Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pure Evil - Red Dead Weekend (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263092)

Evil Avatar 10-02-2019 09:09 AM

Pure Evil - Red Dead Weekend

While it is a bit early for Jetherik's Weekend Gamer I am off work this week and I have been playing the crap out of Red Dead Redemption 2. I finished off the Legendary Animals and the Legendary Fish (the story bit for finishing off the Legendary Fish is hilarious) and I finished up the Master Hunter challenges.

There is still a LOT of game to finish on top of a few multiplayer trophies that require you to partner up with other players. I don't usually try to Platinum any game, because I don't like chasing multiplayer trophies and because I buy so many games that I'm off to something new before I ever get that far, but since I'm off this week I'm going to see how far I can get in Red Dead 2.

I have to thank Jetherik for his weekly article. He is probably our longest-running Editor, starting here with a great article called Wednesday Night in Norrath (which might still be archived in the In-House Content section) writing about Everquest.

Great people like him and Emabulator and our own BeardedSonofNel keep this place running. As for the rest of you, remember that you can submit News if you find something interesting. Even if you aren't familiar with how to format it into an article, submit it anyway and we will do the work to clean it up and add pictures, ect. before we approve it!

Vacation week!

PacerDawn 10-02-2019 12:03 PM

Not to derail but: Wednesday Night in Norrath? Was that on the Luclin server? I was a guide there and I seem to recall a group like that who documented their one night a week get-together. I remember going invisible and following those guys around one night. Lots of fun.

Evil Avatar 10-02-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2545352)
Not to derail but: Wednesday Night in Norrath? Was that on the Luclin server? I was a guide there and I seem to recall a group like that who documented their one night a week get-together. I remember going invisible and following those guys around one night. Lots of fun.

Yea, that was probably Jetherik's group. You should still be able to find the old articles in the In-House Content section.

ElektroDragon 10-02-2019 01:59 PM

Meanwhile.... I'm still in on chapter 2? It's just didn't grip me like say Greedfall has.

Sir_Smokes_Alot 10-02-2019 03:25 PM

Still waiting for the PC version...*sigh*

Jetherik 10-02-2019 04:03 PM

Thanks, Evil! Over 20 years of writing for the site. Evil is pretty easy to work with. We were on Luclin. We had a great time. In fact, the group is still playing, but more on that later!

BeardedSonOfNel 10-02-2019 05:25 PM

Thanks for the shout out Evil.
Jetherik, your weekly thread is a staple, and one I look forward to each week!
Emabulator, I know you're a busy cat, but you're awesome, just like the music you listen to.
Evil, thanks for keeping the lights on, and taking a chance on me being a red!

That said, all of us work full time jobs, and like Evil said; if you find some news, please submit, and one of us reds will get it posted!

On topic... I really need to fire RDR 2 back up.

MechaDangerous 10-02-2019 08:26 PM

I went looking for the Wednesday Night in Norrath thread, but couldn't find it. I assume that's what the thread was titled? Oh well. I always love reading old EQ stories. I played for a long time and was a Guide on the Xegony server for some time.

PacerDawn 10-03-2019 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetherik (Post 2545368)
We were on Luclin. We had a great time. In fact, the group is still playing, but more on that later!

Coolness! I still play from time to time myself, but mostly on my own (EQEmu) server where I can tweak things.

Evil Avatar 10-03-2019 07:08 AM

Finished up another collectible thread last night, did the last two gang hideouts and I started collecting all the weapons. I'm at like 94.1% complete right now.

I have to do the Dinosaur bones and that super long Exotics and then I think I'll have this part 100%.

There are still a bunch of trophies to get after that, for like skinning every animal and a few others. I'm getting close though. Close enough that I might really try for the Platinum on this one.

Meusli 10-03-2019 08:30 AM

Have a great time off and thanks for all the content as usual. :)

Evil Avatar 10-03-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meusli (Post 2545389)
Have a great time off and thanks for all the content as usual. :)

Thanks! News is kinda dead this week, but I have a couple of reviews from Aaron to post, I'll get one of those up in a few minutes.

MechaDangerous 10-03-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2545385)
Coolness! I still play from time to time myself, but mostly on my own (EQEmu) server where I can tweak things.

Your own EQ server?! Man I gotta figure out how to do that. Would be great to just run around and see the sights.

LilAbner 10-04-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Smokes_Alot (Post 2545364)
Still waiting for the PC version...*sigh*

Your wait is almost over! Coming to PC on November 5th!