Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DOOM Eternal – Official Launch Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265787)

Evil Avatar 03-12-2020 07:31 AM

DOOM Eternal – Official Launch Trailer

Quote:

There is only one dominant life form in this universe, and it carries a steel-barreled sword of vengeance. Become the Slayer and hunt Hell’s armies to the far reaches of the earth and beyond. The only thing they fear… is YOU.

RAZE HELL when DOOM Eternal arrives on 03.20.20.

Evil Avatar 03-12-2020 07:31 AM

Chief Smash 03-12-2020 09:24 AM

Way better than that TV spot they dropped a couple of weeks back. Looking forward to this one.

Booda 03-12-2020 09:44 AM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/r0eui...5&rid=200.webp

Meeks 03-12-2020 07:33 PM

Now they have my attention. That looks like a blast. Some of those guns look insane.

Evil Avatar 03-13-2020 01:26 AM

I have had my pre-order in since announcement.

brandonjclark 03-13-2020 06:48 AM

I really loved the first one, but it didn't have a ton of replayability for me. I'm still going to buy this, but will probably wait for a sale.

excalibur1814 03-13-2020 08:38 AM

Same! Instant pre-order... but that was more for the classic version of the game.

brandonjclark 03-13-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2555162)
Same! Instant pre-order... but that was more for the classic version of the game.

This is just more of the same (albeit great), right?

It's not much different, right?

excalibur1814 03-13-2020 04:44 PM

I don't really play many games these days but nearly any fps or C&C must be played asap. Shame that EA destroyed C&C and hopefully this new Doom will be fantastic.

Cranium 03-14-2020 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2555169)
This is just more of the same (albeit great), right?

It's not much different, right?

They've adde a grappling hook that latches onto monsters for some crazy Tarzan-antics, seen in some previous previews. Otherwise it expands on universe lore (adding a heaven-like theme) & max arena sizes seem to have increased some. Otherwise... no?

Chimpbot 03-14-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2555157)
I really loved the first one, but it didn't have a ton of replayability for me. I'm still going to buy this, but will probably wait for a sale.

I think I may actually do the same; I'm not big into multiplayer (which I don't even know if this one will have, truth be told), so I don't care about being on the back-end of the game's popularity curve.

Honestly, the game I might spring for this week is Animal Crossing; it's a great series to chill with, and I know my wife will probably enjoy it as well. I've been trying to find games we can play together as of late, and I think she'd really enjoy it.

Chief Smash 03-16-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2555205)
Honestly, the game I might spring for this week is Animal Crossing; it's a great series to chill with, and I know my wife will probably enjoy it as well. I've been trying to find games we can play together as of late, and I think she'd really enjoy it.

I'm probably in the same boat. My kids are going to be getting Animal Crossing and with the entire family home for the foreseeable future (my wife works in the school system and I work from home full time,) I'm betting it gets a fair amount of family playtime. Also I'm trying to clear out some back catalog (Destiny and Shadow of Mordor.) So while Doom does look excellent, I'll very likely wait until it drops in price to pick it up.

BeardedSonOfNel 03-16-2020 04:51 PM

I just downloaded the previous one (it's on MS Gamepass). I'll play through that, and if I dig it; then I'll pick this one up.

Evil Avatar 03-17-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2555326)
I just downloaded the previous one (it's on MS Gamepass). I'll play through that, and if I dig it; then I'll pick this one up.

I really liked it. I thought there were sections that were super hard, but the weapons were cool and the enemies were great and the death animations were a blast.

I wanted to do the controller throw a bunch of times because of the difficulty, but after I finished it, I really realized how great it was.

The only thing I would say is that because it was difficult, it had zero replayability for me. I didn't want to go back to those tough spots.

BeardedSonOfNel 03-17-2020 07:03 PM

Evil Avatar 03-18-2020 05:09 AM

Great video! Like I wasn’t already super excited to play.