Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257867)

Jetherik 12-28-2018 08:49 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

The last weekend of the year! What were your favorite games you played? What are the games you are playing now?

HAPPY GAMING NEW YEARS!

BalekFekete 12-28-2018 08:50 AM

Going to dive (see what I did there...?) into Subnautica this weekend. So far it's far exceeded my expectations but I've only scratched the surface of the game.

BadIronTree 12-28-2018 09:30 AM

Stellaris new expansion MEGA CORPS
War Thunder Marathon <3

And i hope to finish Prey/Doom/Shadow of the tomb raider xD

DarkestHour00 12-28-2018 09:53 AM

The only game I've played for the last year, EVE Online.

wunshot 12-28-2018 02:03 PM

I jumped back into Xcom2, but it feels like it's coming to a close. After that I'll probably either try the dlc or phantom doctrine.

brandonjclark 12-28-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkestHour00 (Post 2527106)
The only game I've played for the last year, EVE Online.

OMG, I used to play that like 12 years ago or something. How is it still enjoyable to you?

I'm spending time playing The Witcher 3.

wunshot 12-28-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2527123)
OMG, I used to play that like 12 years ago or something. How is it still enjoyable to you?

I've "played" it a bunch of times, but it was always me just jumping in to change my training, and then being to afraid to leave the station because I was afraid I was going to get ganked.

m.c. 12-28-2018 05:44 PM

I have put in lots of weeks into Destiny 2 and all the DLCs. Still doing it.

Right now, my favorite game of the year would go to God of War for the PS4 and I'm trying to get platinum for it.

So much backlog of games and so little time...

Ghostblaze 12-28-2018 07:24 PM

Evil Within for PC
Mother Russia Bleeds PC
Red Dead 2 PS4

vallor 12-28-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2527123)

Speaking of Witcher I loaded up The Witcher 2. I decided to finally get into the series but I didn't want to go all the way back to the first. I'm sort of regretting that right now considering the references to Yennefer early on and the amnesia.

PatrickRes9 12-28-2018 09:20 PM

If anyone at all likes tactical cRPGs....do yourself a favor and go get Tower of Time right now. Game's combat is F-N incredible. Incredible game overall, really. cRPG fans should not miss.

BeardedSonOfNel 12-29-2018 08:16 AM

I never owned a Game Boy Advance, so I've been playing around with an emulator (a real GBA screen is too small for my old eyes) and Metroid: Zero Mission. What a nice remake of the original Metroid game!

BeardedSonOfNel 12-29-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2527134)
Speaking of Witcher I loaded up The Witcher 2. I decided to finally get into the series but I didn't want to go all the way back to the first. I'm sort of regretting that right now considering the references to Yennefer early on and the amnesia.

I've never played the first one either, but that didn't hurt the story for me. It was like I had real amnesia (not knowing the events as well) :P

Mad Max RW 12-30-2018 08:37 AM

A bunch of roms and Sonic Mania Plus on Steam. What a great Sonic game. I like it a lot better than I remember the sequels after 2 back in the day. Additionally, there's an easy to use mod loader with hundreds of tweaks and modifications to make it even better. Disabling the supersonic music is a personal requirement. Good stuff highly recommended.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2527144)
I've never played the first one either, but that didn't hurt the story for me. It was like I had real amnesia (not knowing the events as well) :P

There's some good story recaps official and fan made.

If you're digging the setting and characters you really should read all the books saving Sword of Destiny for last. The emotional finale has a bigger impact. A more satisfying end than most other series.

BeardedSonOfNel 12-30-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2527175)
If you're digging the setting and characters you really should read all the books saving Sword of Destiny for last. The emotional finale has a bigger impact. A more satisfying end than most other series.

I have read all of the books twice now, and I've watched the TV Show they made over there years ago. All good stuff.

Thanks for sharing the video too!

brandonjclark 12-31-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2527134)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2527144)

I played nearly all of the first Wither, barely none of the second, and have spent nearly 100% of my time the last two weeks playing W3.

It's fucking amazing.

FUCKING AMAZING!

SpectralThundr 12-31-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2527234)
I played nearly all of the first Wither, barely none of the second, and have spent nearly 100% of my time the last two weeks playing W3.

It's fucking amazing.

FUCKING AMAZING!

I enjoyed Witcher 3, the combat wasn't "amazing" however. Game is solid tho.

Mad Max RW 01-01-2019 11:07 AM

Combat in the Witcher series was always the weakest part. When you get better gear and high level swords it can be fun slaughtering enemies. I found New Game + made the beginning way more enjoyable. That's no excuse for having to plow through one time on normal.

Oh yeah, I can't recommend the Immersive Cam mod enough. A couple years ago I was looking for a solution to first person view and every "first person camera" mod broke something. The best is Immersive Cam. You can easily set it up by physically moving the camera to roughly where Geralt's eyes are (a little above his head is best) then increasing the FOV in the new ingame mod options and saving it for indoors and outdoors. Only do this when you're walking around like normal. When riding the horse do the same. During combat with a higher FOV you have to move the camera back to maintain original situational awareness. Or if you want a kind of Mount and Blade view move the camera only slightly back and over the shoulders. The mod automatically knows when to switch to different camera modes once you're setup. And there's hotkeys for everything.

PatrickRes9 01-02-2019 01:31 AM

Beat Portal Knights today. Working on finishing Shadow Warrior 2.