Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   KFC Trolls Apex Legends (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260512)

Evil Avatar 05-15-2019 06:54 AM

KFC Trolls Apex Legends

Fast food chicken franchise Kentucky Fried Chicken was trolling the monumental amount of Apex Legends content that has been hitting the market since the game launched. Or lack thereof.

Chief Smash 05-15-2019 07:06 AM

I know it supposedly still has a good player base and that the game plays really well, but it's pretty amazing to see how far out of the public conversation Apex fell.

Scherge 05-15-2019 07:35 AM

Sorry for asking a potentially dumb question, but... kfcgaming can't possibly have anything to do with the fast-food chain, can it?

Booda 05-15-2019 08:09 AM

Probably about time to put on a concert.

Slartibartfast 05-15-2019 09:59 AM

I tried this game. I downloaded it, booted it up, and looked at all the character options. And they were all, in their own special way, so freaking ugly that I quit to desktop and never went back.

brandonjclark 05-15-2019 10:08 AM

Ha, the game does have some boringly-ugly characters. But, it's all about the gameplay. TBH though, I load it less often lately. It's just not as easy to push out content on Source engine games compared to.... anything else.

I'm having a LOT of fun with Rage 2 atm. The world might be lifeless, but the gameplay feels next-gen. The shooting is amazing.

Orphiuchus 05-15-2019 10:16 AM

They've said that they're not going to run their developers into the ground trying to rush things out, which I can respect.

Chief Smash 05-15-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphiuchus (Post 2537490)
They've said that they're not going to run their developers into the ground trying to rush things out, which I can respect.

I can definitely respect that too. Not sure it's good for immediate business but I guess I can respect them even more because of that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slartibartfast (Post 2537488)
I tried this game. I downloaded it, booted it up, and looked at all the character options. And they were all, in their own special way, so freaking ugly that I quit to desktop and never went back.

Yeah I felt the same way. The characters were completely unappealing to me, which is kind of a weakness in a character based shooter.

Booda 05-15-2019 11:48 AM

EA has yet to figure out that Fortnite's success has fuck all to do with gameplay.

Chimpbot 05-15-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scherge (Post 2537475)
Sorry for asking a potentially dumb question, but... kfcgaming can't possibly have anything to do with the fast-food chain, can it?

Believe it or not (I certainly didn't at first), this is actually an official thing from KFC.

brandonjclark 05-15-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2537497)
Believe it or not (I certainly didn't at first), this is actually an official thing from KFC.

Nothing goes better together than a bucket of greasy chicken and a keyboard, am I right guys?

Terran 05-15-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2537498)
Nothing goes better together than a bucket of greasy chicken and a keyboard, am I right guys?

Or the beer I knocked over mine a few weeks back, lol. Son of a... :mad:

Oh well. I just got another one. Beer, that is. :D

PacerDawn 05-15-2019 04:00 PM

KFC scares me...

https://i.imgur.com/lKW6tqU.png

SpectralThundr 05-15-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2537507)

The job they're doing of running Sander's reputation and image into the ground is pretty disgusting the last few years.

GinRummy 05-15-2019 05:43 PM

Are they even "Kentucky Fried Chicken" any more? I know they officially changed their name to KFC a long time ago, apparently to diversify their menu offerings a bit. Yeah, their modern ads are really hit or miss, but at least they're trying to mix it up. Props for trying.

SpectralThundr 05-15-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinRummy (Post 2537512)
Are they even "Kentucky Fried Chicken" any more? I know they officially changed their name to KFC a long time ago, apparently to diversify their menu offerings a bit. Yeah, their modern ads are really hit or miss, but at least they're trying to mix it up. Props for trying.

Nope, they're actually owned by Pepsi Co under a shell brand, along with Taco Bell and Pizza Hut.

ElektroDragon 05-15-2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2537493)
EA has yet to figure out that Fortnite's success has fuck all to do with gameplay.

It has everything to do with following the herd of mindless sheep because that's what streamers decided was popular?

Transylmania 05-15-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2537489)
I'm having a LOT of fun with Rage 2 atm. The world might be lifeless, but the gameplay feels next-gen. The shooting is amazing.

I'm enjoying Rage 2 also for the same reasons. The story/characters/voice acting are all pretty bad but the gunplay and sound effects are so meaty. When I hit that Overdrive and see that red screen..just like Brick from Borderlands would say ITS TIME TO TASTE THE RED MIST! Gameplay is great!

AlfredT 05-16-2019 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2537511)
The job they're doing of running Sander's reputation and image into the ground is pretty disgusting the last few years.

I thought they were talking about Harland. not Sara Huckabee :)

Just trollin :)

AlfredT 05-16-2019 05:35 AM

Man I clicked on that tweet.. and soo many butthurt people at KFC over a lil not even edgy humour.

But then I avoid the twitterverse due to this kinda inane shit.