Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Merry Christmas from Frank Underwood (and Evil Avatar) (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264574)

Evil Avatar 12-26-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2550579)
Sometimes terrible movies are the best movies!

The short story "Trucks" is one of my favorite King stories, right up there with The Mist. Scary story for sure and it's funny that the movie follows the plot to the short story pretty much right on and it still just doesn't work.

I think where they really lost it was trying to make "everything electric" try to kill people instead of just the cars and trucks. I think it might have been scarier if they had just stuck with the trucks.

Seems like a story that would make a great modern remake.

vallor 12-26-2019 10:36 PM

Warning to any Kevin Spacey accusers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fucking Article Click it and Read Your Life May Depend on It
Scandinavian writer Ari Behn — the ex-husband of Norwegian Princess Martha Louise who accused Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct — died this week, his manager said. He was 47.

Behn died by suicide Wednesday, his manager told the Norwegian news service NTB. Authorities said he was found at his home in Norway.

The Norwegian royal family said in a written statement that Behn was "an important part of our family for many years and we carry warm and good memories of him with us."

Are we ready to give Spacey how own term like Arkancide for the Clintons?

Like "Ari Behn just got 'Spaced'." On the other hand, speaking of "Space" how much better would Star Trek: Discovery be without Anthony Rapp?

Oh and Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself.

On a more serious note: don't kill yourself, especially on Christmas or New Years. I know people who have had challenging years and don't have much support during the Holiday Season can dive into a depression trench deeper than the Marianas. The holiday season does end. National Hotline (for those in America).

SpectralThundr 12-27-2019 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2550588)
Warning to any Kevin Spacey accusers.

Are we ready to give Spacey how own term like Arkancide for the Clintons?

Like "Ari Behn just got 'Spaced'." On the other hand, speaking of "Space" how much better would Star Trek: Discovery be without Anthony Rapp?

Oh and Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself.

On a more serious note: don't kill yourself, especially on Christmas or New Years. I know people who have had challenging years and don't have much support during the Holiday Season can dive into a depression trench deeper than the Marianas. The holiday season does end. National Hotline (for those in America).

Well Spacey did fly on the lolita express, much like ol Billy "I didn't have sexual relations with that woman" Clinton. So yeah the odds are he's pretty fucking connected with the rest of the pedophiles in MarxistWood and DC.

BeardedSonOfNel 12-27-2019 07:25 AM

Is this the 3rd Spacey accuser that has died?

Sensei-X 12-27-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2550601)
Is this the 3rd Spacey accuser that has died?

Yes

One from "cancer"
Another from getting hit by a car
And then this one, good ol suicide, often inconclusive and hard to prove or disprove.

There was another accuser that just refused to keep cooperating, I'm sure no one related to Kevin Spacey in any way stopped by their house and had a friendly talk with them about how perhaps that might be beneficial to their long-term health.

Chimpbot 12-27-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2550585)
The short story "Trucks" is one of my favorite King stories, right up there with The Mist. Scary story for sure and it's funny that the movie follows the plot to the short story pretty much right on and it still just doesn't work.

I think where they really lost it was trying to make "everything electric" try to kill people instead of just the cars and trucks. I think it might have been scarier if they had just stuck with the trucks.

Seems like a story that would make a great modern remake.

It didn't help matters that King, a first-time director, decided to make the movie at the height of his drug addiction. It was a movie I intentionally didn't bring up when I worked for him (although I did joking offer it as a suggestion for the annual Halloween movie night we ran a contest for). His books are fine, but most of the adaptations are relatively shitty. The Mist is still one of my favorites, though.

For Christmas, the coolest thing I scored was the TMNT Arcade1Up cabinet. It's smaller than a full-size, but it's also a fraction of the cost and the riser boosts it to a reasonable height. My only complaint is that things would likely get cramped if four people were playing at once.

blackzc 12-27-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensei-X (Post 2550607)
Yes

One from "cancer"
Another from getting hit by a car
And then this one, good ol suicide, often inconclusive and hard to prove or disprove.

There was another accuser that just refused to keep cooperating, I'm sure no one related to Kevin Spacey in any way stopped by their house and had a friendly talk with them about how perhaps that might be beneficial to their long-term health.

You would think someone would do something about that. What an easy way for a president,prosecutor, detective, fbi agent to get famous....

WTF.

BeardedSonOfNel 12-27-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2550610)
The Mist is still one of my favorites, though. ...

I like Stand By Me a lot.