Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Friday the 13th: The Game - Single Player Challenges Preview Video (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251585)

Emabulator 02-12-2018 02:28 PM

Friday the 13th: The Game - Single Player Challenges Preview Video

Warning: Not Safe For Work

Quote:

We are happy to show this First Look at Single Player Challenges coming to Friday the 13th: The Game at no additional cost.

PatrickRes9 02-12-2018 02:31 PM

Has anyone played this yet? Is it any good? Looked at a few reviews. They were pretty mixed.

Transylmania 02-13-2018 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2505959)
Has anyone played this yet? Is it any good? Looked at a few reviews. They were pretty mixed.

I think the game is great if you are playing along with friends as the survivors and you are using a headset. I tried PUG'ing for awhile because I didn't have any friends who bought the game upon release and it wasn't efficient but in more ways then other games. Friday the 13th requires serious coordination from your team or you will die. Jason will divide and conquer all those lone wolves out there pretty easily. Unless they changed it, if someone escapes the level its possible you will be left behind to find a way out for yourself. Some of the cars only have 2 seats for example. I had some people jet on me and I died after being left behind. No coalition victory there. Still, the game is a love letter to fans of the Friday the 13th movies so to speak. Kane Hodder and Tom Savini were involved in the development of the game which scored big points from me. Jason looks great and accurate to the films and the locations set the tone for sure. And the Jason fatality animations on the counselors are worthy of you efforts. You can kill Jason also if your team works together though it is unlikely to ever work. Its pretty challenging and requires some team work and a little luck usually. Worth trying though if you feel you can pull it off.

PatrickRes9 02-13-2018 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transylmania (Post 2505988)
I think the game is great if you are playing along with friends as the survivors and you are using a headset. I tried PUG'ing for awhile because I didn't have any friends who bought the game upon release and it wasn't efficient but in more ways then other games. Friday the 13th requires serious coordination from your team or you will die. Jason will divide and conquer all those lone wolves out there pretty easily. Unless they changed it, if someone escapes the level its possible you will be left behind to find a way out for yourself. Some of the cars only have 2 seats for example. I had some people jet on me and I died after being left behind. No coalition victory there. Still, the game is a love letter to fans of the Friday the 13th movies so to speak. Kane Hodder and Tom Savini were involved in the development of the game which scored big points from me. Jason looks great and accurate to the films and the locations set the tone for sure. And the Jason fatality animations on the counselors are worthy of you efforts. You can kill Jason also if your team works together though it is unlikely to ever work. Its pretty challenging and requires some team work and a little luck usually. Worth trying though if you feel you can pull it off.

Coordinating and difficulty sound like something I'd enjoy. I may pick it up if I can get a few friends to grab it at the same time. I'm not a huge Friday the 13th fan, but it has some nostalgia factor for me.

brandonjclark 02-13-2018 06:34 AM

Whoah, this is pretty dark!

ElektroDragon 02-13-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2505959)

It's horribad. Think Evolve with Jason being the creature. :rolleyes: