Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - Now Available! #RebelGalaxyOutlaw (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262124)

brandonjclark 08-13-2019 08:27 PM

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - Now Available! #RebelGalaxyOutlaw

DoubleDamage has followed up with the successor to their 3rd-person multi-platform hit Rebel Galaxy with the 1st-person (and 3rd-person) space shooter, REBEL GALAXY OUTLAW. While the first game focused on large ship battles with broadside cannon engagements, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is a story prequel, putting you in the cockpit of light fighters playing the mother of the original games' protagonist.

It is now exclusively available on the Epic Games Store until around Aug 2020, at which time it will expand to a Steam release as well as other possible platforms.

Check out the games F.A.Q. for the basic information!

Click the headline for a cherry-picked review!

BeardedSonOfNel 08-14-2019 05:29 AM

EL CABONG 08-14-2019 08:08 AM

Looking forward to playing it on steam. Epic store is missing too many features for me to support anymore. If it gets better I could change my mind.

vallor 08-14-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL CABONG (Post 2542339)
Looking forward to playing it on steam. Epic store is missing too many features for me to support anymore. If it gets better I could change my mind.

Epic posts their road map, which includes user reviews and achievements in the mid- to long-term. That's a damn sight more transparency than Steam ever gives.

My biggest problem is platform exclusivity on the PC... it feels wrong. But it isnt like Valve doesn't have its own billions of dollars to buy exclusives. They have way more money than Epic. Spend some.

davidj.dk 08-14-2019 09:50 AM

looks good..

but, delayed a year..

Nowyn 08-14-2019 09:51 AM

I'm actually waiting for it to come to PS4 and I'll buy it immediately, it looks to be better played on a gamepad/controller than mouse/keyboard. I know you can hook one up to your computer, but meh.

I dont have any polarizing thoughts on Epic vs Steam.

Rommel 08-14-2019 07:32 PM

Huh. And Star Citizen isn't out yet, right?

Azzy 08-14-2019 11:45 PM

I won't buy this on Epic and by the time it gets to Steam I won't care.

EL CABONG 08-15-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2542343)
Epic posts their road map, which includes user reviews and achievements in the mid- to long-term. That's a damn sight more transparency than Steam ever gives.

My biggest problem is platform exclusivity on the PC... it feels wrong. But it isnt like Valve doesn't have its own billions of dollars to buy exclusives. They have way more money than Epic. Spend some.

Steam is far from perfect. If and when Epic is better than what the epic store is now then they will get my money.

PacerDawn 08-15-2019 06:14 PM

From the video: "Now Rebel Galaxy isn't an arcade combat game in the sense of something like, say, Everspace, however it does have space sim elements."

Translation: Our game isn't an arcade game, but despite that it does have non-arcade game elements.

Who wrote that script?

Regardless, I'm intrigued...

MechaDangerous 08-15-2019 08:53 PM

Looking forward to this being released in Q3 2020.

AlfredT 08-17-2019 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MechaDangerous (Post 2542409)
Looking forward to this being released in Q3 2020.

Oh i saw it on rarbg so I thought it was already out/complete. Good, that means there will be more ships instead of doubled ships via component/stat modding.