Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Looks like Ghostbusters: The Video Game is getting a Remastered Version (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260476)

Evil Avatar 05-13-2019 05:57 PM

Looks like Ghostbusters: The Video Game is getting a Remastered Version

Quote:

It looks like developer Terminal Reality's fab 2009 Ghostbusters video game might be getting the remaster treatment, if a new listing from the Taiwanese ratings board is to be believed, at least.
EuroGamer.

Terran 05-13-2019 08:02 PM

Yay ?

SpectralThundr 05-13-2019 08:45 PM

Oh god Why??

EL CABONG 05-14-2019 08:33 AM

I really enjoyed this game back in the day. That being said I really don't have any desire to replay it. I am really tired of remastered games from last gen. I would prefer more new games or if you have no creativity left remaster something somewhat older that would benefit more from a updated version.

MavenACTG 05-14-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2537423)
I really enjoyed this game back in the day. That being said I really don't have any desire to replay it. I am really tired of remastered games from last gen. I would prefer more new games or if you have no creativity left remaster something somewhat older that would benefit more from a updated version.

Remasters aren't targeted at people who played the game when it first launched.

The framing is also bizarre, like the development team doing the remaster should have access to the entire library of games capable of being remastered, then should make decisions of remastering what is worthy, or, as vaguely put, "would benefit more" by the remastering process.

The business/market context is missing.

I enjoyed the game when it was released, and consider it a good candidate for remastering if the IP owner had the resources and market incentive to do it. Remastering strikes me as a great way for a studio to develop their engineering skills on modern hardware in a way that sees some financial ROI. As a historical example, Blizzard got its start on ports for other games when it was Silicon & Synapse.

tldr; it's not for you. :D

Mozgus 05-15-2019 07:50 AM

Can they not release it on pc this time in dogshit incomplete fashion?

PatrickRes9 05-15-2019 08:09 AM

It really wasn't a bad game at all. It was surprisingly better than I expected.

That said - sure there are always people who didn't play the very last generation of console games - BUT MOST ASSUREDLY there are older games that would be much more fun and exciting to remaster. A classic that everyone would really love to revisit. I don't get remastering previous gen games at all. The effort could be put to better use on a project new AND old gamers would enjoy. Not just kids who missed the last generation. I'm certainly not ready to revisit this game. It was pretty good, but it wasn't THAT good.

AlfredT 05-16-2019 05:42 AM

I want original mario brothers (not super) remastered!

Oh fuck they did, they call it Super Smash Brothers. Well shit.