Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NSFW Succubus Announcement Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257776)

Evil Avatar 12-20-2018 06:54 AM

NSFW Succubus Announcement Trailer

Quote:

Announcing new game - Succubus!

Madmind Studio presents Succubus, a spin-off to our previous game Agony. The game is an action-oriented horror combining dynamic and brutal combat, with an intriguing storyline. Succubus is currently planned to be released on the Steam platform.

The main character of the game is Succubus, a wild and lustful demon. The players were able to learn a part of her story in the original Agony and Agony Unrated, where she received her own single-player campaign.

With the disappearance of the legitimate rulers of Hell, the remaining demons recognized Nimrod as their ruler, because he was the only soul who could dominate the mind of the mighty Beast. By raising his new empire from the corpses of sinners, the new king, along with his new queen Succubus, managed to control the chaos left by the former rulers.

The new title didn't fit the Succubus. The life of luxury and walking on rugs sewn from the skins of martyrs was not for her though, and so she has chosen a life in the wilderness of Hell.

During her travels, the new queen meets the powerful Baphomet who, together with his army, is going to get the soul of Nimrod. Captured, maimed and betrayed by her own species, the Succubus is left with only one goal that matters REVENGE!

Main Features

Intense and brutal action using weapons and pyrokinesis
Diversified opponents
Expandable skill tree
A system of weapons and armor that affect a player's statistics
A rich and diverse world of Hell
A multi-story plot combining horror with action and survival
A hostile environment full of traps and enemies
Surreal visual setting and gore
Boss fights

The Steam page will be ready in the next few days. The trailer was considered "Adults Only", so the page for Succubus will be like the one for Agony Unrated - only for adults.
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Evil Avatar 12-20-2018 06:54 AM

Chimpbot 12-20-2018 07:12 AM

I'm glad they're making a followup no one wanted to a game no one played or enjoyed.

It's yet another generic rendition of Hell filled with stiff, stilted gore. Oh, and you get to play as a nekkid chick because it's edgy.

SpectralThundr 12-20-2018 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2526718)
I'm glad they're making a followup no one wanted to a game no one played or enjoyed.

It's yet another generic rendition of Hell filled with stiff, stilted gore. Oh, and you get to play as a nekkid chick because it's edgy.

https://i.imgur.com/uXoUrM5.jpg

Looks like a similar game to devil may cry 5, looks visually superior to DMC5 just in a first person setting. Oh shit there's boobs better hate it! :D

Chimpbot 12-20-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2526720)
Looks like a similar game to devil may cry 5...

Not really. The DMC series has a pretty distinct combat style and this doesn't really look anything like it.

Quote:

...looks visually superior to DMC5 just in a first person setting.
This looks about as good - visually speaking - as Agony...which was a brown, generic rendition of Hell.

If you think this looks fun, have at it.

Quote:

Oh shit there's boobs better hate it! :D
If they're there simply to increase the edginess of the game, it's not really a positive selling point.

SpectralThundr 12-20-2018 08:25 AM

Just rustling your jimmies, I did chuckle at your instant rant though considering just yesterday you were bitching how everyone hates everything new. By similar I meant similar vibe, demons and shit. I played 1 of the more recent DMC game and that was enough to tell me the series wasn't for me. Again to each their own. Not interested in this either but hey tits are always a good thing. DMC to me looks really generic though and it's not at all visually impressive.

Chimpbot 12-20-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2526731)
Just rustling your jimmies, I did chuckle at your instant rant though considering just yesterday you were bitching how everyone hates everything new.

It's the constant instant disdain and/or digust (which I am also guilty of, obviously) that gets to me. There's just so much negativity towards everything and it wears me down, at times.

Quote:

By similar I meant similar vibe, demons and shit. I played 1 of the more recent DMC game and that was enough to tell me the series wasn't for me. Again to each their own. Not interested in this either but hey tits are always a good thing. DMC to me looks really generic though and it's not at all visually impressive.
I haven't played a DMC game since 3, so I was actually pleasantly surprised by how the new one looked.

I can't believe Agony did well enough to warrant any sort of follow-up, but here we are.

SpectralThundr 12-20-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2526735)
It's the constant instant disdain and/or digust (which I am also guilty of, obviously) that gets to me. There's just so much negativity towards everything and it wears me down, at times.

I haven't played a DMC game since 3, so I was actually pleasantly surprised by how the new one looked.

I can't believe Agony did well enough to warrant any sort of follow-up, but here we are.

I think that may have been the one I played, I'm not sure, just wasn't for me. I think alot of it is most of us are older here, we've done this rodeo for a long time. At least for me I remember games that had far more complex systems and depth from the 90's than what we get today and I think that's part of why there's more disdain for half the stuff coming down the pipe. Sure today's visuals are certainly better, but most games lack any sort of depth or complexity because the casuals don't want that and games are expensive to produce what with how outrageous marketing budgets have become.

I don't want to say it's lazy devs because I don't think it is, but on the whole the industry has been dumbing games down for years now, it just takes more to impress those of us who have been around the hobby a while.

Booda 12-20-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2526742)
...I remember games that had far more complex systems and depth from the 90's than what we get today and I think that's part of why there's more disdain for half the stuff coming down the pipe.

...it just takes more to impress those of us who have been around the hobby a while.

Play Dead Cells.

wunshot 12-20-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2526749)
Play Dead Cells.

I would upvote that if we could upvote.

Chimpbot 12-20-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2526742)
I think that may have been the one I played, I'm not sure, just wasn't for me. I think alot of it is most of us are older here, we've done this rodeo for a long time. At least for me I remember games that had far more complex systems and depth from the 90's than what we get today and I think that's part of why there's more disdain for half the stuff coming down the pipe. Sure today's visuals are certainly better, but most games lack any sort of depth or complexity because the casuals don't want that and games are expensive to produce what with how outrageous marketing budgets have become.

I don't want to say it's lazy devs because I don't think it is, but on the whole the industry has been dumbing games down for years now, it just takes more to impress those of us who have been around the hobby a while.

The DMC series actually has a relatively complex combo/style combat system that was later utilized in titles like Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta. The games were pretty tough, as well; the first (which came out in 2001) was criticized for its overall difficulty.

I've been playing video games since I was four and grew up with PC gaming through the 90's and I feel like the overall complexity of games has actually increased over the years. The difficulty of games feels like it may have diminished to varying degrees, and games are shorter than they used to be...but they're able to do things with them (aside from visuals) that you just couldn't a decade or two ago.

SpectralThundr 12-20-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2526749)
Play Dead Cells.

I hate platformers, no thanks. Also I think you and I have vastly different taste Chimp. I just don't like most Japanese titles at all. None of them click for me.

Chimpbot 12-20-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2526752)
I hate platformers, no thanks. Also I think you and I have vastly different taste Chimp. I just don't like most Japanese titles at all. None of them click for me.

I remember when most of the console games didn't come from anywhere but Japan, so it feels kinda weird to acknowledge that I don't like most of the newer offerings from Japan like I used to back in the day. Western developers really came to the forefront from 2001 and on, which kinda pushed Japanese developers to the side. Many of the Eastern games feel a bit less refined, by comparison.

We never would have gotten something like the 2018 God of War from a Japanese developer.

SpectralThundr 12-20-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2526753)
I remember when most of the console games didn't come from anywhere but Japan, so it feels kinda weird to acknowledge that I don't like most of the newer offerings from Japan like I used to back in the day. Western developers really came to the forefront from 2001 and on, which kinda pushed Japanese developers to the side. Many of the Eastern games feel a bit less refined, by comparison.

We never would have gotten something like the 2018 God of War from a Japanese developer.

I think part of that is Japanese games still feel like they're developing with a old school mindset in both mechanics and overall vibe. There's very little innovation there imo anyway. The other part for me is obviously I'm from the west, so western themes are more familiar and just more interesting. I'd much rather play an Obsidian CPRG over a JRPG Final Fantasy or the like just as an example, I'd much rather play Killer Instinct over Street Fighter Super Hyper turbo Alpha Rehash edition. Or a well made Diablo over Zelda.

Sensei-X 12-20-2018 12:48 PM

Main Features

Intense and brutal action using weapons and pyrokinesis
Tits
Diversified opponents
Tits
Expandable skill tree
Tits
A system of weapons and armor that affect a player's statistics
Yes, tits
A rich and diverse world of Hell
Tits
A multi-story plot combining horror with action and survival
A hostile environment full of traps and enemies
Did we mentions there's tits?
Surreal visual setting and gore
Boss fights
And even more tits!!

Terran 12-20-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2526718)

And

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2526730)
This looks about as good - visually speaking - as Agony...which was a brown, generic rendition of Hell.

If you think this looks fun, have at it.

If they're there simply to increase the edginess of the game, it's not really a positive selling point.

Followed by:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2526735)
It's the constant instant disdain and/or digust (which I am also guilty of, obviously) that gets to me.

Guilty as hell, obviously! Ironic to be in such proximity, lol. :D

AlfredT 12-20-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2526720)
https://i.imgur.com/uXoUrM5.jpg

Looks like a similar game to devil may cry 5, looks visually superior to DMC5 just in a first person setting. Oh shit there's boobs better hate it! :D

Said the dumbcunt that never played the game. The game is a piece of shit. Its the overthought artsy twat crap you are always bitching about.. yet here you go defending it assuming someone was triggered by tits.

Agony had tits too.. it had censorship.. and the uncensored version. They both sucked. Soo again, the comment you are responding to .. is apt. But you and apt are in totally different unrelated dimensions.

SpectralThundr 12-20-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlfredT (Post 2526769)
Said the dumbcunt that never played the game. The game is a piece of shit. Its the overthought artsy twat crap you are always bitching about.. yet here you go defending it assuming someone was triggered by tits.

Agony had tits too.. it had censorship.. and the uncensored version. They both sucked. Soo again, the comment you are responding to .. is apt. But you and apt are in totally different unrelated dimensions.

I guess you missed the part of my post that mentioned I was just giving Chimp shit and have no interest in this game at all. There's that whole reading comprehension thing you seem to repeatedly have a problem with. Can you read? Or do you just mash your keyboard in hopes of saying something coherent? :rolleyes:

Terran 12-20-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlfredT (Post 2526769)
Agony had tits too...

...it's called marriage.*

ba dum psssh. :D

* Got a great wife!

Wizzkidd 12-20-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2526790)
...it's called marriage.*

ba dum psssh. :D

* Got a great wife!

You got me, that was funny right there.

Agony was such a colossal disappointment for me. I was excited for it and it ended up being bad. So I won't follow this, but if it somehow comes out and has positive user reviews I may eventually get it on sale.