Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264624)

Jetherik 01-03-2020 10:12 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Happy New Years! What are the first games you are going to be playing this new decade?

Chief Smash 01-03-2020 10:45 AM

I love this time of year for gaming. I barely play anything in Spring-Fall but right around Thanksgiving, I don't feel as guilty using some of my time gaming. I finished up Super Metroid for the first time over the Christmas break (I am a lousy Nintendo fan) and now I'm a dungeon into Link's Awakening. Hopefully I can put a bigger dent into it this weekend.

BeardedSonOfNel 01-03-2020 01:06 PM

Still on my Zelda BotW kick from last week. I got a few more hours in over the past couple of days!

actusoul 01-03-2020 02:15 PM

The Witcher 3-Wild Hunt. I played a few hours when I bought in 2016. I am finally appreciating this game. The problem is too many games and not enough time. I cannot believe I didn't play this more.

BeardedSonOfNel 01-03-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by actusoul (Post 2550966)
The Witcher 3-Wild Hunt. I played a few hours when I bought in 2016. I am finally appreciating this game. The problem is too many games and not enough time. I cannot believe I didn't play this more.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have had The Witcher 3 for a couple of years now, and only have put in a couple of hours. I just don't have the time. Now that it's on the Switch I might get to play it. (I'm on the road a lot)

MechaDangerous 01-03-2020 04:05 PM

I just started playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. I really like it so far. The combat feels really good and it has that "Dark Souls" challenge/feel to it which I adore.

I started making a spreadsheet of games I'm going to complete this year, because my backlog is absolutely atrocious (1000+ on Steam, couple hundred on GoG, and like 7 on EGS) not including all the retro games I want to play through. I won't make but a dent, but I'm going to give it an honest effort this year.

Also I'll enjoy streaming my attempt! I'm happy to say that I made Twitch Affiliate which was a nice Christmas present to myself.

rulyblue 01-04-2020 09:42 AM

Been playing through the DragonQuest series

Playing 9

Played 1,2,3,4,5,11

4 and 5 cost $60 each (new) for the DS
the price of 6 seems to be $120 new so i wont play that

wife said it was ok! ;)

Ghostblaze 01-05-2020 05:33 PM

Witcher 3(PC)
Insurgency Sandstorm(PC)
World War z(PC)
God of War

BeardedSonOfNel 01-07-2020 09:22 AM

A friend of mine gave me a late Christmas gift. He got me The Witcher 3 for the Switch!

vallor 01-07-2020 11:04 AM

I played Hellblade and started Outer Worlds. I know it is a little behind the times but I'm thinking about writing a review of Hellblade. It definitely made an impact and left me thinking.