59 PM

Awww man, i want it badly!!! Fucking epic store making me conflicted

Blog 05-01-2019 10:50 PM

Wake me up when it comes to Steam. Or maybe when Epic adds some basic fucking features to their bare-ass launcher.

wunshot 05-02-2019 05:29 AM

Am I the only person completely underwhelmed here? Looked exactly the same as borderlands 1, 2 & prequel.

I get that you want the same gameplay as borderlands 1, but it's been how long? 10 years! I expect something in the way of graphical improvements in a decade.

Azrael 05-02-2019 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2536651)
Am I the only person completely underwhelmed here? Looked exactly the same as borderlands 1, 2 & prequel.

I get that you want the same gameplay as borderlands 1, but it's been how long? 10 years! I expect something in the way of graphical improvements in a decade.

Thats what i wanted... more of the same! :)

Gameplay looks like its only changed slightly, no biggie there. Few new weapon manufactuers, alt fire mode, different classes etc (though shocked only 4 classes still).

I havent watched the video from start to fininsh (jumped through it) but parts definitely looked better/sharper than BL2. Though with the cell shaded style i imagine its hard to make leaps and bounds in terms of graphical improvement (I could be wrong, and yes i'm a fanboy of Borderlands)

Vulture 05-02-2019 07:33 AM

MOTS just update the template for 2019 release and don't spend any assets for actual improvements.

Meeks 05-02-2019 09:57 AM

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything that shows me they've evolved the gameplay and truly addressed the fundamental issues that plagued the previous titles. It almost looks like DLC. I'm not sure I've ever played a game that I started out enjoying so much and then so quickly got bored. And that's saying something because online co-op shooters are my absolute go-to genre. But everything looks the same, everything feels the same. I don't want to run through a hundred maps that all look the same, with the same enemies and crates scattered about. I don't want a gazillion procedurally-generated weapons. I'd rather have a few hundred hand-crafted ones, each with unique qualities.

MadMurdock_0311 05-02-2019 12:04 PM

I'll give it a go when it's available during a sale, and probably not on the Epic store. I have no issue that there are so many different markets (Steam, GoG, Ubi, Origin, Blizz/Activision, etc.), rather, I loathe exclusivity deals, timed or otherwise; I don't like markets taking away my options, and forcing me to buy it on their store.

Mad Max RW 05-02-2019 02:08 PM

I will only consider getting this if Randy Pitchford resigns.

Terran 05-03-2019 08:22 PM

I will only consider getting this if it isn't a Borderlands game. Because they're all the same and boring as hell. :D

SpectralThundr 05-03-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2536651)

Nope I feel exactly the same, I have zero interest in this, oooohhh there's a billion guns! OMG Only 5 of them are useful, kinda defeats the whole point of a looter shooter, never mind the visuals are as bad as they were in BL1, this cel shading shit that is all the rage this generation is so fucking god awful.

PatrickRes9 05-03-2019 11:32 PM

I feel like this game is trying hard. And it's pushing hype. And im SUPPOSED to be excited for it.

But really, it just looks like more of the same. I feel like I'd get a few hours in and get that stark "been there, done that" feel.

"The loot instancing thing! Game changing!"

Oh yahhh...sure. Changes the whole damn game.

Yah, I want to get excited, but I just can't and I can't figure out why. I think I'm going to skip.

Evil Avatar 05-06-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2536775)
I feel like this game is trying hard. And it's pushing hype. And im SUPPOSED to be excited for it.

But really, it just looks like more of the same. I feel like I'd get a few hours in and get that stark "been there, done that" feel.

"The loot instancing thing! Game changing!"

Oh yahhh...sure. Changes the whole damn game.

Yah, I want to get excited, but I just can't and I can't figure out why. I think I'm going to skip.

I picked up the Borderlands 2 remaster and after a few hours I was like, "What were we all excited about again?" It hasn't aged well for sure.