Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252157)

Emabulator 03-08-2018 11:04 AM

Jon Favreau to Executive Produce and Write Live-Action Star Wars Series

Lucasfilm has announced that Iron Man director Jon Favreau will executive produce and write its upcoming live-action Star Wars series.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau is thrilled to be returning to the Star Wars galaxy: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Disney’s collaborations with Favreau extend back a decade, when he helped launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and as an executive producer of the Iron Man and Avengers films for Marvel Studios. For Disney, he directed and produced the massively successful The Jungle Book, which won an Academy Award for its groundbreaking visual effects. He is currently in production on Disney’s highly anticipated reimagining of The Lion King, set for release in 2019.

The untitled Star Wars live-action series does not yet have a release date.

Terran 03-08-2018 11:24 AM

Favreau? Too bad. Not a fan.

Meeks 03-08-2018 12:16 PM

He'll always be Gutter to me.

vallor 03-08-2018 12:32 PM

I like him. And without his efforts we wouldn't have the golden age of superhero movies we enjoy. I think we're in for a treat, but he's got a long way to go to catch up on DC in TV. On the other hand with DC interweaving all their shows I'm getting pretty pissed. I don't have time to keep watching all the crossover bullshit, it's as bad as the comics.

karaliusbronius 03-08-2018 01:46 PM

I hope we get something that have more jedi related story lines. The last couple movies really hasn't had that much. I like Star Wars for the Jedi.

Fubl 03-08-2018 03:29 PM

I want a Deep Non cookie cutter Empire member other than Thrawn.... I mean kids cant even dress up as any of the major empire side Charachters anymore since "no concealing face" in public places but you can dress up as all the rebels...... Empire is getting the shaft

Emabulator 03-08-2018 03:46 PM

vallor 03-08-2018 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fubl (Post 2507986)
I want a Deep Non cookie cutter Empire member other than Thrawn.... Empire is getting the shaft

Pretty tall call; remember the Emperor was a sexist xenophobe. He didn't want females or aliens in the upper echelons. That's what made people like Mara Jade and Thrawn unique.