Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Batman Ninja Coming from Warner in 2018 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250158)

Evil Avatar 12-02-2017 05:16 PM

Batman Ninja Coming from Warner in 2018

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4568/2...d8560e0eff.jpg

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Evil Avatar 12-02-2017 05:16 PM

MadMurdock_0311 12-02-2017 08:59 PM

This looks... interesting.

EL CABONG 12-02-2017 09:09 PM

Not sure this is going to be any good but it might be weird enough that it doesn't matter. I'm intrigued.

Sensei-X 12-02-2017 09:44 PM

It looks interesting enough, I want it to be good. But who am I kidding, it couldn't be any worse than Batman and Harley Quinn and I paid to see that so I'll watch this too.

brandonjclark 12-02-2017 11:48 PM

Batman Ninja is a .... Samurai?

Exodus 12-03-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2500357)

That's what I was thinking...shouldn't this be called samurai batman?

Meh who knows I mean the creator of this is japanese and if they don't mind then \_(ツ)_/.

Evil Avatar 12-03-2017 09:05 AM

This is from the same artist who designed Afro Samurai, so it should be excellent as far as the art goes.

Azrael 12-03-2017 11:06 AM

Yeah totally down for this. Love the Batman/Samurai mashup... Can we get some cheesy dubs as well?

PacerDawn 12-03-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azrael (Post 2500368)
Yeah totally down for this. Love the Batman/Samurai mashup... Can we get some cheesy dubs as well?

Oh ha ha ha... Why do you guys always have to make fun of Skrillex?*

Also, even though this is from Japan, I keep thinking that there is some form of cultural appropriation going on here and that I should be offended.

*It's a joke. Skrillex does dub-step, "cheesy dubs", get it? get...? ah nevermind...

Skunk 12-03-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2500357)

You are confused because your ideas of what distinguish ninja and samurai are wrong, and have been taught to you by people who did not know better themselves.

DrizziTx 12-03-2017 12:50 PM

oh man, this is so ... japanese (a surprise ha?), over the top, edgy design, same crazy ideas.

JazGalaxy 12-03-2017 01:42 PM

This reminds me of the type of anime that was really popular in the early to mid nineties. That is to say, stuff where nobody cared if the story was any good as long as something weird and cool was happening on screen every ten seconds or so.

brandonjclark 12-03-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunk (Post 2500372)
You are confused because your ideas of what distinguish ninja and samurai are wrong, and have been taught to you by people who did not know better themselves.

Teach me, master!

*edit

Could Batman as a samurai be fighting mostly ninja's and THAT is why it's named so?

Mad Max RW 12-03-2017 05:22 PM

CGI animation is shit.

JazGalaxy 12-03-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2500386)
Teach me, master!

*edit

Could Batman as a samurai be fighting mostly ninja's and THAT is why it's named so?

He's right that the modern conception of a NInja isn't what Ninja were like, but that doesn't really explain Batman Ninja any.

Ninja were just assassins. So just like most modern assassins, they wore regular clothes that were inconspicuous.

The modern conception of what Ninja are thought to look like derives from Kabuki and Bunraku theatre where stagehands, meant to be ignored, would dress head to toe in black cloth garments.

brandonjclark 12-03-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2500390)
He's right that the modern conception of a NInja isn't what Ninja were like, but that doesn't really explain Batman Ninja any.

Ninja were just assassins. So just like most modern assassins, they wore regular clothes that were inconspicuous.

The modern conception of what Ninja are thought to look like derives from Kabuki and Bunraku theatre where stagehands, meant to be ignored, would dress head to toe in black cloth garments.

I don't see the assassin tie in with the stagehands. How did that come about?

GinRummy 12-03-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2500392)

Maybe someone pissed off one of the stagehands and there was a bad one-sided fight? They were already mad that they were just crew and not actors like they all wanted to be. Never anger the help. :)

JazGalaxy 12-04-2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2500392)

Well, the idea was that, much like western society, people got their idea of what certain things looked like from seeing them recreated in plays and movies. People knew that ninja existed intellectually, but they didn't ever actually SEE ninja creeping around. So when plays called for royals or damiyos to be assassinated, an assassin would come on stage to do the business. They costumed the assassin's in the stage version of what it meant to be "invisible", which was similar to what stagehands wore.

https://www.japan-zone.com/culture/p...pet-maiden.jpg

It's a slightly similar concept to how our movie version of a "spy" is a dashing, conspicuous overly-dressed man in a tuxedo. In reality, a spy would go out of his way to be as inconspicuous as possible, flying in the rear of the plane, wearing old clothes and possibly appearing slow witted or disabled in some way.