Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248915)

Jetherik 10-06-2017 06:39 PM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Here is the weekend. What are the games you are going to play?

BeardedSonOfNel 10-06-2017 07:09 PM

I'll be playing some After Death, Cuphead, and Skyrim

Emabulator 10-06-2017 07:47 PM

I'm going to work on finishing the career mode in DiRT 4 before Gran Turismo Sport comes out.

I'll also be playing Gary Grigsby's War in the West.

Meeks 10-06-2017 09:34 PM

Uh, Blackjack? Heading to Vegas for a conference. I'm hoping the positive spirit and love there overshadow the dark veil over the city following last weekend's events in defiance of such evil.

wunshot 10-07-2017 06:25 AM

I have been moving my four bedroom house and prepping it for sale for the past two weeks. Finally have a day to myself to just kick back and game.

I'll be playing divinity original sin 2 and some more path of exile.

I tried getting into destiny 2, but it felt like there wasn't a ton of content.

Skunk 10-07-2017 07:06 AM

Started playing World of Warships again and having more fun with it now than when it first dropped 2 years ago. They have done a respectable job adding content. I'm getting a kick out of the German Battleship line.

Azrael 10-08-2017 03:16 AM

Dawn of War 3, trying to finish the campaign and realising I suck at this kinda of RTS

HOTS has its hooks in me

Preloading Shadow of War! Bring it on

Terran 10-08-2017 09:21 AM

Path of Exile. Level 28 now on my first character. I enjoy it. The passive skills tree is seizure-inducing. It looks and feels like one would expect Diablo 3 to if one had only played D1/D2 and not the actual D3; that's a compliment.

On the negative side, the forward edge of the community in 'global chat' (akin to 'general chat' in D3) is so mentally deficient, with constant references to sexual fetishes and practices, names chosen for their stupidly immature anatomical references, and the like, that it has succeeded in achieving the impossible of making me miss general chat in D3 for its comparable maturity.

Seriously. It's WTFBBQ terrible. Absolutely ridiculous.

On another note, as a loot-drop-oriented-game PoE does a terrible job of doling out 'legendary' (orange) items. I played for just shy of 20 hours before I even got ONE to drop, and it was a piece of crap for my particular build as well. I'm not impressed with that aspect of the game. Leveling also seems quite slow, and like D3 it seems like an 'end game' (i.e. high level) game that holds most of its fun for high level folks who've finished the main acts.

Good game, with flaws. Free makes it worth a shot!

PatrickRes9 10-08-2017 09:39 AM

Divinity Original Sin 2
Divinity Original Sin 2
Divinity Original Sin 2
Divinity Original Sin 2
Divinity Original Sin 2
Divinity Original Sin 2
Divinity Original Sin 2

ElektroDragon 10-08-2017 10:59 AM

BATTLE CHASERS NIGHTWAR.... it's awesome.... and I grabbed the comic anthology for $2 on Google Play books. Physical version going rare is $500 LMFAO!!!

GinRummy 10-08-2017 05:46 PM

Also having a blast with Battle Chasers: Nightwar

blackzc 10-08-2017 08:13 PM

I gave up on Forza 7 and put it on Ebay.

Other than that i finally sat down and got the input issues on my Retro Pi fixed. Everything works correctly now.

Ill prolly be playing my Pi until Odyssey. GT Sport is coming but my PS4 is packed for the move next month, i may just wait until then. So many games i cant even.

BeardedSonOfNel 10-09-2017 10:50 AM

@Blackzc I love the Retro Pi!

hotdrop 10-09-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2494819)
Path of Exile. Level 28 now on my first character. I enjoy it. The passive skills tree is seizure-inducing. It looks and feels like one would expect Diablo 3 to if one had only played D1/D2 and not the actual D3; that's a compliment.

On the negative side, the forward edge of the community in 'global chat' (akin to 'general chat' in D3) is so mentally deficient, with constant references to sexual fetishes and practices, names chosen for their stupidly immature anatomical references, and the like, that it has succeeded in achieving the impossible of making me miss general chat in D3 for its comparable maturity.

Seriously. It's WTFBBQ terrible. Absolutely ridiculous.

On another note, as a loot-drop-oriented-game PoE does a terrible job of doling out 'legendary' (orange) items. I played for just shy of 20 hours before I even got ONE to drop, and it was a piece of crap for my particular build as well. I'm not impressed with that aspect of the game. Leveling also seems quite slow, and like D3 it seems like an 'end game' (i.e. high level) game that holds most of its fun for high level folks who've finished the main acts.

Good game, with flaws. Free makes it worth a shot!

Ive been playing path of exile as well. I'm on my second build, i'm surprised you are only L28 after 20 hrs. There are like 20-30 viable starter builds, you really should be building one of those or things are going to go real slow. I think a Spectral Throw or Ancestral War-chief build would be a really good choice.

I started this build up to L25 (in 1-2 hrs) and really enjoyed it but I switched to Sprectures: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839087

What build are you playing? I might have some Low Level items you can use.