Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dying Light: Bad Blood is Now Available in Early Access (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255933)

Evil Avatar 09-13-2018 07:29 PM

Dying Light: Bad Blood is Now Available in Early Access

Quote:

Dying Light: Bad Blood - Play Now

Techland is thrilled to announce that Dying Light: Bad Blood, the new online game that adds a brutal twist to the battle royale genre, is out now on Steam Early Access. This fast-paced competitive multiplayer title creatively blends PvP and PvE action while retaining the core of Dying Light’s iconic gameplay and can be accessed immediately by PC gamers worldwide.

By joining Early Access, players will become part of Dying Light: Bad Blood’s evolution. The valuable feedback gained during this phase will inform the game’s development, letting the core players help shape the game into the ultimate experience.

During the early access phase, Dying Light: Bad Blood will be playable by purchasing the Founder’s Pack, which not only grants access to the game before its final release but also includes exclusive in-game content available only to Founders. The $19.99* Founder’s Pack provides in-game currency and exclusive items, including the Founder’s Pass that will deliver three Legendary skins throughout the course of the three months following the Early Access launch.

“We’re really happy with the results of our recent Global Play Test and I’d like to thank all of the players out there that took part and gave us such helpful insight,” said Maciej Łączny, Producer. “We’ve made some big leaps in development based on that activity and look forward to the road ahead as we prepare new content for the game, the first of which will be available in the next few weeks.”

Throughout Early Access there will be free content updates appearing regularly in Drops, providing players with new items, characters, maps and more.

Dying Light: Bad Blood is intended to be a free-to-play game on PC and consoles and will transition to this model when the early access phase is concluded.

Join Bad Blood and desperately fight to survive in a city swarming with infected. 12 players enter: only one can leave. Scavenge for weapons, destroy zombie hives to level up, and combine your advanced parkour mobility with brutal combat skills to outrun, outsmart, and outplay your opponents.

To stay updated, please visit the Dying Light: Bad Blood website.
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Evil Avatar 09-13-2018 07:29 PM

brandonjclark 09-13-2018 08:06 PM

I'm literally going to download this after my smoke.

EDIT

It's literally $20 for the founders pack. BOUGHT! Downloading now!

Good post, Evil!

Drake_NS 09-13-2018 08:15 PM

Quote:

Dying Light
*perks up*

Quote:

...the new online game that adds a brutal twist to the battle royale-
*closes browser*

brandonjclark 09-13-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake_NS (Post 2520859)
*perks up*

*closes browser*

With the amount of support Dying Light has received, Techland deserves this and it was an EASY SHOTGUN buy.

brandonjclark 09-14-2018 06:59 AM

Okay, have put in about an hour of play. This is not like most BR games that I've played.

1) You fade in from black, landing on a portion of the map. I assume the game spreads you out fairly evenly, or randomly, can't tell.

2) Start running to collect weapons, items and equipment.

3) There are not zombies everywhere. They are located in marked spots on the map, guarding "nests" which you need to get to and extract samples from to upgrade your health and stamina.

4) All the while you are looking out for other players who can make easy sneak attacks on your position (always be looking around and moving).

5) Eventually, when a few players are left, a helicopter icon will signal somewhere on the map and you will have to try to run to it.

6) Only one player can leave on the helo, and in my one hour of playtime I've reached the helo only once, to be killed by a player who was three levels higher than me. Frustrating.

7) There are no moments of boredom in this BR rendition. You are constantly parkouring around the map, looking out for enemies and new zombie nests to harvest for level ups.

8) Although it's in early access, there is a shop where you can buy new clothes for your avatar and customized weapon paint schemes. I don't see anything P2W here.

9) Again, it might be an Early Access title but on my Acer Predator Helios 300 (2018 model) with an i7-8700H and a GTX1060, I'm hitting about 120-144 fps. The game runs like a dream.

10) If you are at all interested in revisiting this world I'd say pick it up!

MadMurdock_0311 09-14-2018 09:46 AM

Early Access, aka, "pay to be a alpha/beta tester." No thanks.

wunshot 09-14-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2520881)
Okay, have put in about an hour of play. This is not like most BR games that I've played.

1) You fade in from black, landing on a portion of the map. I assume the game spreads you out fairly evenly, or randomly, can't tell.

2) Start running to collect weapons, items and equipment.

3) There are not zombies everywhere. They are located in marked spots on the map, guarding "nests" which you need to get to and extract samples from to upgrade your health and stamina.

4) All the while you are looking out for other players who can make easy sneak attacks on your position (always be looking around and moving).

5) Eventually, when a few players are left, a helicopter icon will signal somewhere on the map and you will have to try to run to it.

6) Only one player can leave on the helo, and in my one hour of playtime I've reached the helo only once, to be killed by a player who was three levels higher than me. Frustrating.

7) There are no moments of boredom in this BR rendition. You are constantly parkouring around the map, looking out for enemies and new zombie nests to harvest for level ups.

8) Although it's in early access, there is a shop where you can buy new clothes for your avatar and customized weapon paint schemes. I don't see anything P2W here.

9) Again, it might be an Early Access title but on my Acer Predator Helios 300 (2018 model) with an i7-8700H and a GTX1060, I'm hitting about 120-144 fps. The game runs like a dream.

10) If you are at all interested in revisiting this world I'd say pick it up!

Thanks for the mini-preview. I'm in! :)