Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Final Fantasy VII Remake Demo Intro Leaked (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264603)

Evil Avatar 12-31-2019 07:45 PM

Final Fantasy VII Remake Demo Intro Leaked

brandonjclark 12-31-2019 11:27 PM

No way that's a fake.

However, is that as far as they've gotten?

Lol, looks like a nostalgic whackfest. I love it already.

MechaDangerous 01-01-2020 12:25 AM

gimmie!

10char

vallor 01-01-2020 03:20 AM

Looks great here in this shit video which means it'll look even better on a PS/5 Pro.

On the other hand, how many times are they going to release this game? This is like the 4th time for FFVII. Obviously this one did something right to gain classic status, maybe Square needs to figure out what it is and add it to their new games instead of continuously going back to this one.

Terran 01-01-2020 02:26 PM

Seriously, what is so great about this particular FF game? Someone, persuade me...

SpectralThundr 01-01-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2550854)
Seriously, what is so great about this particular FF game? Someone, persuade me...

The characters were well written, something Square has lost since then. I'd still love to see them remake FFIII (US version) with modern visuals but it'll never happen.

Primus 01-01-2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

It was basically the introduction of the cinematic game experience to the masses.

PatrickRes9 01-01-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

I've played all of them. Finished most of them. FF VII is NOT the best one. Not sure it's in the top 3. But it did bring the series and the genre much more into the "mainstream", and because it had so many players compared to some of the other ones, especially before it, and it was their first experience with the genre/franchise, it hits people's nostalgia bone pretty hard.

FF VI (FF3 originally in the states) is much better. (In fact, I had just finished FF VI a few times when 7 was announced and subsequently released. I was let down going from 6 to 7)
Even an off-shoot like FF Tactics is better.

But - nostalgia.

Terran 01-01-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2550855)
I'd still love to see them remake FFIII (US version) with modern visuals but it'll never happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2550869)
FF VI (FF3 originally in the states) is much better.

That's my favorite FF title, but I stopped playing them long, long, LONG ago, so I have a limited range of experience with a 'final' fantasy that never seems to finalize, lol.

vallor 01-01-2020 10:47 PM

I was a huge fan but I stopped really playing FF when they changed to the pseudo-real time combat. By the time X came around I had barely played a FF for years and that's when I started skipping them.

I loved the Materia system though and you can see it's impact in a lot of games, like Path of Exile.

brandonjclark 01-02-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primus (Post 2550868)
It was basically the introduction of the cinematic game experience to the masses.

This is the answer for me.

I didn't have a PC at the time. I was in the military and only had a playstation.

AlfredT 01-04-2020 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2550870)
That's my favorite FF title, but I stopped playing them long, long, LONG ago, so I have a limited range of experience with a 'final' fantasy that never seems to finalize, lol.

Loved FF3 also (or 6 or whatever the fuck they call it in Japan). It was when I bodyslammed a train that did it for me.

Rommel 01-04-2020 06:24 AM

It is the introduction to BOTH cinematic games and the entire J-RPG genre to the West. FFVII was a huge deal, historically.

Terran 01-04-2020 01:34 PM

So it's history then. As I thought. Moving on!

PatrickRes9 01-04-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlfredT (Post 2551017)
Loved FF3 also (or 6 or whatever the fuck they call it in Japan). It was when I bodyslammed a train that did it for me.

Hahah, yah, Sabin was a @#%@ing man! Bodyslammed the damned phantom train.

Did you know you can one-shot the phantom train by throwing a Phoneix Down at it?