Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New New Mutants Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264640)

Evil Avatar 01-06-2020 07:10 AM

New New Mutants Trailer

Quote:

20th Century Fox in association with Marvel Entertainment presents “The New Mutants,” an original horror thriller set in an isolated hospital where a group of young mutants is being held for psychiatric monitoring. When strange occurrences begin to take place, both their new mutant abilities and their friendships will be tested as they battle to try and make it out alive.

In Theaters April 3, 2020

Evil Avatar 01-06-2020 07:10 AM

Booda 01-06-2020 07:26 AM

I think we should have at least one new superhero theatrical release a week because I think they are very good & cover new, exciting & original material.

I think we should also have at least one new superhero tv series release a month because I think they are very good & cover new, exciting & original material.

I am very excited for all the new ground that will be covered in visual entertainment by superheros in 2020.

vallor 01-06-2020 09:10 AM

This seems to have a little flavor of "Logan" in it, which is great.

Looking forward to this more than I am to most super hero movies in 2020.

timmyd 01-06-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2551128)
I think we should have at least one new superhero theatrical release a week because I think they are very good & cover new, exciting & original material.

I think we should also have at least one new superhero tv series release a month because I think they are very good & cover new, exciting & original material.

I am very excited for all the new ground that will be covered in visual entertainment by superheros in 2020.

You had me at new, exciting, original material. Maybe they'll do an origin story?

Evil Avatar 01-06-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyd (Post 2551147)
You had me at new, exciting, original material. Maybe they'll do an origin story?

Or a prequel. Everyone loves prequel trilogies.

Booda 01-06-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyd (Post 2551147)
Maybe they'll do an origin story?

That sounds like something new, exciting & original.

I got another idea. How about one that involves a superhero saving the world. I think people might enjoy something like that. I think that could also be new, exciting & original.

Mad Max RW 01-06-2020 03:11 PM

This movie was filmed like 3 years ago and has tested so poorly they kept pushing the release back.

blackzc 01-06-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2551128)

2 hours of nothing but high spots and the movie explaining things to me that don't need explaining because im not a 90 IQ nitwit.

Thanks...

BitCrash 01-07-2020 02:07 AM

no sorry - haven't we seen this before?
I think I pass unless it is going to get stellar reviews.
dvd perhaps

Inkabodcrane 01-07-2020 02:55 AM

I remember wanting to see this when the first trailer came out in 2017. Then they delayed it for extensive reshoots. Then Disney bought Fox, and who knows what kind of Frankenstein's monster it is now.

But I'll still see it. AMC A-list, I see anything that's even a little interesting.

Booda 01-07-2020 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2551191)
I see anything that's even a little interesting.

How was Cats?

Inkabodcrane 01-07-2020 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2551194)
How was Cats?

Wasn't even a little interesting!

Scherge 01-07-2020 09:50 AM

This is a movie? It looked like a TV series. Damn. I think I'd enjoy a "New Mutants" movie, but not as a horror thriller. How about "Gen 13"? Sure, they started out as freaks in a fake government prison (if I remember correctly), but the series was much more cheerful than any of the comic book adaptations I've seen over the last 10 years or so. Plus, one of the characters physically turned into a supermodel. How is that NOT movie material?

https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.ne...00/1634543.jpg