Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Star Wars: Several New TV Shows In Development, Says Disney (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251489)

Emabulator 02-07-2018 02:24 PM

Star Wars: Several New TV Shows In Development, Says Disney

May the Force Stream with You. GameSpot has the news from the dark side.

Quote:

Disney launches its streaming service in 2019, and as well as making many of its movies and TV shows available, the studio is planning to develop new shows exclusively for the service. Inevitably one of these is to be a Star Wars live-action series. Disney boss Bob Iger has now revealed that the studio is in fact developing more than one Star Wars show.

During Disney's quarterly investors call, Iger stated that it won't be long before we get more details about the studio's plans. "We are developing not just one, but a few Star Wars series specifically for the Disney direct to consumer app," he said, via Collider. "We've mentioned that and we are close to being able to reveal at least one of the entities that is developing that for us. Because the deal isn't completely closed, we can't be specific about that, [but] I think you'll find the level of talent on the television front will be rather significant as well."

karaliusbronius 02-07-2018 02:27 PM

Sweet, I hope they end up on HBO and have tons of Adult stuff in it. Please Disney, partner with HBO. Star Wars could be one of the theme park options in Westworld!

blackzc 02-07-2018 02:55 PM

The bad thing about eating chocolate everyday is eventually you get sick of Chocolate.

Terran 02-07-2018 03:07 PM

I'm already sick of Disney's Star Wars. They're taking the poor IP and running it into the ground, then beating it to death when it collapses.

Disney and the horse it rode in on:

https://i.imgur.com/dPSngUh.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2505664)
The bad thing about eating chocolate everyday is eventually you get sick of Chocolate.

You prefer white chocolate? Or...special dark? :D

Chimpbot 02-07-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2505666)
I'm already sick of Disney's Star Wars. They're taking the poor IP and running it into the ground, then beating it to death when it collapses.

The only thing Disney is doing differently is releasing one movie per year. Lucas was into TV shows when he sold it and had been planning a live-action series for years.

We're really not getting any more Star Wars content per year under Disney than we did with Lucas; it's just a bit more in your face because some of it is movies and not just a giant pile of books.

Oddmaker 02-07-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2505666)

Disney and the horse it rode in on:

https://i.imgur.com/dPSngUh.gif

I have to agree, they really need better writers to make you suck into a story and actually feel interested in any new characters they create, episode 4, 5, and 6 I can watch over and over but the latest are uninsteresting, I did enjoy Rogue One: A Star Wars Story though.

timmyd 02-08-2018 08:51 AM

I'm glad this content I'm to consume is delivered by a direct app and not squirted via a Zune. So it's an improvement.

Mad Max RW 02-08-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2505667)
The only thing Disney is doing differently is releasing one movie per year. Lucas was into TV shows when he sold it and had been planning a live-action series for years.

We're really not getting any more Star Wars content per year under Disney than we did with Lucas; it's just a bit more in your face because some of it is movies and not just a giant pile of books.

The thing is George Lucas was very involved with what was to be canon in all the video games and books. That's what he cared about most. It took decades for him to get around to doing the prequels, and even though they were mediocre to shit he made the movies he wanted. Eventually Lucas Arts died and the games turned garbage. Kathleen Kennedy is the ruler of all things Star Wars now and pretty much everything is shit. The movies, the games, the whole brand is so completely watered down. But they are churning them out faster than ever and morons keep buying because of the incredible hype.

Chimpbot 02-08-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2505712)
The thing is George Lucas was very involved with what was to be canon in all the video games and books. That's what he cared about most. It took decades for him to get around to doing the prequels, and even though they were mediocre to shit he made the movies he wanted. Eventually Lucas Arts died and the games turned garbage. Kathleen Kennedy is the ruler of all things Star Wars now and pretty much everything is shit. The movies, the games, the whole brand is so completely watered down. But they are churning them out faster than ever and morons keep buying because of the incredible hype.

I think people overestimate just how involved Lucas was with the franchise as a whole. Nothing has changed in terms of how the canon is handled; there was essentially a story group under Lucas' watch and Leland Chee - who oversaw all of the canon - is still employed by Lucasfilm doing the same damn thing. Aside from telling the story group what sections were off-limits (such as the prequel era before the movies came out), it was this group who ultimately put most of it together. Lucas would simply provide his blessing.

When he finally got around to making the prequels, Lucas cherrypicked things he liked - including key planets such as Coruscant - and included it in his own story. Lucas wasn't quite as responsible for most of what is known as "Star Wars" as people assume.

To many, Star Wars has been shit since 1999. In that regard, absolutely nothing has changed.

ashikenshin 02-08-2018 10:06 AM

Even Star Wars toys are ending up in the bargain bin. They are destroying Star Wars. Very disappointing.

Chief Smash 02-08-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashikenshin (Post 2505721)
Even Star Wars toys are ending up in the bargain bin. They are destroying Star Wars. Very disappointing.

I'm not sure how many of you have kids but maybe some of you parent could share your thoughts. I've got two boys and they both love Star Wars. But aside from the Lego sets and mini figures, they barely care about Star Wars toys. What happened? In fact they don't even seem to care about any of the Star Wars characters very much. When I was a kid, it felt like every little boy wanted to be his latest hero. So at one time, I wanted to be Han Solo. But it seems that kids don't really feel this way anymore. At least my kids don't and neither do my nieces and nephews. My brother and I were discussing this over some beers and he suggested that maybe it's because kids are so overloaded with entertainment these days. I argued that I felt like the entertainment industry just wasn't putting out stuff that appealed to kids in the long run. He rebutted this by pointing out that we're both old now and entertainment just isn't geared toward us anymore. So is it really different now or is it just that I'm old? How do some of your kids feel about all of this?