Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   World War Z Post-Launch Roadmap Unveiled (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260296)

Evil Avatar 05-02-2019 06:19 PM

World War Z Post-Launch Roadmap Unveiled

Quote:

Saber Interactive's World War Z unveils post-launch content roadmap on PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Windows PC

Saber Interactive's World War Z unveils post-launch content roadmap on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC New Tokyo Mission, Enemy Zombie Type, Six-Skull Difficulty Setting, Weekly Challenge Mode and More Arriving Soon

Saber Interactive, in partnership with Focus Home Interactive, has announced the first phase in its post-launch content roadmap for World War Z, the action-packed co-op shooter inspired by Paramount Pictures’ blockbuster film. After celebrating more than 1 million units sold in its first week of launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC via the Epic Games Store, the World War Z team is moving forward to deliver new gameplay, features and improvements to the game month to month.

In May, a brand-new mission set in Tokyo will drop alongside a terrifying zombie type that spits a deadly virus and can resurrect if not properly dispatched. June will bring a new six-skull difficulty setting with a unique reward, as well as bonus cosmetics and more. And in July, players can discover the new Weekly Challenge mode, plus additional cosmetics and other goodies.

Other major upgrades in development for further free updates include a wave-based survival mode, private lobbies, the ability to switch classes during PvPvZ matches, field of view (FOV) and level of detail sliders on PC, and more.

Powered by Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine™, World War Z unleashes hundreds of fast-moving, bloodthirsty zombies – able to move and strike as one collective herd as well as break off into individual attackers – at a time on players. Choose from six distinct classes and an arsenal of deadly weapons, explosives, turrets and traps. Outlive the dead through intense four-player co-op campaign missions around the world, including New York, Jerusalem, Moscow and Tokyo, and battle both zombies and real human opponents in competitive, team-based Players vs. Players vs. Zombies (PvPvZ) multiplayer.

World War Z is currently available digitally and at most major retailers on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for $39.99, as well as Windows PC via the Epic Games Store for $34.99.
For more information, visit wwzgame.com.

Transylmania 05-03-2019 03:53 AM

I had so much fun playing this game..and then my save file got corrupted and I lost weeks of progress and my account got wiped back to level 1. But luckily by then I had 3 classes at max level and didn't have much desire to keep playing anyway so I uninstalled the game feeling satisfied. Still, I hope that doesn't happen to anyone else.

EL CABONG 05-03-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transylmania (Post 2536718)
I had so much fun playing this game..and then my save file got corrupted and I lost weeks of progress and my account got wiped back to level 1. But luckily by then I had 3 classes at max level and didn't have much desire to keep playing anyway so I uninstalled the game feeling satisfied. Still, I hope that doesn't happen to anyone else.

That sucks. I have heard alot of mixed things about this game. It looks very left 4dead but with classes and leveling hooks/unlocks. That part sounds fun. Reports of bugs and matchmaking issues not so much.

Curious how buggy is the game?

Dag-Sabot 05-03-2019 09:35 AM

Do you have to be online to play this?

MavenACTG 05-03-2019 10:26 AM

Seemed like it. Get Days Gone if you want offline zombie stuff. It is more World War Z, the Book, rather than World War Z, the Movie.

Or you could frame it as the Walking Dead in Oregon.

Transylmania 05-03-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2536742)
That sucks. I have heard alot of mixed things about this game. It looks very left 4dead but with classes and leveling hooks/unlocks. That part sounds fun. Reports of bugs and matchmaking issues not so much.

Curious how buggy is the game?

I wonder if its a bug with this game in particular that caused my save file to get corrupted or if its something else. I purchased it digitally on the Playstation store and I played it on the PS4 Pro. I haven't had any other issues like this with any other game though. It happened a couple times actually but it only set me back a little bit so I might lose a match worth of experience..but when it wiped my entire account clean back to level 1 I was kinda shocked. Like..that's brutal. So much progress lost..but I had fun and I was pretty much done playing it by that point anyway. I didn't experience too many other bugs though. Nothing like that anyway. I saw some T-pose zombies here and there and some characters sliding around in a knocked down position but they were actually running around normally it just wasn't displayed properly. Things like that I guess.