Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mortal Kombat 11 Official Kitana Reveal Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259943)

Emabulator 04-13-2019 11:50 AM

Mortal Kombat 11 Official Kitana Reveal Trailer

https://live.staticflickr.com/7804/4...623c95d7_z.jpg

Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Emabulator 04-13-2019 11:54 AM

Mortal Kombat royalty has graced us with her presence. Kitana joins the Mortal Kombat 11 roster.

Inkabodcrane 04-14-2019 01:17 AM

What more is there left to say. This game looks fucking awesome.

Emabulator 04-14-2019 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2535469)
What more is there left to say. This game looks fucking awesome.

Yes it does.

Evil Avatar 04-14-2019 09:20 AM

Looks fantastic. I might have to pick this one up.

Inkabodcrane 04-14-2019 05:25 PM

This trailer pretty much confirms Mileena won't be in the game. They gave Kitana some of her moves, like the sai blast and the teleport kick, both in Mileena pink. That sucks, Mileena is always a fun character to play, she's my most powerful character on the mobile game.

AlfredT 04-15-2019 06:05 AM

Oh wow she looks asian actually. How odd. I thought she was white-asian from what I recall of MK2 and the (terrible) show.

Inkabodcrane 04-16-2019 04:35 AM

I've been avoiding talking about this, because I think it's stupid in all directions. There is a minor controversy with my favorite game franchises latest release, MK11. Apparently a dev on the game did an interview on the worst gaming site on the planet, Polygon, and told them things that them and their audience would want to hear. That they have toned down the "sexiness" of the females because it wouldn't be "practical" in a fight, or something. I wouldn't dare to give that site a click so I have only heard through youtube. But it has been a couple weeks and it is still a topic.

I enjoyed in the 2000's when they made the female characters look hot; what do you want from me, I am a dude who likes chicks. I also subscribed to Maxim and FHM and stuff in those days. It was a different time. Nowadays if they kept dressing the females like they used to, there would be severe drama. Now they are getting a little drama for toning it down.

Personally, I liked it the way it was, but I also know the way this country has become. If I was in charge of NetherRealm, I would probably do the same, but hide the better costumes as unlocks. And who knows, maybe they will.

Here is the video that really sparked the whole debate as far as I know.

The girl has good points. Who are these dudes to tell girls how they should dress? How moral is it to say what is and isn't appropriate? It's a weird situation.

In the end, whatever. I just want the damn game. And it is currently preloaded on my Xbox. I just thought you all should know about this drama. Also, almost all of the dudes are half naked, if you want to take that path in the argument.

CORRECTION: The above video is the follow up. This is the initial one:

Terran 04-16-2019 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2535618)
There is a minor controversy

The New Fundamentalists™ will not abide anyone straying from what they consider acceptable thought, word, and action. It's not enough to them that they personally avoid the product or service, they want others denied the right to do so as well.

If you (plural) are a progressive, you (plural) are an intolerant fascist fundamentalist fuck. Move to California so we can isolate the contagion, thanks. :rolleyes:

Inkabodcrane 04-16-2019 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2535621)
The New Fundamentalists™ will not abide anyone straying from what they consider acceptable thought, word, and action. It's not enough to them that they personally avoid the product or service, they want others denied the right to do so as well.

If you (plural) are a progressive, you (plural) are an intolerant fascist fundamentalist fuck. Move to California so we can isolate the contagion, thanks. :rolleyes:

I know you're right. And I live in my hometown, Seattle, which has become as bad as another place I used to live, California. I still think that the people who think like this are a minority, but they are loud and have Silicon Valley for some reason.

Most of us have real life to deal with, I don't have the time or patience to worry about all this stuff. I have to go to work in a few hours, fuck off shitbags who care about dress codes!

Chief Smash 04-16-2019 05:09 AM

In a game where you crush a man's skull to flinders, pierce his brain with magical knives, impale his heart, and are then told to "Finnish him," they're concerned with whether or not a costume is practical for fighting?

Terran 04-16-2019 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2535623)
...they're concerned with whether or not a costume is practical for fighting?

You know that's not what they're concerned about, of course, they just use whatever language tools are available to hide their actual motivations and intentions. They're concerned with men enjoying the female form. They're concerned with their inability to control human sexuality. After spending the 60s freeing sex from any limitations whatsoever, they've come full circle and now don't want you to enjoy even looking at a woman.

They're fundamentalists. Intolerant, controlling, fuckwad fundies.