Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   E3 2020 in Question After Los Angeles Declares State of Emergency (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265680)

Evil Avatar 03-05-2020 06:29 AM

E3 2020 in Question After Los Angeles Declares State of Emergency

Quote:

COVID-19 Update

The health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, partners, and staff is our top priority. While the ESA continues to plan for a safe and successful E3 show June 9-11, 2020—we are monitoring and evaluating the situation daily.

Our E3 team and partners continue to monitor COVID-19 via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We are actively assessing the latest information and will continue to develop measures to further reduce health risks at the show.

The city of Los Angeles, which has declared a state of emergency, offered the following guidance:

• The state of emergency allows the city and county to qualify for additional funding needed to prepare for COVID-19 in the future, if such funds are needed at all.

• City officials will continue to prioritize measures and guidelines that are focused on cleanliness and safety.

• The city of Los Angeles website is a source for local information.

Again, please know that we will continue to evaluate new developments and provide updates, as needed.
e3expo.com.

I'm thinking by the time June hits, that corona will have gone dormant for the summer.

Evil Avatar 03-05-2020 06:30 AM

I say that while I'm sitting here suffering from a cold. LOL.

BadIronTree 03-05-2020 07:15 AM

dormant = moved to the south hemisphere ? :P

Metal Jesus 03-05-2020 08:32 AM

My wife and I had the flu a few weeks ago but it was before all the CoronaVirus tests were distributed. It was BAD, but we made it through. Now Seattle is starting to become a ghost town as nobody is going out... Crazy times my friends.

dirtbag 03-05-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadIronTree (Post 2554713)
dormant = moved to the south hemisphere ? :P

Still no cases here in Peru!

vallor 03-05-2020 03:38 PM

We will either all die or this is much ado about nothing.

I do appreciate the precautions, and E3 is a shitshow anyway so no loss there. An ounce of prevention, pound of cure and all that but some places seem to be going WAY overboard.

blackzc 03-05-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Jesus (Post 2554715)
My wife and I had the flu a few weeks ago but it was before all the CoronaVirus tests were distributed. It was BAD, but we made it through. Now Seattle is starting to become a ghost town as nobody is going out... Crazy times my friends.

You may have had it. You are at ground zero.

With all this new data out, im thinking i may have had bird flu back in 2010. I was very sick, down for almost 3 months, short of breath, heart palpitations, the whole bit. Never went to the doctor. I was worried i wasn't going to make it for a while.

But yeah., Yikes being in Seattle area right now! Its looking like an early spring so far. That should help.

Evil Avatar 03-05-2020 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2554737)
But yeah., Yikes being in Seattle area right now! Its looking like an early spring so far. That should help.

See. That groundhog was right!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...cc5635d2_z.jpg

ElektroDragon 03-09-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2554737)

My dude I was just forced to travel from Seattle to NYC and back to Seattle again last week. If I don't get COVID-19 by next week it will be a goddamn miracle. Of course, my wife has this crazy theory that she was patient zero for the WHOLE THING, including China!

blackzc 03-09-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2554877)
My dude I was just forced to travel from Seattle to NYC and back to Seattle again last week. If I don't get COVID-19 by next week it will be a goddamn miracle. Of course, my wife has this crazy theory that she was patient zero for the WHOLE THING, including China!

I came in contact with maybe 20 people today, counting work. But i went to Lowe's so.. :D

China is saying 1 out of 1000 people in the Hubei province contracted corona, for what that's worth.

Muh MSM isn't going to stop hammering on anything that can hurt Trump.

Dont forget this bit of info

From 12 April 2009 to 10 April 2010, we estimate that approximately 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (8868-18,306) occurred in the United States due to pH1N1.

I cant remember bird flu ever being talked about in any meaningful way around this time. They protect their guys, and go after their enemies. You have to ask yourself why a particular story is being focused on.

Protect Obama
Shit on Trump

Eats 03-09-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2554887)
I came in contact with maybe 20 people today, counting work. But i went to Lowe's so.. :D

China is saying 1 out of 1000 people in the Hubei province contracted corona, for what that's worth.

Muh MSM isn't going to stop hammering on anything that can hurt Trump.

Dont forget this bit of info

From 12 April 2009 to 10 April 2010, we estimate that approximately 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (8868-18,306) occurred in the United States due to pH1N1.

I cant remember bird flu ever being talked about in any meaningful way around this time. They protect their guys, and go after their enemies. You have to ask yourself why a particular story is being focused on.

Protect Obama
Shit on Trump

According to this logic the MSM forced the entire country of Italy to go on lock down? And also large parts of China?

???

blackzc 03-09-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eats (Post 2554891)
According to this logic the MSM forced the entire country of Italy to go on lock down? And also large parts of China?

According to my logic you can suck my ass.

My point stands. Maybe China's health system sucks compared to ours and it got out of hand. And honestly same goes for Italy. We are supposed to have the best in the world.

Chief Smash 03-10-2020 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2554892)
According to my logic you can suck my ass.

My point stands. Maybe China's health system sucks compared to ours and it got out of hand. And honestly same goes for Italy.

Anecdotal evidence here but my folks went to Italy a few years back and they were surprised how dirty and dingy the country felt. They said it was sad. I dated a girl whose dad was off the boat from Italy and he had similar opinions. He was proud of his heritage but very relieved to be living here.

blackzc 03-10-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2554900)
Anecdotal evidence here but my folks went to Italy a few years back and they were surprised how dirty and dingy the country felt. They said it was sad. I dated a girl whose dad was off the boat from Italy and he had similar opinions. He was proud of his heritage but very relieved to be living here.

France is apparently the same way.

South Korea is reporting big drops in cases. I expect the same will happen here pretty soon once some of these more drastic measures are enacted.

Like the national guard in new york lol.

Evil Avatar 03-11-2020 06:58 AM

Looks like E3 is off the books. Reports are that they will announce that the show is canceled at 9:30 AM.

Kind of sad, because by the time June rolls around, the Corona outbreak will probably be over.

It is also possible that this might end up being the final nail in the E3 coffin. Without a show this year, there is a good chance a lot more companies will realize that they didn't need it in the first place.

BeardedSonOfNel 03-11-2020 07:26 AM

I guess I don't care. E3 has been crap for the past 10+ years.

Evil Avatar 03-11-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2555013)
I guess I don't care. E3 has been crap for the past 10+ years.

I think the best thing for consumers would be for the show to just go away. Companies having to "save" all their big announcements or wait till June to show off stuff that they could be showing off in January is just dumb and anti-consumer.

The world is 24/7 now, our video game show shouldn't be stuck on Wednesday Night at 7 PM.

Chief Smash 03-11-2020 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2555015)
I think the best thing for consumers would be for the show to just go away. Companies having to "save" all their big announcements or wait till June to show off stuff that they could be showing off in January is just dumb and anti-consumer.

The world is 24/7 now, our video game show shouldn't be stuck on Wednesday Night at 7 PM.

All true but I liked having a sort of mini gaming holiday to look forward to. But mostly I miss the old E3 of the 90s even if I never attended. And yeah that includes the tacky massive displays and the booth babes.

vallor 03-11-2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2555008)
Looks like E3 is off the books. Reports are that they will announce that the show is canceled at 9:30 AM.

And it's done...

https://variety.com/2020/digital/new...us-1203529992/

E3 2020 is gonzo.

I like the various sparing contests that happen at E3, with each company going head to head and trying to outdo one another. It can often be a barometer of how confident they are of their roster of games and we get to see them side by side in a short amount of time where the "gut check" can really get involved.

If each company does their own thing with months between each event you don't get that side by side comparison and it takes away some of the fun, IMO.

Terran 03-11-2020 03:56 PM

LA calling a state of emergency over Covid-19 and 20-ish dead? But not over the 20,000 dead Americans this season from regular flu? Or the TYPHUS endemic on their city's streets? Or the human shit and needles lying all around their roads?

FFS, what a parody of actual seriousness. Fucking lunatics.