Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sonic The Hedgehog - Official Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260236)

Evil Avatar 04-30-2019 06:20 AM

Sonic The Hedgehog - Official Trailer

Quote:

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is a live-action adventure comedy based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega that centers on the infamously brash bright blue hedgehog. The film follows the (mis)adventures of Sonic as he navigates the complexities of life on Earth with his newfound human best friend Tom Wachowski (James Marsden). Sonic and Tom join forces to try and stop the villainous Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) from capturing Sonic and using his immense powers for world domination. The film also stars Tika Sumpter and Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic.

Hes a whole new speed of hero. Watch the new trailer for Sonic The Hedgehog, in theatres this November. #SonicMovie

Evil Avatar 04-30-2019 06:35 AM

That looks completely terrible. Like "I can't believe some Moron wasted money on this." level of terrible.

Chimpbot 04-30-2019 07:04 AM

I hate being overly negative all the time...but that looks like it'll be all sorts of not good.

Sensei-X 04-30-2019 07:27 AM

Wow, this is probably not even as good as one of those fake Funny or Die trailers. Like everything about it screams wrong, from the nightmare fuel appearance they used for Sonic to the non-nonsensical choice of music. Not to mention the story-line is something someone stole out of the "rejected Transformers movie scripts" trash bin at Hasbro.

Tolgar 04-30-2019 07:27 AM

And the curse of live action video game adaptations continues unimpeded. I would have rather they had made a full movie "season 3" of Sonic Boom.

Booda 04-30-2019 07:38 AM

Wow. That looks horrible enough to be free to play & have a BR mode.

Meusli 04-30-2019 07:46 AM

In total agreement with you guys, should have animated it instead of this awful CGI.

MavenACTG 04-30-2019 07:59 AM

Some furry with a lot of money made this happen. To be honest though it was nice to see Jim Carrey doing something.

Also, how does Sonic not have the reflexes to dodge a dart gun shot. He should be Quicksilver, not Juggernaut.

Mad Max RW 04-30-2019 10:12 AM

Either Jim Carrey is legitimately good in this or everything else is so bad it’s doing a mindfuck with my brain making him look good.

LostToys 04-30-2019 12:18 PM

Sonic Boom

Chief Smash 04-30-2019 12:53 PM

Honestly, is Sonic worthy of something better than this?

NACIONAL 04-30-2019 01:21 PM

That was awful.

Terran 04-30-2019 02:25 PM

I can't believe a project like this got funding. Talk about 'gigantic piles of money that just need to be burned' levels of wealth. :facepalm:

MavenACTG 04-30-2019 03:46 PM

Sega got its licensing fee, that's all it gives a shit about given the status of the property.

ColinVI 04-30-2019 06:11 PM

Sonic the Hedgehog is a franchise that resembles Herpes. It never seems to go away, is a distinct embarrassment when it pops into view, and has a high correlation with poor life choices.

Skunk 04-30-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2536544)
Either Jim Carrey is legitimately good in this or everything else is so bad its doing a mindfuck with my brain making him look good.

Exactly.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing this on a flight or something just to see if he turns out to be funny. The setting is so ridiculous it's perfect for him.

karaliusbronius 04-30-2019 09:06 PM

So its gonna be bad, but I have to see it because Jim Carrey looks good in it.

Azzy 04-30-2019 11:16 PM

This could potentially be the worst movie ever.
Everything about this looks horrible.
The animation is crap, the story idea is crap, Jim Carey is just trying to reprise a character behavior that nobody wants from him anymore, it's promo song makes zero fucking sense and I think they showed us the post credit scene in the trailer.
It's not even good enough to be intentionally bad, it's just so bad it's gross. What the actual fuck?!

Somebody who pays to see this is the problem.

vallor 05-01-2019 12:21 AM

This looks toxic. The CGI, the Story, the Actors... the special effects seem good but from the moment the speedgun clocks at 730 MPH to the last second of the trailer it screams "FAIL!". Just like the Detective Pikachu movie except without as popular a mascot.

I can imagine the writers struggling with the concept for a whole minutes before spending a day or two writing a script.

Maybe Jim Carrey was blackmailed to sign on which is the only reason it got a greenlight. Or maybe this is the result of his untreated mental illness from a combination of exposure to Scientology and then a complete break with reality over not being able to accept Trump as President.

And "Gangster's Paradise"? For Sonic the Hedgehog? Who thought that was a good addition to the soundtrack? What the hell does it have to do with anything? It's so random they could have picked "Master of Puppets" of all they wanted was something with a good beat and energy.

NESter the Unlikely 05-01-2019 04:46 AM

If they would just change his color to orange and make him wear a white shirt, this could go from being an awful Sonic movie to an awesome still pretty awful Bubsy movie. They'd have guaranteed ticket sales from the trendy millenial meme gamer crowd that likes to pretend Bubsy is cool.

You can even let the other characters keep calling him Sonic, have it be an 'ironic' running gag.