Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New 'Terminator: Dark Fate' Trailer Packed Full of Action and Blood (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262498)

Evil Avatar 08-30-2019 05:55 PM

New 'Terminator: Dark Fate' Trailer Packed Full of Action and Blood

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...04ae11ed_z.jpg

Welcome to the day after #JudgmentDay. Watch the official trailer for #TerminatorDarkFate, in theatres 11.1.19.

Evil Avatar 08-30-2019 05:55 PM

Evil Avatar 08-30-2019 06:33 PM

They said James Cameron is involved in the story for this one, but honestly it looks pretty much the same as the last few films. I'm not seeing anything new or inventive here. I think we have seen all this stuff before, even the big airplane crash/shooting scenes are stuff from other big action films.

Inkabodcrane 08-30-2019 07:07 PM

I'm not liking the "I'll be back" moment.

I just don't trust this series anymore, so it's hard to look forward to this. I'll probably see it in theater if I've got nothing going on, but that's about all I can say for it.

Sensei-X 08-30-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2543398)
They said James Cameron is involved in the story for this one, but honestly it looks pretty much the same as the last few films. I'm not seeing anything new or inventive here. I think we have seen all this stuff before, even the big airplane crash/shooting scenes are stuff from other big action films.

I'm just hoping that it seems that way because they've learned and the trailer left a lot of key story points out, unlike the Genisys trailer which spoiled practically every single big event including the big John Connor reveal.

Chief Smash 08-30-2019 10:02 PM

Even if James Cameron was involved, I wouldn't trust it. He makes big spectacle movies but writing has never been his strongest suit.

ministryofwrath 08-31-2019 12:23 AM

Mexicans saving the world in America.

Grandmothers with heavy weaponry.

And gender neutral terminator hybrids.

Even with story elements this is a seven seas title.

However I'd gladly pay for it not to exist, maybe we can start a original website, Plea fund, where fans of everything all over the world fund companies not to ruin their favorite IPs by giving them more than the flop of a project could ever get them.

Mad Max RW 08-31-2019 03:48 AM

Allegedly James Cameron was never on set even once.

Inkabodcrane 08-31-2019 04:09 AM

I've been saying this forever, but James Cameron is not a great film maker. He's no Christopher Nolan.

Aliens: not as good as Alien, also not his creation or idea.

Terminator 2: not as good as T1, whiny child makes repeat viewings tough.

Titanic, Avatar: were big for their time, not enjoyable to rewatch.

His best films are True Lies, The Abyss and Terminator 1. I'll never understand the infatuation with him. He's no Ridley Scott, Scorsese, Nolan, Tarantino, Fincher, etc. He has some hits, he has some films that he got lucky hit at the right time. But his filmography is not amazing.

walstib 08-31-2019 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2543414)
I've been saying this forever, but James Cameron is not a great film maker. He's no Christopher Nolan.

Aliens: not as good as Alien, also not his creation or idea.

Terminator 2: not as good as T1, whiny child makes repeat viewings tough.

Titanic, Avatar: were big for their time, not enjoyable to rewatch.

His best films are True Lies, The Abyss and Terminator 1. I'll never understand the infatuation with him. He's no Ridley Scott, Scorsese, Nolan, Tarantino, Fincher, etc. He has some hits, he has some films that he got lucky hit at the right time. But his filmography is not amazing.

i find myself in complete agreement with you here.

speaking of True Lies and The Abyss, where the hell is my blu ray or even UHD version? been waiting years to give my money for those titles.

Evil Avatar 08-31-2019 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walstib (Post 2543419)

speaking of True Lies and The Abyss, where the hell is my blu ray or even UHD version? been waiting years to give my money for those titles.

He claims he “doesn’t have time” to do the remaster for those two films. I’m not sure why they even need a “remaster”. Just dump the existing 35mm film to 4K and call it a day IMHO. I don’t mind a little film grain or cigarette burns in my movies. It makes them more authentic.

Mad Max RW 08-31-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2543414)
Ridley Scott, Scorsese, Nolan, Tarantino, Fincher

They are kinda all over the place. Aside from Nolan they put out their best stuff 20+ years ago.

saulob 08-31-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2543398)

The Mummy? :(

davidj.dk 08-31-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2543413)
Allegedly James Cameron was never on set even once.

My guess is that he's got a writing credit because of the "i'll be back" line..

MadMurdock_0311 08-31-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidj.dk (Post 2543429)
My guess is that he's got a writing credit because of the "i'll be back" line..

But, it said "Story by James Cameron". But, also, you're probably right.

92miata 09-01-2019 10:59 PM

Damn I thought that looked AMAZING.

Juan 09-02-2019 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walstib (Post 2543419)

Strongly disagree with both of you, he has made some stellar movies.

Aliens is widely regarded as one of, if not THE best movie ever made.

A director who has made several movies (T1, T2, Aliens) which are in the conversation of peoples favourite ever movies plus he made two of the three highest grossing movies of all time in Titanic and Avatar.

The man knows what he's doing and is certainly one of the best film makers ever.

Juan 09-02-2019 04:30 AM

Oh and this movie looks like dog shit :)

Chief Smash 09-02-2019 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 2543474)
Strongly disagree with both of you, he has made some stellar movies.

Aliens is widely regarded as one of, if not THE best movie ever made.

A director who has made several movies (T1, T2, Aliens) which are in the conversation of peoples favourite ever movies plus he made two of the three highest grossing movies of all time in Titanic and Avatar.

The man knows what he's doing and is certainly one of the best film makers ever.

Aliens is a great action movie and T1 is fantastic. But T2 was a fun movie that was undone by a terrible supporting cast. The mom was stupid and the kid was annoying and the emotional terminator at the end made me cringe. It would have been a better movie if the entire thing was Arnold and Robert Patrick just beating on each other the whole time.

Cameron makes big popcorn movies. He likes to believe that he has something to say but his messages are always thinly veiled schlock aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chimpbot 09-02-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2543421)
They are kinda all over the place. Aside from Nolan they put out their best stuff 20+ years ago.

This may or may not have to do with the fact that Nolan's first film came out in 1998.