Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Official Teaser Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252269)

Evil Avatar 03-13-2018 06:03 PM

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Official Teaser Trailer

Quote:

At the end of the first film, the powerful Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald (Johnny Depp) was captured by MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America), with the help of Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne). But, making good on his threat, Grindelwald escaped custody and has set about gathering followers, most unsuspecting of his true agenda: to raise pure-blood wizards up to rule over all non-magical beings.

In an effort to thwart Grindelwald’s plans, Albus Dumbledore (Jude Law) enlists his former student Newt Scamander, who agrees to help, unaware of the dangers that lie ahead. Lines are drawn as love and loyalty are tested, even among the truest friends and family, in an increasingly divided wizarding world.

The film features an ensemble cast led by Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller, with Jude Law and Johnny Depp. The cast also includes, Zoë Kravitz, Callum Turner, Claudia Kim, William Nadylam, Kevin Guthrie, Carmen Ejogo, and Poppy Corby-Tuech.

“Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” is directed by David Yates, from a screenplay by J.K. Rowling. The film is produced by David Heyman, J.K. Rowling, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram.

Slated for release on November 16, 2018, the film will be distributed worldwide in 2D and 3D in select theatres and IMAX by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

NACIONAL 03-13-2018 06:11 PM

I liked the first one..not as much as proper HP films, But well enough... this looks interesting too

Chimpbot 03-14-2018 05:38 AM

I enjoyed the first more than I expected, largely because it was nice to not be following kids or teenagers around for once.

I'll stick around and see how this prequel series progresses, for the time being.

Scherge 03-14-2018 06:55 AM

Dumbledore in his prime - sounds interesting! I have to admit that I don't care much about the rest of the story... :confused:

Terran 03-14-2018 08:11 AM

Really not excited for more Harry Pokemon: The Cash Grab films. Also cannot stand Eddie Redmayne. He's terrible. So is Johnny Depp at this point. A double negative on the actors.

If the wife wants to see it I'll go simply because it's a chance to hang out with her and I don't have to pay extra (MoviePass). Might bring headphones and listen to some music, lol. :D

Sensei-X 03-14-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2508345)
He's terrible. So is Johnny Depp at this point. A double negative on the actors.

Oh no, are you joining the SJW boycott on Johnny Depp that not even Amber Heard asked for but people still seem to feel obligated to join in? :p

Evil Avatar 03-14-2018 08:36 AM

I need to go back and watch Fantastic Beasts again, I only kinda watched it while playing Heroes of the Storm. Not really a good way to experience a film if you want to enjoy it.

The trailer for this one certainly looks great.

Conco 03-14-2018 09:11 PM

Enjoyed the first film. I am not a harry potter fan at all, but I strangely find these movies entertaining. Also, it helps to have a movie pass! so I watch everything basically these days.

JazGalaxy 03-14-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensei-X (Post 2508347)
Oh no, are you joining the SJW boycott on Johnny Depp that not even Amber Heard asked for but people still seem to feel obligated to join in? :p

He’s not rea;lay been great in anything he’s done outside of Pirates for a while.

Word on the street is that he doesn’t even memorize lines anymore.

http://www.tvovermind.com/entertainm...s-fed-earpiece

Supposedly he just has them given to him on the spot like a Mexican daytime soap opera.

Although, that’s SO beyyond the pall. AppArently most actors just learn what they are supposed to say scene by scene and not like a play which requires memorization.

LostToys 03-15-2018 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2508442)
Although, that’s SO beyyond the pall. AppArently most actors just learn what they are supposed to say scene by scene and not like a play which requires memorization.

Films are shot so out of sequence these days and reshoots, even for the most basic of movies, are now an industry staple, that it really is not worth memorizing your entire lines anymore. This is particularly true for directors like Steven Spielberg who don't even bother with rehearsals, so actors really just need to bring their A-game on a per day basis, and if they don't, then can just make up for it during reshoots.

LostToys 03-15-2018 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2508345)
Also cannot stand Eddie Redmayne.

His mouth really bugs me. It is like looking at a sideways vagina.

JazGalaxy 03-15-2018 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2508443)
Films are shot so out of sequence these days and reshoots, even for the most basic of movies, are now an industry staple, that it really is not worth memorizing your entire lines anymore. This is particularly true for directors like Steven Spielberg who don't even bother with rehearsals, so actors really just need to bring their A-game on a per day basis, and if they don't, then can just make up for it during reshoots.

...meant to write, “not so beyond the pall”.

I suppose that many directors rewrite scripts on the day of shooting, as well, so it might be detrimental to memorize a script, really.

Eats 03-15-2018 02:18 AM

Johnny Depp is a good actor, but he just doesn't give a fuck what movie he is attached to. Pirates 1 was good, but they must be on like Pirates 8 right now and they were terrible after the first. The fact that he is involved in this at all makes me think it will suck because he is all about signing on to garbage films for money.

I agree with Terran that these harry potter films are now just ridiculous cash grabs. I will maybe watch it when it dumps out on dvd, but probably not.

JazGalaxy 03-15-2018 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eats (Post 2508446)

I agree with Terran that these harry potter films are now just ridiculous cash grabs. I will maybe watch it when it dumps out on dvd, but probably not.

I keep forgetting they exist.

I feel like the world the movies depict isn’t much like what I imagined in the books.

Chimpbot 03-15-2018 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2508442)

This is pretty standard practice, actually. Due to the nature of films not being live, the way shoots are structured and a number of other factors, there simply isn't a reason for actors to memorize their entire parts. It wouldn't even necessarily be practical, in many cases.