Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cuphead DLC 'The Delicious Last Course' Delayed to 2020 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261429)

Evil Avatar 07-03-2019 06:03 PM

Cuphead DLC 'The Delicious Last Course' Delayed to 2020

Evil Avatar 07-03-2019 06:03 PM

Chief Smash 07-03-2019 07:09 PM

I don't usually buy DLC but I'm pretty sure I'll be picking this up. The base game is fantastic.

brandonjclark 07-03-2019 07:17 PM

It got too hard for me.

There, I said it.

DingBat 07-04-2019 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2540550)
It got too hard for me.

There, I said it.

Don't feel bad. I decided long ago that games that were hard for the sake of being hard just weren't for me. I pretty much hate playing the same scene more than say 3 times and I hate remembering patterns.

I appreciate how good games like Dead Souls, Cuphead, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Enter the Gungeon are, but they just aren't for me. And yeah, I'm prepared to be told many of those games aren't hard at all. Tried gettin' gud. Failed.

Evil Avatar 07-04-2019 06:55 AM

I liked the art a lot, but watching my son play it was just another platformer known for being difficult.

I think that classic style of gameplay is fantastic, but I agree with Dingbat, I don’t think I have the patience to spend the time it takes to get great at these things.

PatrickRes9 07-04-2019 12:31 PM

These games definitely take patience. Which i DIDNT have, but I've noticed the more I play them, the more I'm building patience for them and enjoying them.

Dead Cells
Celeste
Dark Souls 3
etc

Just...enjoying that you have to take your time and adapt. When I first started down the road of rogue likes and difficult games, my patience level was 0. But as I keep going, I find my patience and my enjoyment of the games growing.

But eaaaasily not for everyone. I'm just using it as a tool to try to get some of the patience back that I had when I was younger. It's actually kind of working (and I'm enjoying the experience at the same time)

AlfredT 07-04-2019 08:39 PM

Ever since I played Ikaruga, I get these zen moments in which the game ceases being difficult, as long as I block everything else. Literally, when I'm into that zone, my house could be on fire, and i'm like that dog with the coffee in the meme going "This is fine."

:)

Mad Max RW 07-05-2019 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2540555)
I liked the art a lot, but watching my son play it was just another platformer known for being difficult.

I think that classic style of gameplay is fantastic, but I agree with Dingbat, I donít think I have the patience to spend the time it takes to get great at these things.

The art style far surpasses the gameplay and level design. I would love a sequel more along the lines of Commander Keen. Slow it down, create bigger open levels with lots of verticality promoting exploration. Cuphead has a couple levels that change it up but for the most part itís a constant push to the right and shooting madly. I never felt inclined to replay it.

shadow763 07-05-2019 06:55 AM

They should institute a rewind feature or something to help make it a bit easier. Or let me take half or fourth damage. :D

AlfredT 07-05-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow763 (Post 2540593)
They should institute a rewind feature or something to help make it a bit easier. Or let me take half or fourth damage. :D

https://mrantifun.net/threads/cuphead-trainer.14438/

:)

ElektroDragon 07-06-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2540551)
Don't feel bad. I decided long ago that games that were hard for the sake of being hard just weren't for me. I pretty much hate playing the same scene more than say 3 times and I hate remembering patterns.

I appreciate how good games like Dead Souls, Cuphead, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Enter the Gungeon are, but they just aren't for me. And yeah, I'm prepared to be told many of those games aren't hard at all. Tried gettin' gud. Failed.

Dark Souls man... But yeah I feel the same way. I was going to beg for EASY MODE for Cuphead, but yeah, will never happen.

Mad Max RW 07-06-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow763 (Post 2540593)

A rewind feature is a really good idea and fits the old film reel aesthetic.