Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New handcrafted Yoshi and Kirby games launching in March (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258011)

Evil Avatar 01-09-2019 08:06 AM

New handcrafted Yoshi and Kirby games launching in March

Quote:

If you’re a fan of Yoshi and Kirby you are going to love the month of March. That’s because two big Nintendo adventures are launching that month – each featuring a beautiful handcrafted style, platforming gameplay for players of all ages and beloved Nintendo characters.

Yoshi’s Crafted World, a new adventure and the first game starring Yoshi for Nintendo Switch, launches exclusively for the system on March 29.

In the game, you play as an adorable Yoshi exploring a big world crafted from household items like boxes and paper cups, journeying through each themed stage to solve puzzles and find hidden treasures. On the flip side, stages can be played backward, providing new perspectives to explore and the challenge to find Poochy-Pups that are hiding around the course. You can even join up with a friend to play through the game in two-player co-op. For more information about the Yoshi’s Crafted World game for the Nintendo Switch system, visit nintendo.com/yoshis-crafted-world.

In this enhanced version of the acclaimed Kirby’s Epic Yarn game that originally launched for the Wii system, Kirby is transported into a world made of cloth and yarn to unravel enemies, unzip secret passageways and transform into powerful vehicles. Every stage in the original Wii version is stitched in, but this Nintendo 3DS version has some new features, like Ravel Abilities that power up Kirby in fun ways, new mini-games featuring familiar faces King Dedede and Meta Knight, new furniture to personalize and decorate Kirby’s Pad, and a new Devilish mode that adds an extra layer of challenge to each stage.

Some of the Ravel Abilities include a giant yarn ball used to attack enemies, a wire sword that can slice through anything and the Nylon ability, which can generate wind for jumping higher and collecting beads.

The creative, colorful and visually stunning game also features new amiibo functionality for compatible Kirby series amiibo figures that gives Kirby hats and abilities based on the figure used. For more information about the Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn game, visit nintendo.com/kirbys-extra-epic-yarn.
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Evil Avatar 01-09-2019 08:06 AM

PatrickRes9 01-09-2019 09:25 AM

I know it's all colorful and what not, and we're all manly men here, but I'm not going to lie, the art direction looks awesome on this. I bet from a gameplay perspective, this game is going to be dope.

Chimpbot 01-09-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2527771)
I know it's all colorful and what not, and we're all manly men here, but I'm not going to lie, the art direction looks awesome on this. I bet from a gameplay perspective, this game is going to be dope.

lel, what kind of faget would even liek this?

Chief Smash 01-09-2019 10:16 AM

The art looks great and going back, the original Yoshi's Island was one of my favorite SNES games. But lets get down to brass tacks here. Yoshi is the Jar Jar Binks of Nintendo. He's a terrible lizard who deserves nothing but a swift and painful death. And, no, I'm not just saying that because I spent over an hour trying to beat some stupid trial in the new Smash Bros where you have to fight 4 Yoshis at once.

brandonjclark 01-09-2019 11:16 AM

I like the recent Yoshi games, but they have limited replayability.

vallor 01-09-2019 11:51 AM

That was soooo adorable!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2527775)
lel, what kind of faget would even liek this?

Go away spectral!

Chimpbot 01-09-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2527784)
That was soooo adorable!

Go away spectral!

Hah!

I like the art style, but I doubt this is one I'd pick up for myself. It'd probably be something my wife would enjoy playing, though; she does like playing video games from time to time, if it's the right one.

Terran 01-09-2019 02:11 PM

When I hear that 'snap' at the start of these Switch vids I want to punch someone in the fucking face. :D

Also, this game looks like what my kids shit out after eating a bunch of cotton candy at the zoo.

steved 01-10-2019 09:29 AM

Another remake? I'd prefer they'd make a new Kirby game.

Chimpbot 01-10-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steved (Post 2527858)
Another remake? I'd prefer they'd make a new Kirby game.

I guess the statement, "Yoshi’s Crafted World, a new adventure and the first game starring Yoshi for Nintendo Switch" mean different things to different people.

PatrickRes9 01-10-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2527861)
I guess the statement, "Yoshi’s Crafted World, a new adventure and the first game starring Yoshi for Nintendo Switch" mean different things to different people.

lol, yah it's not a remake. It's a new game. And also they DID make a new Kirby game:P

shadow763 01-10-2019 11:13 AM

Art style is cool, but zero gameplay. Is the assumption this is a side scroller like the Yoshi games tend to be?

Chimpbot 01-10-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2527869)
And also they DID make a new Kirby game:P

It's been out for nearly a year, in fact.

SpectralThundr 01-10-2019 02:16 PM

My work here is done and I didn't have to say a thing. :D

steved 01-11-2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2527874)
It's been out for nearly a year, in fact.

I know, I own it. As I did Kirby's Epic Yarn on the Wii.

PatrickRes9 01-11-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow763 (Post 2527872)
Art style is cool, but zero gameplay. Is the assumption this is a side scroller like the Yoshi games tend to be?

Yup but the games generally have some fun mechanics, some puzzle elements, and some collecting elements with smooth and intriguing gameplay. They're more fun than they appear to be in the surface.