Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bungie splits from Activision....takes Destiny publishing rights with them (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258050)

Kreigmstr 01-10-2019 02:35 PM

Bungie splits from Activision....takes Destiny publishing rights with them

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47569

Quote:

We have enjoyed a successful eight-year run and would like to thank Activision for their partnership on Destiny. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce plans for Activision to transfer publishing rights for Destiny to Bungie. With our remarkable Destiny community, we are ready to publish on our own, while Activision will increase their focus on owned IP projects.

brandonjclark 01-10-2019 04:25 PM

Holy crap!

Is this as big as I think it is?

1) Will Destiny show up on Steam \ Epic?

2) Will Bungie be purchased by Microsoft?

3) Why would Activision do this and simply not canibalize the talent and shut it down?

4) Does Bungie have anything in the works under Activision that they now lose?

So many other questions....

SpectralThundr 01-10-2019 04:49 PM

Bye bye Activision, once you're done running Blizzard into the ground, Call of Duty won't save you.

ElektroDragon 01-10-2019 04:58 PM

Bungie will be purchased by Disney and set to work on awesome Marvel games to compete with Spider-Man's success on PS4. Mark my words!!!

ElektroDragon 01-10-2019 04:59 PM

Also ATVI stock is down 7% after hours due this news. Surprised it ain't 17%.

Chief Smash 01-10-2019 05:18 PM

I’ve been a Blizzard fan since Warcraft 2. And I don’t blame Activision for their woes, at least not 100%.

brandonjclark 01-10-2019 06:04 PM

The thing is, Bungie can still make a damp fine shooter. Say what you will about Destiny 2, the game play is fantastic for a shooter.

I'd be okay with a new Halo, too!

Exodus 01-10-2019 06:05 PM

Destiny 2 is shit anyway. Not a huge loss here.
Acitivions is hardly done all they have to do is pull some game out of their bag and make people happy again. While getting that china money.

karaliusbronius 01-10-2019 06:06 PM

Sounds good to me. Destiny is amazing for those who enjoy this style of game. For me it crushes any battlefield or call of duty right now. Not only does it have great multiplayer but it has great coop, single player and end game. But hey, to each their own. I can't wait for Destiny 3, 4 and 5! Please bring me Destiny VR!

Evil Avatar 01-10-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2527901)
The thing is, Bungie can still make a damp fine shooter. Say what you will about Destiny 2, the game play is fantastic for a shooter.

I love Destiny/Destiny 2, the problem is that the art isn't that great in Destiny 2. Why grind for Armor if it all looks like ass? And the releases for story content are too slow.

Great shooter though! I have played a massive number of hours.

Emabulator 01-10-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2527901)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2527907)
I love Destiny/Destiny 2, the problem is that the art isn't that great in Destiny 2. Why grind for Armor if it all looks like ass? And the releases for story content are too slow.

Great shooter though! I have played a massive number of hours.

You are men of wisdom.

Terran 01-10-2019 07:43 PM

How does this impact D/D2 going forward? Incoming Battle.net update to remove the game? Bungie now able to publish both elsewhere as well or in lieu of prior publishing? Bungie just taking future Destiny development with it and leaving the old?

So many questions. I guess I'll just...

oh who the fuck am I kidding. I hate this game. :D

EmoryM 01-10-2019 09:00 PM

I wish Destiny games were as fun as Earth Defense Force games.

Phoenix1985 01-10-2019 10:15 PM

Destiny and Destiny 2 look fine... but they're so damn boring to play. I wish the story wasn't so completely muddled, too.

The building blocks for a good game are hidden within them, somewhere, but they just don't turn out any good in the end.

Exodus 01-10-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmoryM (Post 2527917)

it's borderlands with the same goddamn one skill shtick. oh yay each class gets different grenades.

The game play is not engaging even if the ults CD's got lowered bfd and the balance around the ultimates is just plain lame as fuck.

actusoul 01-10-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2527893)
Bungie will be purchased by Disney and set to work on awesome Marvel games to compete with Spider-Man's success on PS4. Mark my words!!!

I hope so.

PatrickRes9 01-10-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmoryM (Post 2527917)

Totally agree. Especially cooperatively. Playing and lovin' me some EDF: 4.1 Shadows!

Screw these over hyped "AAA's"!

Hellstorm 01-11-2019 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2527890)
Holy crap!

3) Why would Activision do this and simply not canibalize the talent and shut it down?

Because the 10 year contract between them is coming to an end. Also large chunks of content were made by support studios. Support studios that Activision already owns.

Kreigmstr 01-11-2019 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2527914)
How does this impact D/D2 going forward? Incoming Battle.net update to remove the game? Bungie now able to publish both elsewhere as well or in lieu of prior publishing? Bungie just taking future Destiny development with it and leaving the old?

So many questions. I guess I'll just...

oh who the fuck am I kidding. I hate this game. :D

Blizzard responded to Activision tweets about it saying that there will be no interruption in services for Destiny 2.

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...71774015258629

PatrickRes9 01-11-2019 06:33 AM

You know what? I don't think I really care. I haven't cared about either company in a while. I think people are fooling themselves in thinking Destiny 2 is all Activisions fault. The game feels like a Bungie game. But the idea of a Halo of Destiny 2 for that matter, from a gameplay perspective, just seems too basic in 2018/2019. Sure the gunplay is really smooth, but the gameplay is repetitive and generic as all hell. I can only stomach the game in 1 hour intervals before I get bored from lack of mental stimulation.