Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Featurette (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250218)

Evil Avatar 12-06-2017 09:08 AM

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Featurette
 
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4534/3...f95d9d67a0.jpg

Trailer tomorrow, until then the Featurette contains new footage.

Evil Avatar 12-06-2017 09:08 AM


walstib 12-06-2017 09:37 AM

“it’s like nothing you have ever seen before”

except if you saw the first 4 which were really just the original repackaged over and over and over

seriously why is this franchise still a thing?

that teaser was like watching a mashup of the first three movies

JazGalaxy 12-06-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walstib (Post 2500596)
“it’s like nothing you have ever seen before”

except if you saw the first 4 which were really just the original repackaged over and over and over

seriously why is this franchise still a thing?

that teaser was like watching a mashup of the first three movies

Because dinosaurs killing people is an evergreen concept. Everything else is just a formality of how the people get into the dinosaurs mouths.

excalibur1814 12-06-2017 12:32 PM

"seriously why is this franchise still a thing?"

...because people actually go to see the films. Just because 'you' see no value in them does not mean that they should stop. I'm a G1 Transformers fan and find the films to be, in one way, terrible, but if I remove that bias, I can see that they're entertaining. Plus they make cash and that's why they keep on coming.

It's not about what 'we' like... it's about how much cash they make (But you know this).

Exodus 12-06-2017 04:21 PM

Because dinosaurs are fucking cool? h'duh!

Mad Max RW 12-06-2017 06:26 PM

Until they find a way to do a R-rated version of the original Michael Crichton book without stepping on the perfection of the original Jurassic Park movie the new series is just more cheeseball nonsense for kiddos and when I'm drunk.
A hypothetical Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park miniseries could be great.

JazGalaxy 12-06-2017 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2500687)
Until they find a way to do a R-rated version of the original Michael Crichton book without stepping on the perfection of the original Jurassic Park movie the new series is just more cheeseball nonsense for kiddos and when I'm drunk.
A hypothetical Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park miniseries could be great.

I was actually thinking about how they could do a Jurassic Park television series. I think it could be really cool. Especially if there were no heroes. It’s just InGen employees that you get to know over the course of the season and they all might die at any time. Then toward the end of the season there could be a big even where the dinosaurs attack en masse. But most of the series would just be a drama about the lives and loves of vaguely evil scientists. I think that would be neat.

ElektroDragon 12-07-2017 12:32 PM

CGI dinosaurs were impressive in the 90s. But now? It's ho hum, we've literally seen everything possible with CGI.

Chimpbot 12-07-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2500755)
CGI dinosaurs were impressive in the 90s. But now? It's ho hum, we've literally seen everything possible with CGI.

We may as well just stop making movies, then! Its all been done before!

MadMurdock_0311 12-07-2017 03:39 PM

I like Chris Pratt and Jeff Goldblum, but otherwise I'm not excited for this one. I personally don't think any but the original were very good. The first one had heart, everything after is just a money grab.

Either way, I'll watch it with MoviePass.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 PM.