Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RAGE 2 – Official Launch Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260400)

Evil Avatar 05-09-2019 07:33 AM

RAGE 2 – Official Launch Trailer

Quote:

RAGE 2 launches on May 14, but before it gets here, let’s roll back the clock to get you caught up with this launch trailer. Waaaaay back. All the way back to the first game and... beyond?

Evil Avatar 05-09-2019 07:33 AM

Dag-Sabot 05-09-2019 09:04 AM

I'm not giving it a compliment by saying that it will be better than borderlands 3.

vallor 05-09-2019 10:18 AM

I can't believe this piece of shit ad/trailer got greenlit. They need to fire their ad agency and whoever hired them. The voice actor maybe too but I think he did the best with the shit script he had.

Their best foot forward is a gangrenous clubfoot infested with botflys. Not something you want to google if you've just eaten.

brandonjclark 05-09-2019 10:21 AM

I like my games SLIGHTLY more serious than this trailer makes it out to be.

Booda 05-09-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2537145)
I like my games SLIGHTLY more serious than this trailer makes it out to be.

Uh huh. You mean like this Best Awesomes trailer?

Chimpbot 05-09-2019 12:29 PM

I dunno, I think this looks fun.

I'm kinda sad I forgot this was coming out next week, because I spent the majority of a Gamestop gift card my brother-in-law gave me for Christmas on Days Gone. I'm trying to dramatically reduce the amount of money I spend on games this year...but this one looks like it could keep me occupied for a good, long while.

Meh. Maybe I'll pick it up anyway.

Booda 05-09-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2537152)

I agree. I'm actually looking forward to this. I also thought the trailer was pretty decent. I especially liked the end of it. Reminded of Zarkov's memory wipe in Flash Gordon.

MadMurdock_0311 05-09-2019 01:29 PM

That trailer made me cringe. I don't think I'd be able to make it through this game.

Mad Max RW 05-09-2019 04:44 PM

Needed Michael Biehn if they're doing a voiced protagonist. I kinda just want a full size Blood Dragon followup.

Evil Avatar 05-09-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2537152)

I'm kinda sad I forgot this was coming out next week, because I spent the majority of a Gamestop gift card my brother-in-law gave me for Christmas on Days Gone. I'm trying to dramatically reduce the amount of money I spend on games this year...but this one looks like it could keep me occupied for a good, long while.

Meh. Maybe I'll pick it up anyway.

I forgot this was coming out next week! And for a change, it's coming out on Tuesday with the rest of the releases instead of being held over until Friday as has been the custom recently.

I went ahead and put in my order. I don't know if this is a good trailer or not (I watched it with the sound off so it seemed fine), but the other trailers make this one look like a total blast, so I'm all in.

You get a custom controller skin if you order from Amazon. I might use that one on my old base black controller.

92miata 05-09-2019 10:13 PM

Wow that was awesome. Day one purchase now!

SpectralThundr 05-09-2019 11:49 PM

Bulletstorm 2019.

Chimpbot 05-10-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2537196)
Bulletstorm 2019.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Bulletstorm was fun. Stupid, sure...but it was still fun.

SpectralThundr 05-10-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2537209)
You say that like it's a bad thing. Bulletstorm was fun. Stupid, sure...but it was still fun.

Stupid, gimicky and overrated also it flopped hard. :rolleyes:

Evil Avatar 05-10-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2537210)

I enjoyed parts of it, but a lot of what the developers were going for didn't work. Adding extra points to each kill for first kicking people into the air before killing them had no real value and wasn't really all that fun.

The whip itself wasn't really fun, it was the least interesting of all the weapons and it was the big selling point. The best weapon ended up being like the giant spike and once you had that, everything else was kinda pointless.

It also had no real boss battle.

I think there was some great stuff in there and it wasn't a bad little game, but it needed a lot of work and what it really needed was for the developers to listen to feedback. I told them before the game even released (and I'm sure I wasn't alone) that the whip didn't add anything to the game.

You could tell right from the first gameplay videos that it was dumb to first whip someone, then kick them, then shoot them... when you could just shoot them and be done with it.

Chimpbot 05-10-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2537210)

Stupid? Sure.

Gimmicky? Sure.

Overrated? Hardly; people bag on that game all the time.

It flopped? Things flop all the time, good or bad.

I enjoyed the game for what it was at the time, back in 2011; it was a dumb, juvenile shooter with plenty of violence.