Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Country Music Icon Kenny Roger Folds His Hand at 81 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265960)

vallor 03-21-2020 05:29 PM

Country Music Icon Kenny Roger Folds His Hand at 81

From the BBC

Quote:

Kenny Rogers: Country music legend dies aged 81

Known for his husky voice and ballads including The Gambler, Lucille and Coward Of The County, his career spanned more than six decades.

He once summed up his popularity by explaining that he believed his songs "say what every man wants to say and that every woman wants to hear".

After growing up in poverty on a federal housing estate in Houston, Texas, Rogers began recording with a string of bands, including Kenny Rogers and the First Edition, before launching his solo career in 1976.
I listen to almost every kind of music but my I grew up with my Dad listening to "real" country but it was impossible to avoid "new" Kenny Rogers especially his duets with Dolly Parton.

Terran 03-21-2020 08:36 PM

RIP Kenny Rogers. You picked a fine time to fold 'em after a full life. God speed.

brandonjclark 03-21-2020 10:15 PM

RIP

Metal Jesus 03-22-2020 11:58 AM

I don't typically sing karaoke songs...

But if I'm drunk enough and don't give a f--k...

...I'll sing The Gambler.

...like nobody is listening ;)

GinRummy 03-23-2020 05:14 AM

Before he went country. Funky and weird. Might remember it from Big Lebowski.

MadMurdock_0311 03-23-2020 12:51 PM

81 seems long enough to live a full life. Much longer than that and your health really starts to decline, become incontinent, lose your mind. Better to go out before all that happens (unless this was the case for Kenny Rogers?).

Also, I just realized I was confusing him with Kenny Loggins for the last couple days.

Chief Smash 03-23-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 (Post 2555771)
81 seems long enough to live a full life. Much longer than that and your health really starts to decline, become incontinent, lose your mind. Better to go out before all that happens (unless this was the case for Kenny Rogers?).

Also, I just realized I was confusing him with Kenny Loggins for the last couple days.

Maybe but then there's the old quip "Who wants to live to be 100? Ask the 99 year old."

GodFather 03-26-2020 01:57 PM

Quote:

Easy to say that when your not 81... LOL

blackzc 03-26-2020 04:03 PM

Quote:

Beep boop