Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sony’s CEO teased that the PS5’s Most Unique features are still Unannounced (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264696)

Evil Avatar 01-09-2020 07:51 AM

Sony’s CEO teased that the PS5’s Most Unique features are still Unannounced

Quote:

Jim Ryan: “Each time a new console is released, the processor and graphics improve. Those are enticing of course, but we need to have special appeals as well. We have already confirmed the use of an solid-state drive. Having load times that are next to nothing is a major change.

“3D audio and the haptic feedback support of the controller are also things that, when you try them, you will be surprised at how big a change they are. Even just playing the racing game Gran Turismo Sport with a PlayStation 5 controller is a completely different experience. While it runs well with the previous controller, there is no going back after you experience the detailed road surface via haptic control and play using the adaptive triggers.

“But you know. There are still more unique elements for PlayStation 5 to come that separate it from previous consoles. The ‘bigger differences’ have yet to be announced.
Gematsu.

vallor 01-09-2020 07:59 AM

TV?Naw, couldn't be branching into other media... that would be cray-cray!

Evil Avatar 01-09-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2551343)
TV?Naw, couldn't be branching into other media... that would be cray-cray!

I think they are hinting about the backwards compatibility and wasn't there a rumor a while back that the SSD would be something better than a standard SSD?

What else could they do? Multi-Monitor support? The fake Xbox Series X render has two HDMI ports.

RAV 01-09-2020 09:26 AM

Hopefully it's not gimmick features to justify less performance at same price point, similar to the Kinect on Xbox last gen...

Maybe it's just about streaming stuff... maybe the controler also got a cheap little LCD touch screen.

ElektroDragon 01-09-2020 01:40 PM

Probably built in VR hardware and PS VR 2 being wireless and lightweight or something.

PS is all about VR and Xbox is all about POWER!!!! Twice the cores, 12 vs 9 Tflops. I'm buying both as should everyone who isn't broke or a stupid fanboy. But lead console for non-exclusives is very clear. Xbox.

Rommel 01-09-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAV (Post 2551358)
Maybe it's just about streaming stuff... maybe the controler also got a cheap little LCD touch screen.

Both likely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2551383)
Probably built in VR hardware and PS VR 2 being wireless and lightweight or something.

Both unlikely.

92miata 01-09-2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2551383)

PS is all about VR and Xbox is all about POWER!!!! Twice the cores, 12 vs 9 Tflops. I'm buying both as should everyone who isn't broke or a stupid fanboy. But lead console for non-exclusives is very clear. Xbox.

Both Consoles Day One Purchase here for sure. Probably going to add in a wicked 4k TV also.

I have heard that PS5 is going to be completely BC from PS1 forward.....Amazing.

shadow763 01-10-2020 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92miata (Post 2551414)
I have heard that PS5 is going to be completely BC from PS1 forward.....Amazing.

This would be so nice. To be able to play all of my old stuff without dragging out the old consoles would be so helpful.

Evil Avatar 01-10-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Both Consoles Day One Purchase here for sure. Probably going to add in a wicked 4k TV also.

Wicked 4K TV is next on my list for sure.

vallor 01-10-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2551440)

Same, I'm looking forward to grabbing a 4k HDR TV as soon as I get somewhere semi-permanent.

Hellstorm 01-10-2020 10:39 PM

Willing to bet it's biggest surprise is that it will be one SKU and cheaper than the Xboxwhateverthenameisnow.

ElektroDragon 01-10-2020 11:31 PM

Wicked 4K TV? You mean like my 77" OLED with zero lag? ;)

Evil Avatar 01-11-2020 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2551504)
Wicked 4K TV? You mean like my 77" OLED with zero lag? ;)

Yes, only not imaginary. :p

SpectralThundr 01-12-2020 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellstorm (Post 2551499)
Willing to bet it's biggest surprise is that it will be one SKU and cheaper than the Xboxwhateverthenameisnow.

Considering it'll be less powerful than the Xbone, odds are it might be cheaper.

Evil Avatar 01-12-2020 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2551543)
Considering it'll be less powerful than the Xbone, odds are it might be cheaper.

Just because I am a fan, I will point out that real specs for BOTH systems are not yet available, so we don’t really know if the PS5 will be less powerful.

I suspect it will be, MS does crank out great hardware.

blackzc 01-15-2020 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2551453)
Same, I'm looking forward to grabbing a 4k HDR TV as soon as I get somewhere semi-permanent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2551440)

Quote:

Make sure to stick a low/mid end PC on that TV and check out some Gamecube @ 4K. Its really something.