Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261436)

Jetherik 07-04-2019 08:42 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?
 


4 DAY WEEKEND! 'Nuff said. What are you playing this weekend?

Mad Max RW 07-04-2019 08:59 AM

Jumping back into Witcher 3 and was hit by a black screen and CTD every 5-15 minutes. After switching to my SSD, reinstalling drivers, changing user access and antivirus settings, two hours later I diagnosed the problem to Witcher 3’s implementation of Nvidia Hairworks conflicting with the latest Nvidia drivers. Turned that setting off and all is well.

MechaDangerous 07-04-2019 09:33 AM

Flying around in Star Citizen a bit enjoying the sights. Might try the new FFXIV expansion that just came out. Also Going to do the SNES Mini Challenge and try to beat all the games on it (not something I expect to do anytime soon). Will also throw some Wing Commander 3 in there because I'm a nut for Chris Roberts games.

Metal Jesus 07-04-2019 11:39 AM

My wife and I jumped back into Skyrim on the Switch. It includes the 3 expansion packs we didn't play the first time and just like that....

....we're sucked back into the game world. One of the best RPGs ever.

PatrickRes9 07-04-2019 12:27 PM

Bloodstained
Forza Horizon 4 (almost done 100%ing the expansions)
Helldivers
Raft
Mario Maker 2

MechaDangerous 07-04-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2540569)
Bloodstained
Forza Horizon 4 (almost done 100%ing the expansions)
Helldivers
Raft
Mario Maker 2

Oh man I totally forgot about Raft. I never gave that enough playtime. Installing that now.

brandonjclark 07-04-2019 02:03 PM

Up to just about 80% map completion in Bloodstained.

I pray for expansions!

PatrickRes9 07-04-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MechaDangerous (Post 2540574)
Oh man I totally forgot about Raft. I never gave that enough playtime. Installing that now.

If you get over that starting hump, it's a good one! Enjoy! Happy 4th!

PatrickRes9 07-04-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2540575)
Up to just about 80% map completion in Bloodstained.

I pray for expansions!

I beat it and am almost done hard mode with new game plus. Once i beat it on hard, ill new game plus to nightmare and 100% the game by attaining at least 1 of every item, completing the compendium, getting my familiars and myself to max level, one of every shard, etc, and 100% map.

I got to 99.20% map on my first play through.

Love this game.

Inkabodcrane 07-04-2019 03:44 PM

Ha, 4 day weekend. Not when you work at an airport, they never close! I am at work now (getting double time at least), but I'll be playing

PUBG
Days Gone
Crash Team Racing
and I picked up Mothergunship on the steam sale, seems cool.

brandonjclark 07-04-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2540578)
I beat it and am almost done hard mode with new game plus. Once i beat it on hard, ill new game plus to nightmare and 100% the game by attaining at least 1 of every item, completing the compendium, getting my familiars and myself to max level, one of every shard, etc, and 100% map.

I got to 99.20% map on my first play through.

Love this game.


Damn that's pretty hardcore.

Would you agree with me that this might be not just a good Castlevania clone, but possibly the best Castlevania ever?

PatrickRes9 07-04-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2540581)
Damn that's pretty hardcore.

Would you agree with me that this might be not just a good Castlevania clone, but possibly the best Castlevania ever?

Would definitely NOT disagree. It doesn't break a ton of new ground, but it does castlevania flawlessly. If I had to nitpick, I'd wish for better bosses and a bit more enemy variety, but all in all, objectively I think I like it even more than SotN. It's a fantastic game. Scratches the itch perfectly.

BeardedSonOfNel 07-04-2019 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Jesus (Post 2540567)
My wife and I jumped back into Skyrim on the Switch. It includes the 3 expansion packs we didn't play the first time and just like that....

....we're sucked back into the game world. One of the best RPGs ever.

I picked it up on the switch as well. One of my all time favorite games.

wunshot 07-04-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2540581)
Damn that's pretty hardcore.

Would you agree with me that this might be not just a good Castlevania clone, but possibly the best Castlevania ever?


This game immediately went off my radar as I thought it was just another JRPG. Thanks to you two, I'm going to go buy it on PS4 as soon as I hit post. It better not suck!

Chimpbot 07-05-2019 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2540588)
This game immediately went off my radar as I thought it was just another JRPG. Thanks to you two, I'm going to go buy it on PS4 as soon as I hit post. It better not suck!

Oh it definitely doesn't suck. If you like the Iga-vania Castlevanias, you'll love this one.

wunshot 07-05-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2540592)
Oh it definitely doesn't suck. If you like the Iga-vania Castlevanias, you'll love this one.

Looking forward to playing it. I've been at the car wash all day. Had some dry dog food fall under my trunk partition, and then last weekend a cooler leaked water under there. It baked for a about four days in the Texas sun and started smelling like I was hiding a dead hooker in my car.

$170 and four hours later and I'm good to go.

Chimpbot 07-05-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2540607)
Looking forward to playing it. I've been at the car wash all day. Had some dry dog food fall under my trunk partition, and then last weekend a cooler leaked water under there. It baked for a about four days in the Texas sun and started smelling like I was hiding a dead hooker in my car.

$170 and four hours later and I'm good to go.

Well, that just sounds downright awful. Talk about fears I never knew I had.

I will give you one warning about Bloodstained, though. If it does have a negative, it's the fact that if you've played Igarashi's Castlevania games...you've kinda already played Bloodstained. Don't get me wrong; it's a great, wonderful game and mostly everything about it is a blast...but it doesn't really break any new ground, and it certainly doesn't try to reinvent the wheel. For me and most of the people enjoying the hell out of the game, this isn't a problem at all. I can, however, see how some fans of the series could be turned off by that, especially if they were expecting something a little different or new. It's Symphony of the Night 2 in many ways, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If you're looking for a reinvention of the Metroidvania genre, you'll want to look elsewhere. If you want to play an excellent Castlevania game sans Belmonts and Dracula, you'll probably have a good time.

ascl 07-05-2019 02:22 PM

No 4 day weekend here, and I am moving house so playing the "packing" game :-|

Enjoy the long weekend!

Meeks 07-05-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ascl (Post 2540613)
No 4 day weekend here, and I am moving house so playing the "packing" game :-|

Enjoy the long weekend!

I'll be playing this game very soon myself. With the difficulty cranked up to the max. In the meantime, I need a new game. Bored with literally everything.

Evil Avatar 07-06-2019 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meeks (Post 2540622)
I'll be playing this game very soon myself. With the difficulty cranked up to the max. In the meantime, I need a new game. Bored with literally everything.

Sea of Solitude came out yesterday. :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 PM.