Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cyberpunk Creator Mike Pondsmith Defends 2077 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261175)

BeardedSonOfNel 06-18-2019 04:26 PM

Cyberpunk Creator Mike Pondsmith Defends 2077

Via PC Gamer
Quote:

Cyberpunk 2077 was one of the biggest hits of this year's E3, but it didn't go over without criticism. The demo and trailers led some to express concerns about trans representation in the game, while an article by Rock, Paper, Shotgun expressed discomfort at "shooting at predominantly black people labelled as animals," referring to the Animals gang in the gameplay demo.

The criticisms attracted the attention of Mike Pondsmith, the creator of the Cyberpunk RPG on which the game is based.

"If I wasn't heavily involved, I would be able to get more done. As it is, I barely have a life," Pondsmith wrote on Reddit, responding to the suggestion that he wasn't still involved in the development of Cyberpunk 2077. "As for the Animals—the WHOLE FREAKING POINT is that they think of themselves as POWERFUL, DANGEROUS, WILD ANIMALS. You'd have thought the Lady named 'Sasquatch' would have given them a clue."

SpectralThundr 06-18-2019 04:51 PM

The leftist shitbags over at RPS continuing to prove what fucking idiots they are. I suppose the literal creator of the Pen and Paper game knows less then they do for sure about his own IP.

brandonjclark 06-18-2019 05:13 PM

Dayyyyum! He slammed the door pretty hard on those idiots!

wunshot 06-18-2019 05:42 PM

He's a black guy? And they are complaining as if he's some white guy making a game that is racist towards blacks. Give me a fucking break...

Chief Smash 06-18-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2539734)
He's a black guy? And they are complaining as if he's some white guy making a game that is racist towards blacks. Give me a fucking break...

Apparently he's the wrong type of black guy for them.

CthulhuFan 06-18-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2539737)
Apparently he's the wrong type of black guy for them.

He's absolutely based telling 'white' knights to get bent. Good stuff.

vallor 06-18-2019 08:25 PM

Apparently Anita Sarkisian also popped off after seeing some nude girls and “toxic masculinity” in some demos.

She wanted to make sure everyone knew she was available for hire to “consult” to CDPR to help them out because game is full of obvious had “problematic” female representation. Probably queer, gay (isn’t that redundant?), trans, pedo, zoosexual, and stuff too.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. Glad they ain’t taking this crap seriously.

As an aside, I know it isn’t for everyone, but there is a Paul J. Watson video showing how Cyberpunk 2020 predicts how identity politics is at the heart of the downfall which predicates the anarchy the game is set in. WARNING: LINK TO INFOWARS but it leads to a video where the first part is quoting the rule book.

The relevant part is the first minute or so: here. Are you brave enough to seek the fun even though you have to go to the yucky side of the web and icky Infowars to find it?

Ghostblaze 06-18-2019 08:42 PM

Well shit, guess I'm never visiting RPS again. What a bunch of pansy little SJW cunt bags.

AlfredT 06-18-2019 11:29 PM

The worst thing about these guys are that they don't deal with the real issues, just this contrived made up bullshit. I'm glad this guy didn't appease their bullshit and called them out on it.

Mozgus 06-19-2019 05:59 AM

RPS has been snowflake HQ for many years now. Never heard of Mike until now, and the smackdown he administered certainly lives up to the legend status everyone claims he has. Based AF.

GodFather 06-19-2019 08:00 AM

2019... smh

Dag-Sabot 06-19-2019 12:53 PM

So basically extortion: If you don't hire me as a consultant I'll sick my horde of feminazi trannies on you?

SpectralThundr 06-19-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot (Post 2539773)
So basically extortion: If you don't hire me as a consultant I'll sick my horde of feminazi trannies on you?

Basically, her 15 mins are up, she's likely desperate to continue raking in money when the majority realize she's a 3rd wave feminist hack at this point.

LostToys 06-19-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Many people who were getting a bit "squeemish" about the implied racism are relying on their knowledge of CD Projekt Red, not on who designed and provided critical feedback for Cyberpunk. So they are always going to be looking at everything in the game through the lens of white Polish males, which is why there was an "uproar" over the transphobic advertisement used during an nVIDIA presentation about ray tracing

SpectralThundr 06-19-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2539775)
which is why there was an "uproar" over the transphobic advertisement used during an nVIDIA presentation about ray tracing

Who cares. Seriously. Who the fuck cares? These people don't buy games to begin with, they use gaming websites and "insert hobby here" websites to virtue signal about the evils of straight white people, they weren't going to buy the product to begin with.

MusicToEat 06-19-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2539775)
which is why there was an "uproar" over the transphobic advertisement

Don't include Transpeople = "YOUR GAME'S NOT INCLUSIVE"

Include Transpeople = "YOU'RE EXPLOITING TRANSPEOPLE"

You can't win with these people, so don't even try.

colonel 32dll 06-19-2019 07:03 PM

Jesus fucking Christ!
Nauseating SJW bullshit. It's a fucking game.
God, I hate this planet sometimes.

Azzy 06-19-2019 09:50 PM

All of this aside, I find it hard to trust a guy who crosses his arms like that.

MusicToEat 06-20-2019 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 2539794)
All of this aside, I find it hard to trust a guy who crosses his arms like that.

It reminds me of one of the team shots from battle bots where a bunch of nerds try and look tough.

ElektroDragon 06-20-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

I love this guy.... make the white guilt idiots eat crow like all the black Republicans on FOX do. :D