Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255794)

Jetherik 09-07-2018 07:13 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

FOOTBALL SEASON is here! Ok, it started last week, but it is really here now. What games are you going to play this weekend?

EL CABONG 09-07-2018 08:11 AM

LoL, hopefully start Dragon Quest 11 (pc).

Since you mentioned NFL. Also gonna watch the My Bills. I have no idea how good or bad they are gonna be. The experts say dead last. Last year everybody thought they were tanking and they made the playoffs so who knows.

Chimpbot 09-07-2018 08:22 AM

I'd like to be saying that I'll be playing Spider-Man over the weekend...but I likely won't have much time.

Saturday will be spent kitten-proofing the apartment (we're taking in another one; she's tiny, only has one eye, and needs a good home) and Sunday will be spent running a bus ride to Fenway; the radio station I work for sells bus trips to Sox games and I volunteered to run half of 'em (which is a nice way of saying I'll be babysitting 50-ish adults) so the same person doesn't have to do all of them. Unfortunately, it's an 8pm game...which means I won't get home until around 5am the next day. Oh well.

On the bright side, I was able to snag a Spider-Man PS4 Pro simply by walking into a Best Buy this morning. I couldn't get one of the 500 Million-edition consoles...so, this will do.

Booda 09-07-2018 08:24 AM

Playing Forsaken (naturally). I'm not gonna call it great but as far as the single player content goes, it's pretty damn good. Haven't messed around with Gambit or Crucilble yet. Too early to tell if this game will eat up a few months of game time or just a few weeks.

As far as football goes...

https://pics.me.me/thank-you-colin-k...o-28621036.png

Evil Avatar 09-07-2018 08:31 AM

I'm doing whatever a Spider can.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1883/4...30cc7ce8_c.jpg

Meeks 09-07-2018 08:33 AM

Watching football (finally) and hoping to check out the Battlefield 5 open beta.

actusoul 09-07-2018 12:34 PM

Battlefield V open beta and looking forward to Raider/Rams game on Monday. One of my friends joined a cult so he will not be watching football on Sunday.

TheHulk 09-07-2018 03:57 PM

Looking forward to my Rams Monday night too.As for the Bills, they'd have done better last year if they had not benched Tuh-Rod Taylor. Game wise it's all gonna be about Spiderman.

Terran 09-07-2018 04:21 PM

Playing Delve league. Really enjoyed Incursion and Delve seems pretty solid so far as well, though I absolutely hate hate hate leveling out of the acts; much prefer end game mapping (or delving, in this case, lol). PoE is a solid game. F2P done right!

LostToys 09-07-2018 04:31 PM

Most like Battlefield V over the weekend since my Spider-Man is shipping from Kansas City, rather than Long Beach, so the game will take a week to get to me.

Wizzkidd 09-07-2018 05:26 PM

I'm currently all about SMITE, bought the character pass, so it's endlessly fun trying out each of the characters. I think I have a favorite now, as I'm starting to consistently be the top player on my team in matches.

I hate UPS with a passion.

I ordered the Corsair Strafe RGB MK2 keyboard on Monday, and it was supposed to be delivered today according to UPS, but it turns out they haven't even picked it up yet. This happens nearly every time with UPS. I even got an MSI distributer to switch over to FedEx because I had so many problems getting my 1080ti from UPS. If I knew Corsair was shipping with them I might've done something else.

Anyways, am looking forward to playing Far Cry 5 new game + when I get the keyboard, because of this:

Also, been playing a ton of VITA games lately, about to finally finish Killzone Mercenary!

EL CABONG 09-07-2018 06:12 PM

[QUOTE=TheHulk;2520454]Looking forward to my Rams Monday night too.As for the Bills, they'd have done better last year if they had not benched Tuh-Rod Taylor. Game wise it's all gonna be about Spiderman.[/QUOTE

Taylor was benched because he sucked. Did you watch him lead the bills to a whopping 3 points in their playoff game.

BeardedSonOfNel 09-07-2018 06:39 PM

I'm playing SimCity 2000 in Windows 3.11.

actusoul 09-08-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2520473)
I'm playing SimCity 2000 in Windows 3.11.

WOW. I thought I was playing an old game. I am getting into Rome 2 since I started reading about that time period.

Hecubus 09-08-2018 09:41 AM

In between watching football, Dragon Quest XI.

Mad Max RW 09-08-2018 06:17 PM

Playing the newly released Doom Slayer Chronicles with Project Brutality 3.0 and it is so addictive and awesome. However you need a beefy machine and spend time digging through what options to tweak before considering it playable. I recommend turning off the irritating filter effect on sprites, which adds way more pixels "smoothing" them out. Otherwise the stupid abundance of dynamic lights tanks framerate. The mod author set everything up in a weird way on gzdoom. But I got it locked at 60fps on 4k and it's probably the most detailed and kinda beautiful looking classic Doom mod out there. Think of a combination of Doom 2, Doom 2016, Painkiller and Killing Floor. With optimization it would be wonderful in coop.

Wizzkidd 09-09-2018 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by actusoul (Post 2520487)
WOW. I thought I was playing an old game. I am getting into Rome 2 since I started reading about that time period.

The only thing better than that time period is ancient Greece, which is also why I'm looking forward to the next Assassin's Creed. Love both ancient Rome and Greece.