Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Trailer for Netflix’s Altered Carbon anime, Resleeved, is Bloody Mayhem (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265740)

Evil Avatar 03-10-2020 06:20 AM

The Trailer for Netflix’s Altered Carbon anime, Resleeved, is Bloody Mayhem

Quote:

On Planet Latimer, everything is temporary, but honor is forever. From the creative mind behind Cowboy Bebop, explore the expanded universe of "Altered Carbon" in this anime adaptation. Altered Carbon: Resleeved premieres March 19, only on Netflix.

Evil Avatar 03-10-2020 06:26 AM

That art is just amazing. I would love to see this studio take on The Dark Knight Returns, Kingdom Come or Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Or even something crazy like a cowboy western.

NACIONAL 03-10-2020 07:23 AM

I loved the first season of altered carbon.. second season was just mehhhhh...

this gives me hope for the franchise

Demo_Boy 03-10-2020 10:11 AM

This is more interesting than the live action series!

thatlukeguy 03-10-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2554910)
That art is just amazing. I would love to see this studio take on The Dark Knight Returns, Kingdom Come or Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Or even something crazy like a cowboy western.

How about a Cowboy Bebop revival? I would love a Cowboy Bebop revival.

Mozgus 03-11-2020 02:23 AM

I'm gonna be the old fart here and just insist that anime will remain dead for as long as it keeps using this god awful 3D cel shading instead of actual animation. This looks horrible. Bebop was actually the very last anime I could enjoy. I consider it to be the absolute limit of digital assistance that should ever be allowed in the animation process. The new tech only contributed and never took away anything from the end product.

I am still stumbling on random 80's anime even on free Roku channels like Pluto and being impressed. Meanwhile nothing modern looks good to me.

vallor 03-11-2020 11:13 AM

I can't bring myself to watch season 2 of altered carbon. I just see The Falcon. And I imagine they had to tone it way down to get Mackie considering his Disney affiliation probably doesn't allow him to be all up in to the sex, drugs, and gore the way the first season of Altered Carbon was.

holysin 03-11-2020 11:21 AM

Lol, calling this anime is a joke.
It looks like an in-game cutscene.

thatlukeguy 03-11-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2555027)
I can't bring myself to watch season 2 of altered carbon. I just see The Falcon. And I imagine they had to tone it way down to get Mackie considering his Disney affiliation probably doesn't allow him to be all up in to the sex, drugs, and gore the way the first season of Altered Carbon was.

Although I liked the *feel* of season 1 better, this current season was still pretty good, and overall I enjoyed watching it. I didn't care for the AI romance plot to be honest.

Terran 03-11-2020 03:33 PM

The voiceovers are TERRIBLE.

NACIONAL 03-12-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

And I imagine they had to tone it way down to get Mackie considering his Disney affiliation probably doesn't allow him to be all up in to the sex, drugs, and gore the way the first season of Altered Carbon was.

they toned it WAAAAAAY down.... i missed it A LOT. And actually I think the plot of the second season was boring.

Kreigmstr 03-13-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

I'm not particularly a fan of Joel Kinnaman. But he was much better at as Kovacs then Mackie. It just felt like he didn't have some of the subtlety that Kinnaman had.

Simone Missick (cop from Luke Cage/Defenders etc) just seems really out of place in the the show at all.

That being said, the story wasn't bad. And Mackie does get better when there is more action. Poe is probably the best thing about season 2.

Chimpbot 03-14-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatlukeguy (Post 2554984)
How about a Cowboy Bebop revival? I would love a Cowboy Bebop revival.

Why? The animation in the original still holds up, and it's not as if you'll be able to improve the voiceovers; the English dub is still one of the shining examples of an English dub being arguably better than the Japanese version. It's not even as if it was based on a manga series, either. It was an anime first, so you wouldn't even get the benefit of re-adapting it (like what we saw with Fullmetal Alchemist, for example). I love Cowboy Bebop, but it's one of those things that should be left alone.

Now, if we're talking about revivals, I wouldn't mind seeing Akira get a new adaptation. I have zero complaints with the movie (entirely because it was written and directed by the guy who wrote and drew the manga), but he had to make some major changes to get the story to fit within the confines of a movie's runtime. I'd love to see the manga get an anime series, because the second half of the story is pretty wild.