Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Diablo 4 Announcement Trailer #BlizzCon (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263680)

PacerDawn 11-01-2019 02:13 PM

Diablo 4 Announcement Trailer #BlizzCon
 

A few points:
  • Still isometric
  • the Druid is back
  • Open world with randomized dungeons
  • Shared world coop (aka MMO-lite), take down those bosses in groups!
  • PvP (though not mandatory)
  • Mounts

It's like they are trying to make it into World of Warcraft.

vallor 11-01-2019 04:31 PM

The cinematic bits there seems... not up to the usual Blizzard standards. I mean, it was good but I've seen a lot better, and from Blizzard years ago.

Overall, I like the Druid coming back but not much else inspired me.

CthulhuFan 11-01-2019 05:53 PM

Grim Dawn or PoE have surpassed you. *mic drop*

Gonna have to do better.

brandonjclark 11-01-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2547397)
The cinematic bits there seems... not up to the usual Blizzard standards. I mean, it was good but I've seen a lot better, and from Blizzard years ago.

Overall, I like the Druid coming back but not much else inspired me.

Just look at the Overwatch trailer, it is in much better quality.

This seemed.... blurry.

Maybe it's because it's just early or something. Hard to tell.

Evil Avatar 11-01-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2547403)
Just look at the Overwatch trailer, it is in much better quality.

This seemed.... blurry.

Maybe it's because it's just early or something. Hard to tell.

No, you are right, the cinematic bits seemed blurry. Not sure if they were going for some sort of style or if this is an early trailer that didn't have time to fully render.

Terran 11-01-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CthulhuFan (Post 2547400)
Grim Dawn or PoE have surpassed you. *mic drop*

Haven't tried Grim Dawn (need to), but PoE is becoming a real mess. Terrible leagues (latest was Tower Defense PoE), power creep, and continually nerfing builds that are actually fun to play.

Plus, bought by Tencent, so your money is going to a nation that thinks killing tens of thousands of Americans with fentanyl is a viable business opportunity.

So fuck PoE, and that's coming from someone with a ton of time and money invested. No more.

brandonjclark 11-01-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2547405)
Haven't tried Grim Dawn (need to), but PoE is becoming a real mess. Terrible leagues (latest was Tower Defense PoE), power creep, and continually nerfing builds that are actually fun to play.

Plus, bought by Tencent, so your money is going to a nation that thinks killing tens of thousands of Americans with fentanyl is a viable business opportunity.

So fuck PoE, and that's coming from someone with a ton of time and money invested. No more.

I almost bought Grim Dawn the other day when it was on sale, should've.

I installed COD Mobile the other day and saw it was published in part by TenCent, so I promptly uninstalled it.

SacredWeasel 11-01-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2547405)
Plus, bought by Tencent, so your money is going to a nation that thinks killing tens of thousands of Americans with fentanyl is a viable business opportunity.

Tencent also has a 5% stake in Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft, Paradox Interactive and 40% in Epic Games. It's hard to avoid giving money to Tencent as a gamer.

Evil Avatar 11-01-2019 08:18 PM


Azrael 11-01-2019 08:47 PM

Dont like all the shit Acti-Blizz has pulled but have to say im weak enough to still pick this up when it comes up. Only question is WHEN will it come out?

Meeks 11-01-2019 09:37 PM

Games like Grim Dawn and Torchlight II surpassed for Diablo III for me. I'd love to see Diablo IV reclaim the ARPG throne for Blizzard, but this trailer doesn't assure me that will happen. Too early to draw any conclusions, of course.

Primus 11-01-2019 10:08 PM

The stuff they detailed during the panel sounds very promising. Seems like they acknowledged what people missed about D2, how people played D3, and designed this one around that, along with pushing it forward in a more modern direction. I am stoked.

Also, the ending of the cinematic trailer was fucking awesome, y'all on crack.

Terran 11-01-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SacredWeasel (Post 2547411)
Tencent also has a 5% stake in Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft, Paradox Interactive and 40% in Epic Games. It's hard to avoid giving money to Tencent as a gamer.

You can't disentangle yourself completely, but Tencent bought 80% of Grinding Gear Games (maker of PoE). So, 5% may be a tolerable level of their shit for some, but 80% is pretty intolerable.

That's my take at least.

Sensei-X 11-01-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2547428)
You can't disentangle yourself completely, but Tencent bought 80% of Grinding Gear Games (maker of PoE). So, 5% may be a tolerable level of their shit for some, but 80% is pretty intolerable.

That's my take at least.

People are attacking Bliz, but many of the same people will happily continue to play LoL from the 100% Tencent owned Riot Games because of... reasons.... Go figure.

badclam 11-01-2019 10:40 PM

Pass till the Crusader is a Class, cash grab.

badclam 11-01-2019 10:41 PM

don't you all have Cash!!!!

brandonjclark 11-01-2019 10:44 PM

Oh crap, Grim Dawn is still on sale at GOG.

https://www.gog.com/game/grim_dawn

for 7.49.

I'm buying it!

Evil Avatar 11-01-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badclam (Post 2547442)
don't you all have Cash!!!!

I'm not sure about Cash, but I know that Blizzard knows I have a cell phone. :p

badclam 11-01-2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2547445)
I'm not sure about Cash, but I know that Blizzard knows I have a cell phone. :p

Good One Evil!!! thanks for the Laugh

ministryofwrath 11-01-2019 11:10 PM

Alright, if they insist on trying to push this MMO style, why not let us have limited character creation?

Not all of us want to play a black or overly buff barbarian.

Really 3 hair colors 3 faces 2 skin colors and 2 genders, keep it simple.


that being said, I'll keep a eye on it, I still played the hell out of diablo III.


I'm still sad they ditched the dark souls style diablo the were developing, I'd have died happy if that game actually saw the light of day, can you imagine loot in that kind of game?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:01 PM.