Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Star Trek Picard First Teaser Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260697)

Evil Avatar 05-24-2019 08:02 AM

Star Trek Picard First Teaser Trailer

25 years ago, ‘All Good Things’ brought us to an end. The end is only the beginning.

ElektroDragon 05-24-2019 08:43 AM

aka Star Trek Depends

(I'm awful.) :D

CthulhuFan 05-24-2019 09:46 AM

I don't know... I'm still waiting for Discovery on disc, haven't seen it yet, but ... not sure what this is going to bring to Trek that's new and different.

Honestly,and I do love Trek, I'm actually more excited for the new season of The Expanse which, in my opinion, portrays a much more realistic view of social interaction in the near future.

Chief Smash 05-24-2019 10:53 AM

I loved Next Generation, despite all of its flaws. But you can't go back. Picard was great and I like Patrick Stewart but he retired the character at the right time.

excalibur1814 05-24-2019 11:13 AM

Anson Mount was a fantastic Captain (Captain Christopher Pike).

Terran 05-24-2019 01:09 PM

He's too old to carry this series. I loved him in ST:TNG, among many other titles he's been terrific in, but this is asking too much.

It's not going to work. :(

brandonjclark 05-24-2019 01:28 PM

Picard WILL carry the series, because no one else will.

I don't know how long it's been since you guys watched TNG, but I just finished the entire series (again) a few months back.

His performance doesn't waver throughout the entire series. He's ALWAYS Picard, always perfect.

I might like him better than any captain of the Enterprise, ever.

I cannot wait for this.

Terran 05-24-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2538110)
Picard WILL carry the series

He's going to have trouble carrying himself to the toilet, let alone carrying an entire series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2538110)
I cannot wait for this.

That's how he feels about trips to the toilet. :D

The man is old. OLD. He turns EIGHTY in six weeks.

God bless him. Great guy, great actor. OLD.

#SeriesFail

ElektroDragon 05-24-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2538111)

That's how he feels about trips to the toilet. :D

The man is old. OLD. He turns EIGHTY in six weeks.

God bless him. Great guy, great actor. OLD.

#SeriesFail

At least I admitted my awfulness at my age joke. :) On the flip side, there are some 80 year olds who run marathons. It depends what kind of octogenarian he is. He was indeed my favorite captain as well, and growing up I thought he looked really old in TNG! :D Let me guess, I'll have to subscribe to CBS All Access for this? :rolleyes:

vallor 05-24-2019 04:46 PM

In that picture Patrick Stewart reminds me of how my dad looks when he's trying to understand something but the dementia is kicking his ass a little too hard that day.

Terran 05-24-2019 06:52 PM

2:05 - "I should have done this a long time ago" is what he's thinking.

RAV 05-24-2019 08:49 PM

There was another later series in the Enterprise franchise that didn't really work so well for me.

The one thing I did like was the intro though, the best of all in my opinion.

brandonjclark 05-24-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAV (Post 2538132)
There was another later series in the Enterprise franchise that didn't really work so well for me.

The one thing I did like was the intro though, the best of all in my opinion.

Agreed. I tried to get into Enterprise, but I guess I just didn't like the characters.

Terran 05-25-2019 06:26 AM

There's one pathway to success for this series. They need Stewart to draw in the viewers for the first season and hope for a breakout star among the rest of the ensemble to carry the show going forward. If they rely on him, this is a one or two season show at best. If they can create a new and charismatic character within the ST universe to carry the show, Stewart's name might be enough to get it on folks' radar to allow fans to find that new actor and new character.

Arkarian 05-25-2019 10:55 AM

They brought that clip down quickly.

Azzy 05-25-2019 11:54 AM

https://youtu.be/f3om4V_-Y0Q

Terran 05-25-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 2538145)

From the trailer: "Then...the unimaginable" juxtaposed with images of his retirement winery.

Really? THAT is the imagery to pair with "unimaginable?" :facepalm:

The dude's retired and drinking fine wine. Leave him retired, lol.

excalibur1814 05-26-2019 07:30 AM

Let him shine again, in one of his most memorable roles.

Dag-Sabot 05-26-2019 08:18 AM

This is going to be sad. Ive fallen and cant get up, sad.

Evil Avatar 05-26-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot (Post 2538176)
This is going to be sad. Ive fallen and cant get up, sad.

Naw, Patrick Stewart is a great actor. It will probably be a decent series. Discovery wasn't horrible, it just wasn't "Star Trek" it was more like The Walking Dead... it was just the characters moving from one action sequence to another with some romance thrown in between action sequences.

There was none of the moral dilemma that was the hallmark of Star Trek and what really separates it from Star Wars.

But, it wasn't terrible to watch and had a few good episodes here and there.

This will probably be about the same. High budget with good actors moving from one action scene to another. I will watch it, I just won't pay for it.