Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259722)

Evil Avatar 04-02-2019 07:06 AM

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC

Quote:

Discover the co-op shooter-looter that started it all, crammed with additional content and enhancements! Equip bazillions of guns as one of four trigger-happy mercenaries, each with unique RPG skills. Take on the lawless, desolate planet of Pandora in pursuit of a powerful alien technology: The Vault. With brand new weapons, substantial visual upgrades, quality of life improvements, all four add-on packs, and more, Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition is the brand new definitive version of the award-winning 2009 first-person shooter / role-playing game hybrid, available now for the first time on current generation consoles.

Evil Avatar 04-02-2019 07:06 AM

Evil Avatar 04-02-2019 07:09 AM

What’s New

Quality of Life Improvements: Significant updates to the game’s supporting systems allow for a smoother overall experience. For example:

- A Borderlands 2-style mini-map, which you can toggle on and off, has been added to complement the original compass.
- Substantial improvements to the inventory system—such as allowing you to “lock” weapons or mark them as “ junk ”—simplify item management.
- Items like ammo, money, and health now auto-pick up from the ground.

Rewards Ready: With the addition of the SHiFT player rewards program, you can now use Golden Keys to unlock special in-game items and rewards. Returning SHiFT users who’ve played Borderlands 2 or The Pre-Sequel on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or PC will receive 75 free Golden Keys, as well as two randomly selected all-new weapons, for their first newly-created Vault Hunter.

Added Firepower: A new set of six named, custom-skinned Legendary weapons make the base game’s arsenal even deeper. Beat bosses or gather Golden Keys for a chance to collect ‘em all.

Badder Boss Battles: In direct response to fan feedback, the campaign ’s final boss encounter has been adjusted to be more engaging, challenging, and rewarding.

Cosmetic Customization: For the first time, you will be able to customize your Vault Hunter beyond simply selecting a color scheme. Each of the four available characters has five brand new cosmetic heads unlocked and equippable right from the start of the game.

Now Available on Modern Consoles: Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition makes the original Borderlands readily available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for the first time, in addition to providing a newly enhanced and visually remastered version for PC players .

Free to Existing Owners on PC: If you already own the original Borderlands on Steam, you’ll be able to upgrade to Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition absolutely free.

Key Features

Bazillions of Guns: Rocket-launching shotguns, enemy-torching revolvers, SMGs that fire lightning rounds, and tons more procedurally generated firearms.

RPG Progression: Slay your foes, gain experience points, and build out extensive skill trees unique to each of the four Vault Hunters.

Co-op Frenzy: Tear through the opposition as a crew of up to four, with four-player split-screen available on consoles and online co-op available across all platforms.

Rich Universe: Uncover the rewarding mysteries, memorable inhabitants, and deep lore of Pandora—and the Borderlands narrative universe.

Intense Vehicular Combat: Get behind the wheel and engage in frenetic vehicle-to-vehicle combat.

Radical Art Style: Traditional rendering techniques combined with hand-drawn textures give Borderlands its iconic style.

Included Content

Borderlands [Base Game]: The original shooter-looter in all its visually remastered glory.

The Zombie Island of Doctor Ned [DLC]: Enter the corporate-owned small town known as Jakobs Cove and put an end to the rumors of the walking “undead.” New are as, new missions, new enemies, oh my!

Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot [DLC]: Celebrate the grand opening of Marcus Bank by taking on hundreds of foes in the only competitive arena around where you come back famous… or not at all.

The Secret Armory of General Knoxx [DLC]: Want more of the Borderlands story and more loot than you could possibly figure out what to do with? Add new guns, missions, vehicles and more!

Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution [DLC]: This destructive adventure invites you to battle a vicious new threat: a massive uprising of your former friends, the Claptraps.

Dag-Sabot 04-02-2019 08:50 AM

This will be neat to snag at a Christmas sale.

Evil Avatar 04-02-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot (Post 2534473)
This will be neat to snag at a Christmas sale.

I mentioned in the other thread, I got the Hansom Collection. Pretty nice deal, though of course it went on sale the day after I bought it.

Emabulator 04-02-2019 01:13 PM

The improvements are nice. But I have no desire to revisit the game. I played it to death when it was first released.

Mozgus 04-02-2019 01:14 PM

Remastered BL1 has been rumored for years. Nice. Might actually go through it again. I remember having to edit ini files and load the game with a wrapper exe just to make it halfway satisfactory as a PC FPS title. Hopefully it has all the technical enhancements BL2 on PC had.

Misanthropist 04-02-2019 02:14 PM

ive been having fun with the handsome collection and the borderlands prequel on the moon. No desire to revisit the first game tho.

Blog 04-02-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Free to Existing Owners on PC: If you already own the original Borderlands on Steam, you’ll be able to upgrade to Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition absolutely free.

FUCK YES.

I'm assuming they're ditching that shitty GameSpy matchmaking? Borderlands 2 co-op was some of the most fun I've had online. I would love to revisit BL1 with my friends, but for that to happen they'll need to have a matchmaking service that actually freakin' works.

BeardedSonOfNel 04-02-2019 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emabulator (Post 2534492)
The improvements are nice. But I have no desire to revisit the game. I played it to death when it was first released.

What he said!

Mad Max RW 04-02-2019 04:55 PM

They are updating the sequel and its DLC as well. Hopefully that brings in more players because the servers are nonexistent.

SpectralThundr 04-02-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blog (Post 2534499)
FUCK YES.

I'm assuming they're ditching that shitty GameSpy matchmaking? Borderlands 2 co-op was some of the most fun I've had online. I would love to revisit BL1 with my friends, but for that to happen they'll need to have a matchmaking service that actually freakin' works.

They would have to, Gamespy went under a long ass time ago.

Laz 04-03-2019 01:31 AM

I picked up the game (and then all the DLC during a sale). I never made it past the first few levels. Maybe i'll give it a try again.

Azrael 04-03-2019 03:55 AM

Screw the haters, this game rocks. Put in so many hours pre steam and then alot more when it hit steam

Mad Max RW 04-03-2019 05:32 AM

Did they fix how easy it was to hack weapons and gear? I remember having a rocket launcher that fired so many projectiles per shot it crashed servers. You could also get a stackable item that while equipped causes a literal mushroom cloud of loot to explode from enemies and junk piles, blanketing maps.

Mad Max RW 04-03-2019 05:23 PM

I just played around with the BL2 4k update and it's a pretty decent job. After jumping directly from the regular version the sharper textures are immediately obvious. Posters, machinery, anything with text, are all very clear. Wall and ground textures are much more crisp. It's like all the downscaling was removed and you're seeing something a bit closer to the original art. No performance hit whatsoever. I even pumped it up a little with Reshade and the game looks good. Also there's a TON of high level servers up.