Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Elizabeth Moss takes on the Invisible Man (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263771)

Evil Avatar 11-07-2019 06:47 PM

Elizabeth Moss takes on the Invisible Man

Quote:

What you can’t see can hurt you. Emmy winner Elisabeth Moss (Us, Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale) stars in a terrifying modern tale of obsession inspired by Universal’s classic monster character.

Trapped in a violent, controlling relationship with a wealthy and brilliant scientist, Cecilia Kass (Moss) escapes in the dead of night and disappears into hiding, aided by her sister (Harriet Dyer, NBC’s The InBetween), their childhood friend (Aldis Hodge, Straight Outta Compton) and his teenage daughter (Storm Reid, HBO’s Euphoria).

But when Cecilia’s abusive ex (Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Netflix’s The Haunting of Hill House) commits suicide and leaves her a generous portion of his vast fortune, Cecilia suspects his death was a hoax. As a series of eerie coincidences turns lethal, threatening the lives of those she loves, Cecilia’s sanity begins to unravel as she desperately tries to prove that she is being hunted by someone nobody can see.

The description sounded terrible, but it looks fantastic!

Grandpappy 11-08-2019 07:40 AM

I feel like I just watched the whole movie.

LostToys 11-09-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2547765)
The description sounded terrible, but it looks fantastic!

This is what I was going to say as well. It sounds absolutely terrible. Universal needs to get some better people writing their PR, otherwise, they will have another bomb on their hands ala The Mummy.

I guess this is why Netflix also moved into pre-rolling video now for every show you scroll over. Apparently no one knows how to write descriptions for shows or movies anymore so we need to be shown content in order to entice us to actually give it a watch.

Chief Smash 11-09-2019 06:53 PM

I know Universal had a grand plan to re-brand their old classic monster movies. And while I enjoyed the Tom Cruise Mummy movie enough and I did like The Wolfman, their overall effort hasn't really worked. I wonder if they should embrace the feeling of those old movies. Make them all period pieces, maybe even in black and white but with modern effects. Don't try to update them for the current era. Embrace that they're sort of outdated and maybe even campy ideas that can still manage to be fun.

Sensei-X 11-09-2019 07:52 PM

It looks interesting enough, but seems like someone tried to shoehorn elements of Hollow Man into The Invisible Man.

PacerDawn 11-10-2019 11:40 AM

So no Johnny Depp and no more shared universe then. This looks more horror than action which is what it is supposed to be. Blumhouse does some good movies, so I have high hopes.

MADxMrMike 11-11-2019 11:24 AM

The Indivisible Man was off his rocker so I like how they stuck with that. However they pitted him against a woman AND made him her abusive boyfriend. Good old Hollywood... I think the only thing that would really surprise me would be if he was a person of color and you didn't find out until the end... But I would bet my next paycheck he is white.... haha

The original story was cool enough. Should have just stuck with it.

edit: Looked it up on IMBD... he white.