Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Mandalorian Official Trailer Disney+ Streaming Nov. 12 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262353)

Evil Avatar 08-23-2019 06:01 PM

The Mandalorian Official Trailer Disney+ Streaming Nov. 12
 

Quote:

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. “The Mandalorian” is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

vallor 08-23-2019 06:05 PM

Screw you Disney. You still aren't getting my money no matter how interesting this trailer looks.

I don't trust you any more.

Evil Avatar 08-23-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2543004)
Screw you Disney. You still aren't getting my money no matter how interesting this trailer looks.

I don't trust you any more.

Pretty much the opposite. The amount of new content they are bringing to their service is just astounding. Moon Knight, Loki, Star Wars, Muppets... it's just massive.

I think their only danger is that they load up the service with content the first month, then it dies off to nothing. But, it will still be worth $15 for a few months for sure.

vallor 08-23-2019 07:10 PM

"In Development" doesn't mean it's coming any time soon.

Their roadmap back at SDCC showed nothing of Moonknight or She Hulk in the near future so I wouldn't count on them in them any time soon.

And seeing the way Marvel has been going I can't wait to see how many episode minutes are spend showing how guilt ridden Mr. Rich Whitey Marc Spector is for culturally appropriating an Egyptian God and how She Hulk brings the "power" to Grrrl power!

wunshot 08-23-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2543008)
Pretty much the opposite. The amount of new content they are bringing to their service is just astounding. Moon Knight, Loki, Star Wars, Muppets... it's just massive.

I think their only danger is that they load up the service with content the first month, then it dies off to nothing. But, it will still be worth $15 for a few months for sure.

Actually their biggest danger are the people like myself who refuse to pay $15 per month for Disney, CBS All Access, DC, HBO, Sho, etc etc etc and just torrent everything for free.

Greedy bastards could wet their beaks but they'd rather gouge people. I would have no problem paying $5 for a single channel, but that shit adds up too quick at $15 bucks a pop.

brandonjclark 08-23-2019 09:09 PM

Way to NOT say much of anything and make it look mysterious. Lots of action, for sure.

But wtf is this about again?

EDIT

OH

"After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. “The Mandalorian” is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic."

MadMurdock_0311 08-24-2019 01:22 AM

Well, looks like I'm subscribing to Disney+.

Kreigmstr 08-24-2019 05:15 AM

So, this is taking place after Boba Fett is dropped into the mouth of the Sarlacc?

Also Disney+ is going to be family friendly programming only.

Terran 08-24-2019 07:31 AM

Netflix is on life support. Deep in debt, borrowing/spending tens of billions to create content that can't be removed from their service (as most of their best licensed content is...Friends going...the Office going...Disney content going...and the list goes on). Subscriber numbers going down, folks quitting (I will be one of them in November); it's getting ugly at Netflix corporate.

They're not disappearing, but they'll be like MySpace going forward. Irrelevant in five years time, tops.

Nail in the coffin? Not only will Disney+ be CHEAPER each month, it will offer at a cheaper price Hulu AND ESPN+ bundled with it. The pièce de résistance? Four concurrent streams in their plan. I thought they'd go with only one, which would have killed my interest with a household of kids, but four? WIN.

I personally think Disney is disgusting, but w/kids you're pretty much trapped, lol. Their content is unique and compelling. We'll be subscribing and dropping Netflix.

Bye Felicia.

Skunk 08-24-2019 09:36 AM

I'd pretty much pay $15 (for at least one month) to see fight scenes with IG-88. That's got me the most excited.

I've thought that druid was dope ever since I read "Tale of the Bounty Hunters" as a kid.

Chief Smash 08-24-2019 04:16 PM

Looks cool but I don’t trust Disney to not infuse identity politics into the show on a regular basis.

magicka 08-24-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2543011)
Actually their biggest danger are the people like myself who refuse to pay $15 per month for Disney, CBS All Access, DC, HBO, Sho, etc etc etc and just torrent everything for free.

Greedy bastards could wet their beaks but they'd rather gouge people. I would have no problem paying $5 for a single channel, but that shit adds up too quick at $15 bucks a pop.

Isn't Disney+ $7 a month?

How much do you charge for the work you do? Regardless, I think it's too high and you should give it away for free.

Terran 08-25-2019 04:48 AM

$6.99/mo for Disney+ alone.

$12.99/mo for a bundle that will include Disney+, ESPN+ and ad-supported Hulu.

Netflix is going to continue to hemorrhage subscribers and content, as well as stock value.

MadMurdock_0311 08-25-2019 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreigmstr (Post 2543021)
So, this is taking place after Boba Fett is dropped into the mouth of the Sarlacc?

Also Disney+ is going to be family friendly programming only.

It takes place between the original trilogy and the new movies.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...KVDfBaPbVdR-9Q

Sorry for size, don't know how to shrink the image.

ministryofwrath 08-25-2019 06:57 AM

Will I finally get force sensitive yatija now that Disney owns all the IPS?

Evil Avatar 08-25-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreigmstr (Post 2543021)
So, this is taking place after Boba Fett is dropped into the mouth of the Sarlacc?

Also Disney+ is going to be family friendly programming only.

Good note, I do have to wonder if they will try to tie this into Boba Fett at some point or if they will keep it being it’s own thing forever. I would love a Fett cameo at some point to establish that he survived the Sarlacc.

paragondk1 08-25-2019 08:51 AM

Will the protagonist Mandalorian be a fluidly-sexual, indeterminable politically and sociologically all-encompassing, species-shifting hero? The hero we CRAVE?

Trailer looks really cool actually, but I wonder what's underneath the helmet. :-D

KlausFlouride 08-25-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragondk1 (Post 2543054)
Will the protagonist Mandalorian be a fluidly-sexual, indeterminable politically and sociologically all-encompassing, species-shifting hero? The hero we CRAVE?

Trailer looks really cool actually, but I wonder what's underneath the helmet. :-D

This. Lando's co-pilot in Solo was a mess, they could have literally not included that robot and the movie would have been better.

HillTribe 08-25-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunk (Post 2543026)
I'd pretty much pay $15 (for at least one month) to see fight scenes with IG-88. That's got me the most excited.

I read last night that its actually IG-11, not IG-88. Same model, different droid. Cinematically it wont make much difference, but it kinda bummed me out that its not the OG IG-88.

vallor 08-25-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillTribe (Post 2543066)
I read last night that its actually IG-11, not IG-88. Same model, different droid. Cinematically it wont make much difference, but it kinda bummed me out that its not the OG IG-88.

Most of the Assassin Droids in Star Wars use the same look. I don't know if there is anything specific about IG-88 that would notable enough to call attention to it over any other.

I don't know if, in the lore, IG-88 denotes itself in any particular way with iconography or something.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:27 AM.