Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Outriders Frontiers of Enoch Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265639)

Evil Avatar 03-02-2020 06:42 PM

Outriders Frontiers of Enoch Trailer

Click on the Headline for the Video.

Evil Avatar 03-02-2020 06:42 PM

karaliusbronius 03-03-2020 02:23 PM

I wanna see/play a demo, kind of like Destiny had an alpha.

vallor 03-03-2020 02:33 PM

Generic.

I had a hard time seeing excitement or potential original action happening in many of these environments.

Chief Smash 03-03-2020 05:44 PM

It certainly doesn't look bad. But as vallor said, it looks generic. It might be a great game but it won't be because of these environmental visuals.

SpectralThundr 03-04-2020 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2554629)
It certainly doesn't look bad. But as vallor said, it looks generic. It might be a great game but it won't be because of these environmental visuals.

So if something doesn't use an overly stylized art motif that makes it bad. Good to know. :rolleyes:

Evil Avatar 03-04-2020 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2554648)
So if something doesn't use an overly stylized art motif that makes it bad. Good to know. :rolleyes:

No, you don't see us saying that the art in Call of Duty is generic. (It is, but we just don't say it. :p)

Chief Smash 03-04-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2554648)

Man you're whiner if people don't gush over gray and brown environments that look like they can come from any number of popular or forgotten games of the past. My point is exactly what I said. These environments don't stand out at all. The game might be great but we have no idea based on the paint by numbers visuals they showed. And they released this video in order to wow us but it's got the wow factor of a cheese sandwich on Wonder Bread. And I'll admit, sometimes a cheese sandwich is good enough to satisfy your hunger, but nobody craves them.

Major Dan 03-04-2020 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2554659)
Man you're whiner if people don't gush over gray and brown environments that look like they can come from any number of popular or forgotten games of the past. My point is exactly what I said. These environments don't stand out at all. The game might be great but we have no idea based on the paint by numbers visuals they showed. And they released this video in order to wow us but it's got the wow factor of a cheese sandwich on Wonder Bread. And I'll admit, sometimes a cheese sandwich is good enough to satisfy your hunger, but nobody craves them.

Ahh, but grilled cheese sandwiches are crave-able. Perhaps this game is grilled.

Chief Smash 03-04-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Dan (Post 2554665)
Ahh, but grilled cheese sandwiches are crave-able. Perhaps this game is grilled.

Yeah they are but, see, you need to add butter and fry it up in a pan. It needs that extra oomph. Again, I can't stress enough that this game may be very good. It just doesn't look like it's good or bad just yet.

SpectralThundr 03-04-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2554659)

Over stylized visuals is a phase. One I hope ends soon because every game looks like this now, it's to the point where half of these games look exactly the fucking same which to me isn't very memorable when everything looks like fucking overwatch meets destiny artstyle wise.

Chief Smash 03-04-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2554685)
Over stylized visuals is a phase. One I hope ends soon because every game looks like this now, it's to the point where half of these games look exactly the fucking same which to me isn't very memorable when everything looks like fucking overwatch meets destiny artstyle wise.

Obviously everything doesn’t look stylized when this very game has been compared to Modern Warfare, Destiny, and Gears, all recent high profile titles. I get what you’re saying though. Overdoing any style can be a problem. Again I only criticize this video because they posted it to impress us but there’s not much here yet.

vallor 03-05-2020 01:09 PM

It isn't the visuals, you apes. It is what can HAPPEN in those environments.

There is nothing in those environments that says "Oh, hey this looks like a really awesome place to fight" or "oh, I can see something here that is going to be unique".

That's what makes them generic. They may as well be skyboxes for lack of gameplay they seem to encourage.