Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Disney+ Launches with Failed Connections & Disabled Shows (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263823)

Evil Avatar 11-12-2019 08:18 AM

Disney+ Launches with Failed Connections & Disabled Shows

Quote:

Disney Plus opened its doors Tuesday — but some fans immediately encountered problems trying to access the streaming service.

Multiple users on social media said they had trouble signing in to Disney Plus when it first went live, while others said they had problems accessing specific content or using features (like setting up a watch list).

Irate users vented online, sharing screenshots of errors messages that said “Unable to connect to Disney+.” One of the error messages, appropriately enough, showed characters from Disney’s “Wreck-It Ralph” and “Ralph Breaks the Internet” movies.

One user complained they were unable to access the first episode of “The Mandalorian,” the live-action Star Wars series from Jon Favreau, which went live Tuesday. “Anyone else having problems watching The Mandalorian? Currently is the only thing I can’t watch,” the user tweeted. Another complained they weren’t able to watch the live-action “Lady and the Tramp” movie.

And others said they had very long wait times of an hour or more when they tried to call Disney Plus customer service after being frustrated at not being able to log in.

“It’s been over an hour and I’m still on hold,” user Alex Ball said on Twitter. “I try to sign in and it says call customer service. Waiting over an hour is ridiculous. You should have anticipated these problems and had enough customer support staff to not have to wait OVER AN HOUR!”

Technical problem reports about Disney Plus spiked after 6 a.m. ET, according to Ookla’s Downdetector.com. About two-thirds of the problems were related to video streaming, and about one-third were related to login issues.
Variety.

Evil Avatar 11-12-2019 09:12 AM

The opening episode of The Mandalorian is pretty much the pinnacle of what you can find on TV right now, but not having the entire season available to binge on launch day is a huge downer.

RAV 11-12-2019 10:35 AM

I was looking through some old childhood cartoons, and I have to say Gargoyles has aged so well, it is still a fantastic show.
Might even like it now more than ever. It should be on Disney's service, I think, so give it a shot, it's really good.

TheHulk 11-12-2019 11:48 AM

I didn’t have any problems. I enjoyed the Mandalorian but like Evil said having only the one show up is disappointing. I’ll probably cancel after my free week and rejoin to binge once all the episodes are out.

BeardedSonOfNel 11-12-2019 02:55 PM

I don't know if this service offers enough for me to justify a sub. I'm over Star Wars, and super hero movies as well.

Terran 11-12-2019 04:08 PM

No technical issues here, but I wasn't hitting F5 like a crack-addled junkie at launch like a lot of folks, either.

Got a three year sub with their pre-launch deal (really excellent price!) and we're all primed to use it in my household.

Inkabodcrane 11-13-2019 05:13 AM

I looked at my friends app to see what they have. I've already seen all the Marvel films...and everything else that I saw that I'm interested in aside from the Mandalorian.

I don't plan on signing up, for now.

Booda 11-13-2019 06:06 AM

Breathable Oxygen Confirmed As Disney+ Exclusive

vallor 11-13-2019 01:17 PM

As a reminder, if you have Verizon Unlimited Data package (or something about Fios) you are eligible for 12 free months of Disney+.

Just go to your Verizon account and look through the first set of drop-downs for "Add-ons or Apps" it will tell you if you qualify. Also, they have a 6mo subscription to Apple Music available as well which you can unlock in the same place.

Evil Avatar 11-13-2019 04:44 PM

Really disappointed to see that this isn't coming to the PlayStation 3. I still use a PS3 for most of my streaming video and stuff like Netflix and Hulu. HBO dropped support for the PS3 a few months ago and that is when I dropped HBO.

They must realize there are still a metric ton of PS3's and 360's out there, right?

Mozain 11-13-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2548008)
Really disappointed to see that this isn't coming to the PlayStation 3. I still use a PS3 for most of my streaming video and stuff like Netflix and Hulu. HBO dropped support for the PS3 a few months ago and that is when I dropped HBO.

They must realize there are still a metric ton of PS3's and 360's out there, right?

Exactly. I don't actually have a device to run it on now except the computer, which isn't ideal.

ElektroDragon 11-13-2019 06:50 PM

I signed up a full year and everything works perfectly. Get better Internet, dweebs! Mainly got it for the insane Disney animated/CGI movie back catalog for my kids. And every Simpsons ever, that's like a $10,000 savings over DVDs.

Booda 11-14-2019 12:44 PM

Disney+ Warns Subscribers Some Old Content May Feature White, Cisgendered, Heterosexual Males

Terran 11-14-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2548008)

Dinosaur. :D