Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259922)

Jetherik 04-12-2019 08:01 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Glorious weather for gaming! What are you playing?

McWolf 04-12-2019 01:28 PM

Still playing TW:Warhammer 2, and have been getting back into the groove of CoD Black Ops 4 Battle Royale with the new Alcatraz map, chaotic close range fun.

With little sprinklings of Black Ops 3 custom zombies maps and Guild Wars 2 dailies.

HB_IKE 04-12-2019 02:05 PM

I got my self Far Cry 5 to try the expansion later ... Shoot, run and hit people with a shovel good times, good times.

Kreigmstr 04-13-2019 06:03 AM

The Division 2 and Beatsaber. WH40K Dark Heresy ttrpg game cancelled this week due to a GoT viewing party on Sunday.

Evil Avatar 04-13-2019 07:03 AM

I finished Red Dead Redemption 2 last week, this weekend I think I’ll start in on Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.

I’ve also got a few movies to check out including a horror/western, The Wind.

Evil Avatar 04-13-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreigmstr (Post 2535398)
The Division 2 and Beatsaber. WH40K Dark Heresy ttrpg game cancelled this week due to a GoT viewing party on Sunday.

Have you seen the Warhammer Car Wars game? Iím thinking of picking that one up if I can find a group that plays. Itís pricy though, the starter kit is like $120 US.

Arionuq 04-13-2019 07:16 AM

[QUOTE=McWolf;2535330]Still playing TW:Warhammer 2,

Yep, with ya on that. Waiting oh so long for the DLC coming out. Bretonnia though? really? Empire needs some love.

Booda 04-13-2019 07:17 AM

More Div2. Should wrap up World Tier 3 sometime this evening.

Emabulator 04-13-2019 08:31 AM

I have been playing Donkey Kong and Smash Bros. on Switch and Dirt Rally 2 on PS4. Most of my gaming time has been on PC, with OOTP Baseball, StarCraft and Forza Horizon 3. I pre-loaded Anno 1800 last night. Iím looking forward to playing it on Tuesday.

EA games has disappeared from my playlist. And itís not because Iím off on some kind of a boycott. They have not been making games I want to buy into lately. EA ruined multiplayer in its sports games with its pay-to-win trading card packs. EA has squandered it Star Wars license so far. And the Battlefield series continues to be a release now, patch later poster child.

Have you been playing any of EAís games?

Evil Avatar 04-13-2019 09:37 AM

I got Battlefield 5 for cheap on Amazon and I played it for a day, it’s pretty much the same old Battlefield gameplay. It was fun, but nothing new so I got bored after about a day. I tried one round of the Firestorm and it was fun, but has all the same problems as regular Battle Royale — it takes forever to find weapons and even longer to find someone to fight and by the time you do, you are dead and have to do a another match and start it all over again.

I have no idea why people like that mode of gameplay. It’s just dull and plodding. The helicopter was pretty fun though with 3 or 4 of us in it shooting at stuff.

Emabulator 04-13-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2535416)
I got Battlefield 5 for cheap on Amazon and I played it for a day, itís pretty much the same old Battlefield gameplay. It was fun, but nothing new so I got bored after about a day. I tried one round of the Firestorm and it was fun, but has all the same problems as regular Battle Royale ó it takes forever to find weapons and even longer to find someone to fight and by the time you do, you are dead and have to do a another match and start it all over again.

I have no idea why people like that mode of gameplay. Itís just dull and plodding. The helicopter was pretty fun though with 3 or 4 of us in it shooting at stuff.

I got bored with Battlefield 1 quickly, so I took a pass on Battlefield 5. If the game had a good single player story mode I would have grabbed it on sale. I may still snag the digital version when it's dirt cheap on PS4.

I don't play Battle Royale mode anymore, but every kid in the family loves it, so I end up watching it quite often. Fortnite is the new Minecraft.

Kreigmstr 04-13-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2535401)
Have you seen the Warhammer Car Wars game? Iím thinking of picking that one up if I can find a group that plays. Itís pricy though, the starter kit is like $120 US.

I have not. I haven't seen anything about Car Wars in a long time. A Warhammer version sounds pretty fun. I have a regular group of around 10 people who are into table top rpg's who might be interested in it. I'll have to check it out.

BeardedSonOfNel 04-13-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emabulator (Post 2535411)
I have been playing Donkey Kong and Smash Bros. on Switch and Dirt Rally 2 on PS4. Most of my gaming time has been on PC, with OOTP Baseball, StarCraft and Forza Horizon 3. I pre-loaded Anno 1800 last night. Iím looking forward to playing it on Tuesday.

EA games has disappeared from my playlist. And itís not because Iím off on some kind of a boycott. They have not been making games I want to buy into lately. EA ruined multiplayer in its sports games with its pay-to-win trading card packs. EA has squandered it Star Wars license so far. And the Battlefield series continues to be a release now, patch later poster child.

Have you been playing any of EAís games?

Road Rash... oh you mean current games :p

BeardedSonOfNel 04-13-2019 11:13 AM

I got a Nintendo Switch this week. I'll be playing Zelda Breath of the Wild!

Inkabodcrane 04-14-2019 08:17 PM

I've mainly been playing Injustice 2, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and PUBG.

Evil Avatar 04-14-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreigmstr (Post 2535418)
I have not. I haven't seen anything about Car Wars in a long time. A Warhammer version sounds pretty fun. I have a regular group of around 10 people who are into table top rpg's who might be interested in it. I'll have to check it out.

It's called Speed Freeks. The base kit is pretty pricy and the individual cars are super expensive, but it looks like something that would be fun to play.

CthulhuFan 04-14-2019 09:50 PM

http://rlyeh.digistorm.net/images/gr...Witch_Gods.jpg
Fuckin' A; finally kicked this fucker in the teeth with a build all my own instead of some shit copied from some other cunt. Feels good. This was tough.