Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – “Become a Jedi” Live Action Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263899)

Evil Avatar 11-15-2019 07:53 AM

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – “Become a Jedi” Live Action Trailer

Quote:

Much like an energy field that binds the galaxy together, the fantasy of taking up the lightsaber and reaching out with the Force is a fantasy many - young and old - find timeless. With the release of STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order, that fantasy is within your grasp. It’s time to ignite your lightsaber, use the Force, and Become a Jedi.

Chief Smash 11-15-2019 07:56 AM

I'm still cautiously hopeful for the game itself but that commercial was just conceptually dumb.

wunshot 11-15-2019 07:57 AM

All I can say is this. Just played the first 30 minutes before work, and it was infinitely more fun than death stranding. The settings are rich with detail, and the lightsabers seem fun so far. I need a controller for my PC though.

brandonjclark 11-15-2019 07:59 AM

I can shit on the new stuff as much as I want but holy crap does this IP still have a hold on me. I nearly shed a tear.

There's just something so fantastically dreamy about it.

That was as AWESOME trailer.

I wish my kids felt like this about Star Wars the way I do.

brandonjclark 11-15-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2548105)
All I can say is this. Just played the first 30 minutes before work, and it was infinitely more fun than death stranding. The settings are rich with detail, and the lightsabers seem fun so far. I need a controller for my PC though.

Dude, it's $40.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless...3830026&sr=8-3

Booda 11-15-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

...and it was infinitely more fun than death stranding.

Oh really? :rolleyes:

You can't even compare the two games together other than the fact that both can be played on the PS4.

wunshot 11-15-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2548108)

I know. Amazon is dropping one off for me along with a bluetooth adapter by the time I get off work. :)

wunshot 11-15-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2548109)
Oh really? :rolleyes:

You can't even compare the two games together other than the fact that both can be played on the PS4.

I can tell you one immediately captured my attention, while the other frustrated and disappointed me for 2-3 hours straight.

brandonjclark 11-15-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2548112)
I know. Amazon is dropping one off for me along with a bluetooth adapter by the time I get off work. :)

Heads up that some of the cheaper BT adapters require that you load the default Microsoft driver and not the driver that comes with the adapter.

Found out the hard way.

wunshot 11-15-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2548114)
Heads up that some of the cheaper BT adapters require that you load the default Microsoft driver and not the driver that comes with the adapter.

Found out the hard way.

Thanks for that. Surprisingly I've never paired a controller to my PC before.

wunshot 11-15-2019 10:10 AM

My only complaint is the didn't get one of the model designers from Code Vein to help. It would have been nice to see some tig ol bitty force users instead of this androgynous black person.

https://i.imgur.com/Se2p3ov.jpg

Metal Jesus 11-15-2019 11:23 AM

The game is getting good reviews...but not sure I want a Dead Souls style combat game. That just sounds frustrating... Might skip this one sadly.

MavenACTG 11-15-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2548113)
I can tell you one immediately captured my attention, while the other frustrated and disappointed me for 2-3 hours straight.

Then it wasn't for you. With as many times as you vented your frustration about how bad the game was, based on an original property with unfamiliar gameplay mechanics, go figure a STAR WARS JEDI game gets you hooked right away?

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. What with Dark Forces II, Jedi Academy, Force Unleashed I & II, all the other Star Wars ancillary products that provide a structure for telling Jedi stories -- it's almost like the game developers were doing a modern take on a thoroughly proven formula.

Quote:

The game is getting good reviews.
I will wait for the user reviews, if I get the game at all. Earlier opinions seemed to be that the combat looked bad in play tests, and that the trailers made it look far more interesting than it was. The whole Jedi mythology gets tired and repetitive the more times you experience it (see list above, Kyle Kataran for your grounded Jedi journey, Starkiller for your comic book excess one), even if the beats still emotionally resonate.

wunshot 11-15-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2548130)
Then it wasn't for you. With as many times as you vented your frustration about how bad the game was, based on an original property with unfamiliar gameplay mechanics, go figure a STAR WARS JEDI game gets you hooked right away?

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. What with Dark Forces II, Jedi Academy, Force Unleashed I & II, all the other Star Wars ancillary products that provide a structure for telling Jedi stories -- it's almost like the game developers were doing a modern take on a thoroughly proven formula.

I will wait for the user reviews, if I get the game at all. Earlier opinions seemed to be that the combat looked bad in play tests, and that the trailers made it look far more interesting than it was. The whole Jedi mythology gets tired and repetitive the more times you experience it (see list above, Kyle Kataran for your grounded Jedi journey, Starkiller for your comic book excess one), even if the beats still emotionally resonate.

Bro...no need to get nasty just because I think a game should have more innovative mechanics than "Hit L2 + R2 to stop from falling down". You're right...It wasn't for me. As Evil Avatar said, if I wanted to work, I'd go to work.

And yeah. I like star wars (despite the past movie letdowns). It is still an IP with tons of potential. The art in this game is very detailed, the story line is decent so far, and I'm stoked they incorporated some Dark Souls style gameplay into this one. Metal Jesus, don't worry...the game isn't nearly as punishing as Dark Souls. They just have included some mechanics like meditating at certain spots to respawn enemies/upgrade your skills, and dropping skill points on death. I'm playing it on "Jedi Master" difficulty (3 out 4) and it's still nothing like the difficulty of a DS game.

ElektroDragon 11-15-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

No, you need a console for your controller. :D

The game is pretty epic, doesn't feel like a recent EA game, which is a GOOD thing.

TheHulk 11-15-2019 03:17 PM

I think I’ll pick up the One X bundle once the Black Friday prices hit.

SpectralThundr 11-15-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2548130)

Stick to your glorified Fed Ex delivery simulator. It's so enlightening! Those dude bro shooters aren't sophisticated enough for such a intellectual like yourself /sarcasm Because you likely need a sarcasm tag to get it. :rolleyes:

Sensei-X 11-15-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2548120)
My only complaint is the didn't get one of the model designers from Code Vein to help. It would have been nice to see some tig ol bitty force users instead of this androgynous black person.

https://i.imgur.com/Se2p3ov.jpg

Well that's Debra Wilson, and that's really how she looks like in real life :p

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0933281/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

She's also Lieutenant General Lyons in COD: Modern Warfare

https://callofduty.fandom.com/wiki/Lyons

wunshot 11-15-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2548145)
No, you need a console for your controller. :D

The game is pretty epic, doesn't feel like a recent EA game, which is a GOOD thing.

Lol...Honestly I wish I had bought it for PS4. Played about 5 hours today (skipped most of work) and could definitely have played more if I wasn't sitting at my desk.

ElektroDragon 11-15-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2548164)
Lol...Honestly I wish I had bought it for PS4. Played about 5 hours today (skipped most of work) and could definitely have played more if I wasn't sitting at my desk.

The PC master race here (that I was once part of) will say attach the PC to your TV, but I will say: Damn straight! :p

I will concede that if all you have is a plain PS4 or god forbid original Xbox One, play it on PC. Or better yet, get an X1X. :p