Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Final Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263486)

Evil Avatar 10-23-2019 08:06 AM

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Final Trailer

The saga will end, the story lives forever. Watch the final trailer for @StarWars: #TheRiseOfSkywalker in theaters December 20.

Evil Avatar 10-23-2019 09:46 AM

Small technical problem with the other thread. Houston, we have a problem.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f81cc57a_z.jpg

Booda 10-23-2019 10:47 AM

Putting it back up. :p

EL CABONG 10-23-2019 11:03 AM

Meh... I loved SWs. I liked 7 and Rogue One. 8 was so bad I kinda don't care about the saga flims anymore and I like 7 way less than I once did. I don't care much about any of these new characters after 8. 9 will most likely be better than 8 but the damage is done.

I still like star wars in theory. Looking forward to clone wars season 7. That new jedi game looks decent. I would prefer EA to not have the SW IP but whatever.

I see alot of Dark Empire in this trailer. Also seeing the "Ghost" still around is cool as a fan of the show Rebals. Too bad I don't like any of these characters.

Luncian 10-23-2019 05:54 PM

I am looking forward to the inevitable sequel trilogy in 20 years simply and solely because I want nothing more than to watch the current characters die as pitifully as the characters in Star Wars that anybody ever gave a crap about did.

CthulhuFan 10-23-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2546741)
Meh... I loved SWs. I liked 7 and Rogue One. 8 was so bad I kinda don't care about the saga flims anymore and I like 7 way less than I once did. I don't care much about any of these new characters after 8. 9 will most likely be better than 8 but the damage is done.

I still like star wars in theory. Looking forward to clone wars season 7. That new jedi game looks decent. I would prefer EA to not have the SW IP but whatever.

I see alot of Dark Empire in this trailer. Also seeing the "Ghost" still around is cool as a fan of the show Rebals. Too bad I don't like any of these characters.

I really enjoyed Rogue One and the Clone Wars animated series is, far and away, my favorite Star Wars stuff. "What? It's a nice hat!" I really wish they'd spend more time exploring the universe instead of pushing out this absolute pozzed trash. Rebels is legit too (haven't finished it) but a little ... uh ... I don't like it as much as Clone Wars but it's at least interesting and world building.

Sensei-X 10-23-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2546726)
Small technical problem with the other thread. Houston, we have a problem.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f81cc57a_z.jpg

I'm guessing George Lucas' hair blew it up. :D

Azzy 10-23-2019 11:59 PM

I find these movies extremely difficult to care about.
They've said themselves that the universe rights itself. After too many years with the light in charge, the dark will take over, then vice versa.
Sooo, they've already told us that every battle is pointless, the good never win, the bad never win, nobody ever wins, it's just constant struggle with some years of not struggle.
Why bother trying to care about a character when you're told, from the get-go, that nothing they do actually matters?
Then you stack on top of that all of the things that they've been getting wrong. From "WOOO!" every fifteen minutes when Sir Simple gets to see something blow up or he gets to go fast to rescueing space horses but leaving a bunch of children in slavery, to one of the most important characters in the series just using his brain so hard he evaporates.
At least we haven't had a new bad guy introduced named something like "Count Nasty-ius" or "Darth Crunchems" or "Lord Viscious-ius."
Screw these movies.

Chief Smash 10-24-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 2546792)
They've said themselves that the universe rights itself. After too many years with the light in charge, the dark will take over, then vice versa.
Sooo, they've already told us that every battle is pointless, the good never win, the bad never win, nobody ever wins, it's just constant struggle with some years of not struggle.
Why bother trying to care about a character when you're told, from the get-go, that nothing they do actually matters?

That really is stupid. I always hated the idea that it's somehow noble to want balance between good and evil. It's asinine.

Terran 10-24-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 2546792)

This isn't limited to Star Wars. You've hit on the reason I lose interest in long-form stories on TV or in the cinema. If the creators don't exercise real restraint, all the pressures are there to continue to string out a story and it becomes a soap opera where another plot-extending ridiculous contrivance is just around the corner and nothing ever concludes.

Series that sag after a few years are quite common.

The Walking Dead.
Game of Thrones.
Once Upon a Time.

The list could go on and on and on, just like some of the series seem to do. :sigh:

Star Wars needs a real end to this period of conflict. An actual closure. The world can continue, but they should go elsewhere in time with the entire story. Dream up a new direction or let it lie fallow for a decade.

Evil Avatar 10-26-2019 08:10 AM

The chances of Disney letting Star Wars lie fallow after spending $4.5 Billion to purchase the franchise and building a Star Wars theme park are pretty much Zero.

They might be slightly more careful about who they let run the franchise in the future after the Rian Johnson disaster, but I doubt there will be any slowdown.

They have the Mandelorian TV series, a Cassian TV series and the Game of Thrones showrunners are working on a new trilogy.

There is also rumors of an Obi-Wan TV series and that they are finally going to do the Boba Fett stand-alone movie.

Plus, Marvel’s Kevin Feige is rumored to be taking over Lucas Films from Kathleen Kennedy.

There will be LOTS of Star Wars in our future.

The force is with you... ALWAYS.

EL CABONG 10-26-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2546947)
The chances of Disney letting Star Wars lie fallow after spending $4.5 Billion to purchase the franchise and building a Star Wars theme park are pretty much Zero.

They might be slightly more careful about who they let run the franchise in the future after the Rian Johnson disaster, but I doubt there will be any slowdown.

They have the Mandelorian TV series, a Cassian TV series and the Game of Thrones showrunners are working on a new trilogy.

There is also rumors of an Obi-Wan TV series and that they are finally going to do the Boba Fett stand-alone movie.

Plus, Marvelís Kevin Feige is rumored to be taking over Lucas Films from Kathleen Kennedy.

There will be LOTS of Star Wars in our future.

The force is with you... ALWAYS.

I agree SW isn't going anywhere. It may take a year a two off between movies tho.

All I really want from Star wars is Kotor 3. Let Obisidan or CD project Red do it . EA isn't doing great with the IP. Let someone else play with the Star Wars IP .

Evil Avatar 10-27-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2546950)
I agree SW isn't going anywhere. It may take a year a two off between movies tho.

All I really want from Star wars is Kotor 3. Let Obisidan or CD project Red do it . EA isn't doing great with the IP. Let someone else play with the Star Wars IP .

They might be taking a break for a year from movies, but they arenít slowing down on the TV front because the whole series of the Mandelorian will be available on Day 1 when Disney+ launches. You can bet your booties Iíll be signing up for that. Iím already signed up for $10 a month for Crunchyroll, which I never seem to use even though there are lots of neat shows. So, I think Iíll just cancel the Crunchyroll and sign up for Disney+ instead.

I think they are putting up a lot of old 70ís movies too which I havenít seen in forever, like all the old Don Knotts stuff they did and obscure stuff like The Cat from Outer Space (which is a particular favorite of mine because as a child I got ripped off from seeing it on the big screen like 3 weeks in a row and was always disappointed that I didnít see it).

EL CABONG 10-27-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2546988)
They might be taking a break for a year from movies, but they arenít slowing down on the TV front because the whole series of the Mandelorian will be available on Day 1 when Disney+ launches. You can bet your booties Iíll be signing up for that. Iím already signed up for $10 a month for Crunchyroll, which I never seem to use even though there are lots of neat shows. So, I think Iíll just cancel the Crunchyroll and sign up for Disney+ instead.

I think they are putting up a lot of old 70ís movies too which I havenít seen in forever, like all the old Don Knotts stuff they did and obscure stuff like The Cat from Outer Space (which is a particular favorite of mine because as a child I got ripped off from seeing it on the big screen like 3 weeks in a row and was always disappointed that I didnít see it).

Thought I read somewhere that the Mandalorian was gonna drop one episode a week. Hope I am wrong I prefer to binge.

Cat from outer space was great. Disney owns Miramax and fox aswell. I hope they have some non "disney" type content on Disney plus
I

MADxMrMike 10-28-2019 03:33 PM

I enjoyed watching the newer Star Wars in theater, but they do not stick like the original trilogy. I guess maybe it's Rey? I just do not relate to her. She has no back story... No family.. No real purpose or stakes in anything. Like I watch her and see a puppet. I keep waiting for some big reveal as to why we are watching her and nothing.... Kylo is pretty awesome though, but how they have handled him and everything else has been so all over the place that I just really do not care now. Would have been a lot cooler if Kylo slowly fell to the darkside during the trilogy.. or completely. I dont want to see a redemption arc for Christs sake. Make the stakes high damnit!!

Also so many wasted opportunities. The Knights of Ren should have been in all three movies and main protagonists(with Palpatine pulling strings in back(or god forbid someone else.))... Full blown show of Force powers. When Kylo stopped the laser bolt in TFA I was like yeah this is going to be bad ass... Alas nothing that cool has happened since. The dude gets bested by Rey?? Come on... He should have crushed her completely. Now the Luke thing I actually liked. No one is infallible and Luke has always battled doubt so I liked that. Of course watching him go ham at the end of TLJ would have been awesome but hey I see what they were going for. In terms of sheer power what he did was pretty impressive in the Star Wars universe.

Hopefully this last one ties up everything so nicely that it all makes sense... One can dream.

vallor 10-28-2019 04:42 PM

I'm not sure there's much that can redeem the series from the fail that was The Last Jedi. I have a little hope but the group of characters is so damn unlikable, especially after TLJ.

None of the characters except Rose and Finn have any real interpersonal relationship building unless you count the long-distance courting of Kylo and Rey. But they have ZERO chemistry.

In contrast even the prequels tried harder to create the sort of bonds that should last through a lifetime between the characters (though they weren't successful thanks to the wooden acting and terrible script).

Everyone Rey has had a chance to bond with is now dead (Han, Luke, and Leia... displaced for now) except Kylo and if the match were believable at all it would be great, but it isn't believable. There was something with Finn but he ditched her for a new chick after she abandoned him for a whole movie... while he was close to death at that!

Poe and Finn, but again they'd need to be in the same place for longer than a heartbeat to bond.

Chewie and... ? Han dead, Luke dead, he's gotta grab on to whatever he can.