Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254461)

Jetherik 07-06-2018 04:32 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Even though we had a short break in the middle of the week, it still was not the weekend. So here it is. And the Steam summer madness sale is over. Get any games from it? What are you playing this weekend?

BeardedSonOfNel 07-06-2018 08:09 AM

I'm jumping into some Fallout 4 this weekend on the XBone.
I'll also be starting a play through of The Bard's Tale 2 on the C-64.

brandonjclark 07-06-2018 08:39 AM

I'm going to be playing a LOT of games.

Just bought a new laptop and looking to test it out, old games and new!

Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display w/ 144Hz Refresh Rate, Intel 6-Core i7-8750H, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Overclockable Graphics, 16GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, PH315-51-78NP https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CTHLX8C..._cvUpBb7GSDNKC

DingBat 07-06-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2516370)
I'm going to be playing a LOT of games.

Just bought a new laptop and looking to test it out, old games and new!

Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display w/ 144Hz Refresh Rate, Intel 6-Core i7-8750H, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Overclockable Graphics, 16GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, PH315-51-78NP https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CTHLX8C..._cvUpBb7GSDNKC

That seems like a pretty decent price. AND "only" 5 pounds (sounds like a lot but pretty good for a laptop like this).

I'm a bit skeptical about the 7 hours battery life, except if you only plan to play Excel on that beast. Let us know how it works out.

Congrats on the new toy.

brandonjclark 07-06-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2516377)
That seems like a pretty decent price. AND "only" 5 pounds (sounds like a lot but pretty good for a laptop like this).

I'm a bit skeptical about the 7 hours battery life, except if you only plan to play Excel on that beast. Let us know how it works out.

Congrats on the new toy.

Yeah, doubt it will be longer than a few hours while gaming. But that suits me fine.

Just ordered a Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2 NvME stick to throw in it. It's going to be REALLY fast!

alienchild 07-06-2018 02:12 PM

Finished HL2 Episode 2 (again) and although it is the best of the HL2 games the series overall haven't aged well. Currently finishing up Faery Solitaire Remastered and Dishonored and have started on Monkey Island 3.

LostToys 07-06-2018 02:52 PM

My receiver died on me a week ago and I have not bothered trying to figure out what I want to replace it with. So I am going to forgo playing anything console related (Detroit: Be Human (PS4), finally starting Xenoblade Chronicles 2(Switch)) and will likely just continue to dick around on my PC playing Nioh (never finished it on the PS4) and BattleTech.

brandonjclark 07-06-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2516401)
My receiver died on me a week ago and I have not bothered trying to figure out what I want to replace it with. So I am going to forgo playing anything console related (Detroit: Be Human (PS4), finally starting Xenoblade Chronicles 2(Switch)) and will likely just continue to dick around on my PC playing Nioh (never finished it on the PS4) and BattleTech.

NIOH was a FANTASTIC port, except for all of the crahes.

LostToys 07-06-2018 04:17 PM

It is funny, because I am not having any issues with NIOH, but I am annoyed that it uses the Xbox controller icons and can't be switched to the PS4 buttons (at least that I can tell). So there are moments when I push the wrong button because I forgot the the button arrangement on the Xbox controller.

Wizzkidd 07-06-2018 06:24 PM

Since I upgraded my PC a couple months ago, I haven't been playing much console. Still need to get back to some games on them.

But for this weekend, I'm leaning towards more The Crew 2, more Ghost Recon Wildlands, and more Far Cry 5 all on PC.

I've finished all the missions in Mad Max, and I wish there were more to do. I really liked that game. So I am looking forward to Rage 2, since it's made by the same team, and coming straight out of Mad Max, you can see the similarities between the two games.

Mad Max RW 07-06-2018 06:44 PM

Instead of games I bought a new house.

wunshot 07-06-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzkidd (Post 2516415)
I've finished all the missions in Mad Max, and I wish there were more to do. I really liked that game. So I am looking forward to Rage 2, since it's made by the same team, and coming straight out of Mad Max, you can see the similarities between the two games.

Mad Max was a surprisingly fun game. One of the few open world games where I felt compelled to try to get everything done.

zeonxavier 07-06-2018 07:29 PM

Same here. I hate moving housefuls of stuff from one town to the next. Ugh.

blackzc 07-06-2018 08:28 PM

PUBG Mobile.

I loath phones and the games even more. But this is all ive even wanted to play lately, its all i have played for the past few weeks.

Dont tell Terran, ill never hear the end of it.

MadMurdock_0311 07-06-2018 11:05 PM

Getting some time in WoW after a brief hiatus. Maybe some Switch time; South Park and Mario Tennis.

But, mostly, I'm modding an old G4 case to house a new gaming PC I am planning to build soon.

brandonjclark 07-06-2018 11:40 PM

AlfredT 07-07-2018 07:49 AM

Everyone and their grandmother got GTA 5 on the steam summer sale.. so this weekend I'll be herding noobs through doomsday missions.

AlfredT 07-07-2018 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2516417)

Jeez.. what a loser move! Planning for the future.. pfft.. :)

Seriously though, grats :)

brandonjclark 07-07-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2516417)

Welcome to home ownership. It's a money pit, even more than games.

Mad Max RW 07-07-2018 10:16 AM

It's the second house under my name with a near lifetime experience in property management. So it's not like I'm going in blind. I'll be relocating from the disgusting city of New Haven to beautiful rural Durham. After 17 years of being surrounding by urban decay and noise I will be surrounded by nothing and silence. My new neighbor is a white horse in a big field. That's it. Empty fields, farms, and forests. I'll be able to see the Milky Way from the backyard. The only traffic on my road in the whole day is a couple trucks hauling hay bales. Quite a change from the constant screaming locals, police/fire sirens, garbage everywhere, and never feeling quite safe especially at night.

I'm in a unique and extremely lucky position time-wise. I got a new job last month that doubled my pay with an additional yearly 20% raise in contract. My previous job just awarded a 6-figure severance. The mortgage on the new house is small potatoes because I put a very large down payment with enough left in the bank acting as a buffer for years. Together with my accountant we determined that hypothetically if my salary never changes, then taking the new expenses and doubling them out of curiosity, and my fiance didn't contribute at all and some other things I'm forgetting right now, there's enough to keep our heads above water for just under a decade. I have no children, no debt, and no previous loans. College was paid for a looong time ago. I bought my car with cash.

Right now the only thing stressing me out is moving this god forsaken king size mattress out of my current house and into the new one.