Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Microsoft Xbox E3 Briefing #E32018 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253930)

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 01:51 PM

Microsoft Xbox E3 Briefing #E32018

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 02:35 PM

So far this is a bad show. The games aren't bad, it is just that they are all games you can also get on the PlayStation 4.

The only title I think Xbox owners would be excited about, Halo Infinite, they didn't say a single word about it. Is it just Halo Online or is it a new title? It seems like it is just a new version of Halo Online.

brandonjclark 06-10-2018 03:12 PM

DMC5 looks pretty good.

brandonjclark 06-10-2018 03:13 PM

Session was a weak trailer, no gameplay whatsoever.

brandonjclark 06-10-2018 03:14 PM

More cuphead to punish our controllers, great!

brandonjclark 06-10-2018 03:21 PM

DYIng LIGHT 2.... HELL YES.

LostToys 06-10-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514470)
So far this is a bad show. The games aren't bad, it is just that they are all games you can also get on the PlayStation 4.

The only title I think Xbox owners would be excited about, Halo Infinite, they didn't say a single word about it. Is it just Halo Online or is it a new title? It seems like it is just a new version of Halo Online.

Seeing how they said that there would be substantially more Master Chief this time around, it sounds like the next main-line Halo title. So single player with a multi-player component.

Though, with the popularity of Battle Royal style games, I would actually be down for them going back and revisiting the original Halo design where you played on one large open world map. God I still pine for the original Halo for Mac.

brandonjclark 06-10-2018 03:39 PM

Just Cause 4 looks great.

And now they're showing Gears of War 5!

brandonjclark 06-10-2018 03:43 PM

OK, Gears 5 is looking next gen.

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 03:43 PM

So, they literally only showed like 1 exclusive that anyone cares about, Gears of War 5, and after Gears of War 4, we kinda know that one will not be that great.

Well, I'll give Sony some points here, Microsoft spent 2 hours showing off games you can also buy on the PS4.

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2514480)
OK, Gears 5 is looking next gen.

I don't know if you played Gears of War 4, but it wasn't very good. And this title is from the same studio only now that studio is developing Gears of War 5, Gears of War Pop, Gears of War Tactics and a new title.

So, if all they had to create before was one title and it wasn't very good, how good of a job do you think they will do splitting their resources across four titles???

They need someone other than Big Gay Al running that place.

BadIronTree 06-10-2018 03:48 PM

OMG OMG OMG

subroc 06-10-2018 04:40 PM

Pretty average. Not good, not bad, just the usual stuff. Only thing to get me really excited was Cyberpunk 2077. Very happy to get a new Forza Horizon - everything else I could take or leave.

ElektroDragon 06-10-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514481)
So, they literally only showed like 1 exclusive that anyone cares about, Gears of War 5, and after Gears of War 4, we kinda know that one will not be that great.

Well, I'll give Sony some points here, Microsoft spent 2 hours showing off games you can also buy on the PS4.

I am now convinced you're a paid shill for Sony. How do you take 15 good console exclusives, 18 launch exclusives, and 5 new studio acquisitions and still come out with your typical Xbox haz no gaemz hur hur hur? Are you a blind man or just play one on the internet?

karaliusbronius 06-10-2018 05:09 PM

I want cyberpunk!!!!!!!!!!

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2514487)
I am now convinced you're a paid shill for Sony. How do you take 15 good console exclusives, 18 launch exclusives, and 5 new studio acquisitions and still come out with your typical Xbox haz no gaemz hur hur hur? Are you a blind man or just play one on the internet?

I saw perhaps six games that were exclusive to the Xbox and about 44 games you can play on the PlayStation. Exactly how is that a big win for Microsoft?

And out of those six games, there are only 3 people actually care about and one of those three they didn't even tell you what kind of a game it was. (ie, Halo Infinite)

For all we know it's a strategy game or a mobile game like Gears.

ElektroDragon 06-10-2018 05:41 PM

Ok my man, but I'm not sure how Sony can top that conference. All their big stuff came out this year already.

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2514490)
Ok my man, but I'm not sure how Sony can top that conference. All their big stuff came out this year already.

Sony isn't doing a traditional conference this year. They are just showing off four games, they aren't going to bother with the multiplatform stuff. Which makes sense, Microsoft just showed it all off for them. LOL.

ElektroDragon 06-10-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514491)
Sony isn't doing a traditional conference this year. They are just showing off four games, they aren't going to bother with the multiplatform stuff. Which makes sense, Microsoft just showed it all off for them. LOL.

Actually it's because all the multiplatform titles are better on Xbox One X. Zing! :)

Mad Max RW 06-10-2018 06:05 PM

Fallout 76 looks exactly like Fallout 4 with the Regrowth Overhaul mod. Waiting for the Bethesda conference later to see if there is more to the game.

Division 2 was painfully bad. The most boring cover shooter ever. And it doesn't look all that good graphically. God I hate third person cover shooters.

Dying Light 2 looks very cool. Best part of the whole conference. The last games of theirs I played was the underrated Dead Island and the terrific Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Techland is back on my radar.

Just Cause 4 looks great. Big, beautiful, over the top chaos. Loved it.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer was dull. Show me the gameplay. It's been how many years and they come back with a hodgepodge of cutscenes. What a letdown.